Cult Kits - Another Nike 98-00 deadstock find!!!

There’s absolutely no chance these are real lads. Don’t get me wrong, they are obviously very good fakes, but still fakes. It’s just too far fetched to believe these have been lying somewhere boxed up for all that time.

Paying 50 to 100 quid for something Rangers related that has no benefit to the club, and a rank rotten markup that encourage fans to pay it.

No harm to anyone buying, but these guys are just Mehmet form Turkish market all over the back. Fuckin retro Mehmet if you will.

Give it a fancy name all you want, but it's hipster getting your baws toed while you get your beard trimmed nonsense from the sellers.

There’s absolutely no chance these are real lads. Don’t get me wrong, they are obviously very good fakes, but still fakes. It’s just too far fetched to believe these have been lying somewhere boxed up for all that time.

I've asked sellers on Twitter, etc. where these were unearthed. It'd make a good news story being such an extraordinary find.

No reply.

These tops are not originals. They simply look different, the colours are just off . I still have the original. They are good but the back story to generate a higher fee is a scam

If they are fakes, you can just return them. Going by posters that have bought previously they will hopefully be real.

That’s the thing though, it’s difficult to tell these days. If people are desperate to believe they are real. then they will convince themselves they are. Everything points to them being fake.

These tops are not originals. They simply look different, the colours are just off . I still have the original. They are good but the back story to generate a higher fee is a scam

Genuine question. Do you think the two photos I posted are a fake version of the top? Not the stock photos of their sale but my photos from my bedroom.

Genuine question. Do you think the two photos I posted are a fake version of the top? Not the stock photos of their sale but my photos from my bedroom.

Being brutally honest the red line on your one is definitely not the exact same as the original. The darker outline was quite thick and prominent which is lacking from your one. I used to stare at that line for ages i know it well!

I've been up and down the board trying to figure out which photos you are referring to. However, I believe the colours of the fakes are off . Both the red stripe and the lighter blue are too vivid.

Being brutally honest the red line on your one is definitely not the exact same as the original. The darker outline was quite thick and prominent which is lacking from your one. I used to stare at that line for ages i know it well!

I actually agree but also disagree. My memory from dealing with the tops in the shop were that the darker edge/shadow like effect in the red was very varied amongst the tops. Probably because apparently Nike outsourced production to different local Scottish manufacturers and that was why so many tops were coming back as returns with tagging issues.

I also remember each size had its own idiosyncrasies from the other ones. Like the XXL ones had hundreds with the bottom left size logo very obviously squint.

I've been up and down the board trying to figure out which photos you are referring to. However, I believe the colours of the fakes are off . Both the red stripe and the lighter blue are too vivid.

Last post on page 1. Two pics uploaded of what I received from cult first time around. Certainly smelled like something stuck in a box for years upon years.

Last post on page 1. Two pics uploaded of what I received from cult first time around. Certainly smelled like something stuck in a box for years upon years.
tenor.gif

Medium Nike top of that era is a large these days ya bunch of fat bassas :))

FYI I’m a medium in the current top too. All my girth is in my cock.

Only cause you’re squeezing it to tightly. Maybe you’ll meet a nice girl one day who’ll show you how to play with it correctly.

Does it not stand to reason that the colours would be more vivid in a top that's been in a box, unworn, when compared to your original top that's presumably been worn a fair bit?

I worked in Greaves for about three years. Our stock system was brilliant and Sandy would bin nothing. Even now I’ll bet the stockroom is the same. We had boxes of 1978 running spikes because someone somewhere might swear by that spike. I recall finding (rare for how well run greaves was) a box of the Inter Milan crusaders top and buying three of them. This was about 4 years post them coming out. Essentially it is entirely possible that deadstock is found at a retailer let alone a wholesaler, marketing firm, testing firm or promotional outlet.

So why over 20 years after the tops were released, are they only available in medium?

Surely the majority of us who'd want this shirt have got bigger.

So why over 20 years after the tops were released, are they only available in medium?

Surely the majority of us who'd want this shirt have got bigger.

Makes is more exclusive, and makes those that aren’t a medium feel like they have missed out....until the next batch turn up.

Cheers OP, purchased.

I’ve got an XL of this now for sale if anyone wants it.

Only wore it a few times about the house as it’s too big. Bought it brand new a few years ago with tags still on.

You will need to let us know how you get on at the gym with it. I have my £100 one still tagged in the wardrobe but at that price I’m tempted to buy another one and wear it at fives.

I totally get the concern of others on the thread but based on what I got through the post it was either a frighteningly good fake including packaging or a legit find in a warehouse somewhere down south. I hope everyone in this thread is happy with what they get.

I'm not that bothered if it's a fake, tbh.

It looks real, @Coza seems legit! and I want it to go to the gym and run in it, so it being real dry-fit is my number one issue.

Lastly, it is the Leverkusen top, that was my first away game and a memory for the ages.

Edit to say the only reason I posted the link was it popped up on my twitter and last time someone started a thread on this there were similar discussion over real or fake but also loads of folk gutted to have missed their chance to buy it.

Last edited:
You will need to let us know how you get on at the gym with it. I have my £100 one still tagged in the wardrobe but at that price I’m tempted to buy another one and wear it at fives.

I totally get the concern of others on the thread but based on what I got through the post it was either a frighteningly good fake including packaging or a legit find in a warehouse somewhere down south. I hope everyone in this thread is happy with what they get.

What factory in China or Turkey goes to the bother of replicating the plastic bags they came in FFS!

If they were fakes they would be available in all sizes, the market isn't that exclusive or large enough to justify the ordering of a niche top in a niche size with a further reproduction of all original tags, labels and packaging in the exact colouring, imho.

People order fake repros to make money, so they would obviously get varied sizes. It also seems that these sites trade on their authenticity, they'd be crazy to compromise that for a few hundred quid.

Annoyed I missed the 10% off tho!

Last edited:
What factory in China or Turkey goes to the bother of replicating the plastic bags they came in FFS!

If they were fakes they would be available in all sizes, the market isn't that exclusive or large enough to justify the ordering of a niche top in a niche size with a further reproduction of all original tags, labels and packaging in the exact colouring, imho.

Annoyed I missed the 10% off tho!

Similar to my thought process but I do get the posters who are suspicious. Anyway the lure for this top at fives was to much and I’ve just bitten too so will be able to compare their first top versus this one.

Similar to my thought process but I do get the posters who are suspicious. Anyway the lure for this top at fives was to much and I’ve just bitten too so will be able to compare their first top versus this one.

You're an expert and a satisfied customer, good enough for me.

Do you have any magic beans for sale?????

Last edited:
Your an expert and a satisfied customer, good enough for me.

Do you have any magic beans for sale?????

My expertise is as niche as the fecking product. Nike Rangers gear 1998-2001.

Then I graduated and got a real job :))

How many beans do you need mate? ;)

Just to explain the colouring in case anyone is wondering. All bar codes on the Nike products then were colour coded by size.

Small - Yellow
Medium - Sky Blue
Large - Red
XL - Green
XXL - white
XXXL - Black

I might have got white and black wrong or mixed up. Obviously didn’t get anywhere near the same number of these tops/shorts in.

The other thing is the colouring pigment on all the labels actually faded really quickly and looked worn/faded in days. The top I had delivered, the label looked exactly as I remembered them including some loss/faded at edges of Colour. All in all it feels way to far to go for something that isn’t a genuine deadstock find but who knows as 200 tops at £50 is £10k so maybe they would go to these lengths.....

34 tbh. I can't remember the last time I bought clothing and the medium wasn't like a second skin though.

Are you a giant height wise?

34 waist and a medium is too small for you ??

I’m a 32/33 waist and 6ft 1 and comfortably get in medium (it is a fitted finish in our Hummel top).

The only person I know who is 34 waist and would wear an XL is my brother and he is 6ft 6!

Are you a giant height wise?

34 waist and a medium is too small for you ??

I’m a 32/33 waist and 6ft 1 and comfortably get in medium (it is a fitted finish in our Hummel top).

The only person I know who is 34 waist and would wear an XL is my brother and he is 6ft 6!

do you go to the gym?:)

Back