Cult Kits - Another Nike 98-00 deadstock find!!!

Fair play to the old boy. Could have made fortunes with his treasure chest but that’s his livelihood, without his shop he’d be lost. Also fair play to the collectors for not taking the piss.
They could've gone to town. I can remember reading at the time that Brown in particular was very respectful of the owner & they think it was this that smoothed the way to the purchases they did manage to make. Would've loved to have been there!

Looking at the evidence, it points to these tops being fake.

The real original has a different dri fit logo than the one that appears on the fakes.

Also the red stripe on the original has a darker shade of red in a fade like effect. The pic advertising them and Coza's one's don't have the same fading.

Authentic originals:

Vintage-Glasgow-Rangers-1997-1998-Home-Football-Shirt-Size.jpg

s-l400.jpg

And the one's i suspect are fakes:

img_8359.jpg

0-CA8-D2-F9-3-D36-4-DC8-9022-98-A05-FC8706-C.jpg

Good post though OP because people will no doubt buy them, I'd just be uncomfortable calling them the real originals though.
After seeing your post I had a quick look at my original one (bought launch day from the rangers store in st Vince st I think it was)
Both the home and white away dont have the black border around the dri-fit logo on the sleeve.

After seeing your post I had a quick look at my original one (bought launch day from the rangers store in st Vince st I think it was)
Both the home and white away dont have the black border around the dri-fit logo on the sleeve.

Neither does the one I got from cult first time around. Only the photo on their website does.

@Coza My top arrived today and I compared it to the Holland World Cup 98 top I have.

The sleeves are baggier and some of the stitching is a bit off. Also the material feels different. I don’t know if that’s because of 20 years of wear and washing has effected the original top or because these are fakes.

It’s still a decent top and I will probably keep it but in my opinion I think it’s fake.

Received mine today.

It has dri-fit on the sleeve, couldn’t possibly comment on the red stripe as I could have told you nothing more than it was a red stripe. The bag has the same sticker as the tag on the shirt and from memory is like the stickers from the shirts. The bag is pretty yellow as well suggesting it’s old.

Re post above the stitching looks fine on mine and I had that Holland top too and remmeber the sleeves being a good bit tighter than the Rangers tops.

Either way, for £50 I’ve got a top which carries fond memories from my youth, if it is fake I don’t think many (if any) would ever be able to tell. My gut says it isn’t for the reasons above and it just seems like a ridiculous amount of effort to go to to only make mediums and go to the effort of creating hallmarks of old stock (yellow bag, slightly stale smell) all for £50.https://postimg.cc/gallery/1a0ifnhzs/

Received mine today.

It has dri-fit on the sleeve, couldn’t possibly comment on the red stripe as I could have told you nothing more than it was a red stripe. The bag has the same sticker as the tag on the shirt and from memory is like the stickers from the shirts. The bag is pretty yellow as well suggesting it’s old.

Re post above the stitching looks fine on mine and I had that Holland top too and remmeber the sleeves being a good bit tighter than the Rangers tops.

Either way, for £50 I’ve got a top which carries fond memories from my youth, if it is fake I don’t think many (if any) would ever be able to tell. My gut says it isn’t for the reasons above and it just seems like a ridiculous amount of effort to go to to only make mediums and go to the effort of creating hallmarks of old stock (yellow bag, slightly stale smell) all for £50.https://postimg.cc/gallery/1a0ifnhzs/
That’s good news about the sleeves then. It’s just the stitching on size logo at the bottom of the top so I’m not worried about it.
Either way it’s a topper for £50.

Received mine today.

Damn. These Turkish fakes are going to some length to produce a shirt in only one size, limiting their audience AND synthesising a stale smell?!!

Received mine today as well. Only had a quick look at it, but going to get my old one down from the loft and compare later

As others have said it has the same dri-fit logo on the sleeve, and the packaging doesn't feel like it's new. But some of the stitching doesn't look great.

If it possible these are real, but we're factory rejects?

Received mine today.

I know I'm being a bore but i can't ignore the red line not matching 100%. It's not much but the real one had a fading outline in a darker shade of red that's missing from these. I got the original for Christmas as a teen and i remember this effect well, in these new ones it's just a solid bold red with no fading if you compare the top pic to the bottom.

FA42-A02-F-CC31-48-A4-AB2-D-C102534-DD743.jpg

Real one:

Nike-GLASGOW-RANGERS-Vintage-1997-99-sz-XL-Soccer.jpg

Still, if someone notices that then they are standing too close :p

Received mine today as well. Only had a quick look at it, but going to get my old one down from the loft and compare later

As others have said it has the same dri-fit logo on the sleeve, and the packaging doesn't feel like it's new. But some of the stitching doesn't look great.

If it possible these are real, but we're factory rejects?

This was one of my thoughts too as to why they might be floating about. We got hundreds of them back with cathches/tags. Maybe this factory made a batch that was deemed below standard so they sat there for years.

Also at the time to explain the amount of faulty tops I was told by Scott, the shop manager, that loads of smaller factories had been outsourced to by Nike as they did not expect the level of demand they experienced and Nike were struggling to do us with other U.K. clubs they had. A situation that never improved on the 00-01 top.

This was one of my thoughts too as to why they might be floating about. We got hundreds of them back with cathches/tags. Maybe this factory made a batch that was deemed below standard so they sat there for years.

Also at the time to explain the amount of faulty tops I was told by Scott, the shop manager, that loads of smaller factories had been outsourced to by Nike as they did not expect the level of demand they experienced and Nike were struggling to do us with other U.K. clubs they had. A situation that never improved on the 00-01 top.
Ironic that the duds and returns are probably making someone more money than the originals made.

That’s good news about the sleeves then. It’s just the stitching on size logo at the bottom of the top so I’m not worried about it.
Either way it’s a topper for £50.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that we had one of the deliveries come in with every XXL top (might have been XXL)showing that label upside down. Could fit in with the rejects idea.

I know I'm being a bore but i can't ignore the red line not matching 100%. It's not much but the real one had a fading outline in a darker shade of red that's missing from these. I got the original for Christmas as a teen and i remember this effect well, in these new ones it's just a solid bold red with no fading if you compare the top pic to the bottom.

Real one:

It definitely does look different in those pics I must admit. Next time I visit the parents I’ll have to dig out my old one’s. I got one 97-98 season and then another around Christmas 98 because I got Negri 9 on the first one and refused to wear it any more. Wondering if there is perhaps a difference between seasons due to manufacturers or something because this shirt I’ve just got seems unrealistic to be such a good fake.

Real one:

Really impossible to tell based on a photo. The lighting, angle etc. will change how it looks.

2 pictures, same player, in the same top and the colours look really different:

14687-zoom.jpg

tumblr-ovd4j7-Z2-CX1wnzah8o2-640.jpg

Looks like they’re sold out mate.

I doubt they are. I bet they come on at a higher price now.

Last time the price crept up as the supply went down.

My first one cost £100 and was their second last top I think or close to the end of the batch.

Not received an email since the initial order confirmation.

So, I emailed Cult Kits around midday today and the guy got back to me within the hour. Said a shipping email was sent to me today and to check my junk folder. Couldn't see an email in there either, but I'm not worried about the lack of an email - as I can see a couple of you guys have the top delivered already.

So, I emailed Cult Kits around midday today and the guy got back to me within the hour. Said a shipping email was sent to me today and to check my junk folder. Couldn't see an email in there either, but I'm not worried about the lack of an email - as I can see a couple of you guys have the top delivered already.

I got the shipping email today

I got the shipping email today
Ah that's good. I posted my update in case it was a problem with Cult Kits email system, and others hadn't got it.

Let us know when you receive yours? I should be expecting mine around the same time then.

Ah that's good. I posted my update in case it was a problem with Cult Kits email system, and others hadn't got it.

Let us know when you receive yours? I should be expecting mine around the same time then.

I bought a scarf from Cult Kits two weeks ago and I got the shipping email after it had already been delivered.

Edit: ignore me.

Last edited:
Don't suppose you'd know if the match issue shirts had the size label at the bottom, do you? I was looking at the 99-01 shirt online, which is being sold as match issue and it doesn't have the front label on it. It still has the Nike tags attached but the lack of a size label has thrown me a bit.

No idea.

Based on the few photos with players tops hanging out shorts I would say no label for players issue.

No idea.

Based on the few photos with players tops hanging out shorts I would say no label for players issue.

I'd just a moment ago found out that they didn't, you beat me to it.

I got dispatch email today...top was delivered yesterday

I’ve got a player issue top from that period and can confirm it doesn’t have a label.

Got mine today. Packaging wasn’t as authentic looking as I thought.....

I’m genuinely not sure. Can’t believe someone would go to lengths to create this batch of fakes but at the same time the top doesn’t look 22yrs old.....

Got mine today. Packaging wasn’t as authentic looking as I thought.....

I’m genuinely not sure. Can’t believe someone would go to lengths to create this batch of fakes but at the same time the top doesn’t look 22yrs old.....

If it's from Cult Kits, it'll be genuine; Cult Kits have been going for years and aren't some dodgy site but have will have contacts with various stores and suppliers that allows them to pick up stuff like this in the same manner that Classic Football Shirts do. They're deadstock, so they've likely been sitting in bags in a box for the last 20 years, so in essence are brand new. Like Coza said above, they're probably seconds or factory rejects for one reason or another, hence why they've never been sold.

Mine just arrived, it's huge for a medium!!

Absolutely cast iron legit, imho.

All being well, I'll run my first ever marathon in it next May.

Delighted

Mine just arrived, it's huge for a medium!!

Absolutely cast iron legit, imho.

All being well, I'll run my first ever marathon in it next May.

Delighted
What size do you normally buy mate? I’ve ordered one but always a large in everything (apart from this seasons top which was too short in a large. I’m 6ft5, had to get XL and deal with it being less tight fitted)

Back