Cult Kits - Another Nike 98-00 deadstock find!!!

What size do you normally buy mate? I’ve ordered one but always a large in everything (apart from this seasons top which was too short in a large. I’m 6ft5, had to get XL and deal with it being less tight fitted)

small or medium mate, so this is a bit big on me, but it's for running and euro trips so doesn't really matter.

It'll probaly be a snug fit for you and a little short but get awayable with

keep in mind kits in the 90s were really baggy.

true, it's not long just very baggy, especially around the sleeves.

The detail from sticky labels to tabs to stiches to colour coded (sky blue) bar codes, to feel says 100% legit.

Really delighted, I have to say, amazing that it is cheaper than this years kit!

Bought two and they arrived yesterday. If they're fake, they are the single most detailed fakes ever created, down to the old style Nike logos on labels/tags and even the polythene bag they came in. Dri-fit logo on sleeve is the same and not like the one on their stock photo, it's good enough for me.

Anyone with a measuring tape able to tell me how wide they are across the chest? Got an option to buy one but it's for my brother and he's a fairly big unit.

My wife got me one but I am 100% that it won’t fit as my L current top is tight in certain parts.
I may try and get a project going, work my way around that team getting it signed.

Got 1 of the in a medium and it droons me, will only be worn for kicking about the house, they were always really baggy though so expected this.

As for the real / fake chat, I never buy fake clothes, but it has to be a near perfect copy down to the old Nike tags and labels.

Anyone else still not received theirs? I emailed cult kits and they sent me the tracking information but it’s still not arrived after being posted on Saturday 23rd?

Picked mine up from the post office. It’s a cracker. Really happy with it although I forgot how long and baggy the arms were on the older kits compared to now.

Need to work on the guns now.

Got mine today. Got to say I'm not impressed.
Stitching on badge and dri-fit looks cheap.
Packaging does look legit/dated.
50/50 on decision for me.

Did anyone wait ages for their top like me?

I just got mine at the start of last week and with the site pulling the listing of the top I started to worry I wasn’t getting my second one for fives. :))

Wore it last night and have to say it looked fucking resplendent haha. Also was wearing it with a big north face jacket and it’s already got a tiny catch right on the top near where jacket zip is, that to me was the final confirmation it’s legit. We got hundreds of the tops back into the shop with people complaining that it was getting catches far too easily.

Had a nosey on their site yesterday for my brothers Xmas and looks like they didn’t run out. They just bumped the price! Clearly stock going low again. @Crown_Defender FYI mate, collared polo shirt for the golf course :D

Got mine today. Got to say I'm not impressed.
Stitching on badge and dri-fit looks cheap.
Packaging does look legit/dated.
50/50 on decision for me.

I’m more and more thinking it’s Nike stock that was from a factory that had too many returns so had to ditch batches.

The stitching was shoddy on even the good tops generally.

There’s absolutely no chance these are real lads. Don’t get me wrong, they are obviously very good fakes, but still fakes. It’s just too far fetched to believe these have been lying somewhere boxed up for all that time.
There was a sports shop in Argentina I'm sure where they found alsorts of rare adidas trainers that the company didn't even have some of the soles etc were rotting they were sitting so long all from brand new so its defo possible for there to be treasures of deadstock about not sure if this is one tho

I think the mrs has nabbed this for Christmas for me.

Now to shift 2st to fit in to a medium again!

There was a sports shop in Argentina I'm sure where they found alsorts of rare adidas trainers that the company didn't even have some of the soles etc were rotting they were sitting so long all from brand new so its defo possible for there to be treasures of deadstock about not sure if this is one tho

Yes, I’ve read the story. In fact, I think there was a link to the story posted in this thread.

I got mine a couple of weeks back and I think it looks absolutely fantastic. Was gutted when I accidentally gave me original one away a few years back so glad to get this one. Can't see anything to suggest it's a fake and can't see any issues with it at all.

If it is a fake is a bloody good one and is probably better quality than some of the kits we've had over the years.

My favourite ever home top. Got a XL from the season it was released. I remember my cousin going mad that I had it. When I stayed at her mum’s for a few months the wee fucker would try and nab it out the basket before I was given my pule of stuff to put away. Sneaky wee cow :D
Favourite cousin= wee fucker and wee cow. What do you call your not favourite family:eek:
;)

I got mine a couple of weeks back and I think it looks absolutely fantastic. Was gutted when I accidentally gave me original one away a few years back so glad to get this one. Can't see anything to suggest it's a fake and can't see any issues with it at all.

If it is a fake is a bloody good one and is probably better quality than some of the kits we've had over the years.

I’m genuinely stunned people think its fake. Both of mine are belters. One for fives and one for the wardrobe to basically go into cold storage alongside my purple laudrup 11 I cant being myself to wear :))

I paid £100 for the first one and was happy to do so for brand new 20 year old top in my size.

Last edited:
I love mine.

I have absolutely no doubt it is real, the quality is first class.

I run 10k's in it and it is perfect, really looks superb.

Got one for myself and my brother, if they’re fakes they’re unbelievable fakes.

I bought it more for the sentimental reason that it was my first ever Rangers top, and out of the old tops it’s my younger brothers favourite.

He’s not had the thing off since he got it!

Still have one of these in the wardrobe and in mint condition. Get’s an occasional night out at the 5’s though never in goals incase it gets ripped!

One of my favourite tops from back in the day. Brings back memories of big Colin Hendry and Albertz swanning around in them, and Amoruso !

Did anyone wait ages for their top like me?

I just got mine at the start of last week and with the site pulling the listing of the top I started to worry I wasn’t getting my second one for fives. :))

Wore it last night and have to say it looked fucking resplendent haha. Also was wearing it with a big north face jacket and it’s already got a tiny catch right on the top near where jacket zip is, that to me was the final confirmation it’s legit. We got hundreds of the tops back into the shop with people complaining that it was getting catches far too easily.

Had a nosey on their site yesterday for my brothers Xmas and looks like they didn’t run out. They just bumped the price! Clearly stock going low again. @Crown_Defender FYI mate, collared polo shirt for the golf course :D

Thanks mate.

What was the script with sizing again? Inky medium left. If it's a big fit I might get away with it.

Thanks mate.

What was the script with sizing again? Inky medium left. If it's a big fit I might get away with it.

What size do you normally wear?

I wear medium in the current top and it’s well fitted in me (shows the lack of guns off) :))

This medium is a lot baggier. The tops in the 90/00s were very baggy made.

I shared completely similar thoughts to you until my one arrived. :))

Knew instantly it was legit.

I do wonder if they sit on these deliberately and then release for Xmas etc.

Again all I can say is that working for rangers retail at the time which was huge with what 4/5 shops or so in Glasgow alone we got piles of these boxes into the sauchiehall street shop daily and we also probably had record returns too (the top got catches a lot). They clearly made/sold a shit load of this top.
Coza from what dates did you work in the Sauchiehall Street shop? Just trying to work out if I know you...

Back