Cummings for Ipswich?

Nottm Loyal

Local paper down here The Post is saying that Ipswich are scouting Cummings with a view to making an offer. I don’t think Forest want him back but I’d be gutted if we don’t pick him up.

It would be a shame - I think Cummings would go on to get us a barrel load of goals. He takes his chances also - I know Morelos offers more on the physical side but I reckon Cummings will bury most of his chances. Cummings is one of those players that we've been crying out for. Would be shit if we didn't get him so hopefully we 1. have first option and 2. our board go for it.

Would love him to stay, think he can be a great player for us. I fear the lack of game time he's had so far will put him off signing permanently though.

I've not been overly-impressed with Cummings I have to say, though he's twice surprised me with decent levels of performance when played up top on his own (against Thistle away and last weekend against Hearts). There was a horror-show against Killie in there as well right enough.

However, if the reported 'agreed fee' is just the £600k then it is a deal we should certainly be considering.

I've not been overly-impressed with Cummings I have to say, though he's twice surprised me with decent levels of performance when played up top on his own (against Thistle away and last weekend against Hearts). There was a horror-show against Killie in there as well right enough.

However, if the reported 'agreed fee' is just the £600k then it is a deal we should certainly be considering.

I know he's scored goals in the cup, but Sunday's performance ,when he was up front himself against Berra, Souttar and Hughes, was his best performance for us by a distance for me.

Put in a great shift and linked play well.

Article is utter tosh. Rangers have a fixed price arrangement of £600K and first chance too buy. Ipswich may be sniffing, but would only be if we refuse to take up option on him, which I highly doubt we won't take that option considering his age and potential.

I would hope Rangers sign Cummings up next season,
but with a real lack of game time, Cummings might have his say also where he ends up.
May depend on managerial developments though.

We have a deal in place for him agreed, if we chose to activate it. So if he isn't at Rangers next season it is because we don't want him.

For £5-600k, it is a no brainer for me.
Definitely a no brainer, my only worry would be he’s not getting much game time with us and might want another crack at the championship.

Ours to lose if I understand it right, and we would be fools not to sign him, with a good striking partner (like Moult) we could have a cracking front 2 with one holding it up and him smashing them in

Reactions: TQ3
His best game so far was on Saturday versus Hearts, IMO. I think he has something about him, bit of swagger, knows where the goal is but unsure our current system will bring out the best in him.

I'd like us to sign him though.

The club's can have any agreement in place they want. The player still has to agree to sign a contract with the new club or it just won't happen.

I know he's scored goals in the cup, but Sunday's performance ,when he was up front himself against Berra, Souttar and Hughes, was his best performance for us by a distance for me.

He should have had 3 on Sunday
Missed a sitter and the Windass greed chance

He should have had 3 on Sunday
Missed a sitter and the Windass greed chance

We could've had a right few mate.

You know I've had my reservations about Jason fitting in to how we play, but he blew that out the water when he matched up well against probably the most physical central defence in the league.

I'd have no reservations about starting him on Sunday.

Morelos on the other hand is becoming less and less of a team player and his selfishness in front of goal is a concern for me.

It's all part of the media in this country continuously making it VERY clear that our deals for Cummings and Murphy are LOAN deals. They highlight it at every point, completely glossing over the fact they are our players if we want them.

Totally agree.

I think for some reason a lot of his good stuff goes unnoticed. Simple things like good control, first time lay offs, holding and releasing at the right time.
Another thing that is very annoying is that he is almost always in position, and probably only receives the ball 10-20% of the times he takes up position.
One glaring one was the position he was in when Windass decided to run on and shoot straight into the keeper’s arms.
Cummings was clean through left of centre and screaming for it. The smart player gives him the ball there.
That said he did miss a chance from that position a short while later, but for me he’s always getting into goalscoring positions. He’ll always get goals if he keeps doing that because he is a good composed finisher!

It's all part of the media in this country continuously making it VERY clear that our deals for Cummings and Murphy are LOAN deals. They highlight it at every point, completely glossing over the fact they are our players if we want them.

Yet at the same time they heap praise on Roberts and Musonda, who've been absolute flops for them on loan.

It’s a no brainer. At best he becomes a first team starter that consistently scores goals. At worst he is a good squad/impact player.

He put in a power of work on Sunday.

His lack of game time might mean he doesn't want to sign sadly. Personally i would be building my attacking force around him as he can score we all know that. doesn't work well with Morelos, but i think he will be off anyway.

Ipswich or Rangers. No brainer we are massive Ipswich are tinpot.

Plus id say like mentioned agreement is solid

I’m not saying we should sell him but we could sell our option to buy him first

If Ipswich offer 3 mil theoretically we could pay NF the 600k and pocket the difference.

Let’s say Alfie, Josh, Miller and Herrera all leave in the summer.

Which in truth is very likely.

Not only do we need to keep JC but we need another couple of strikers.

Total no brainier 600k or there about for a young Scottish international who has proved he has the swagger and balls not to shrink when he pulls on the jersey guaranteed he scores 20 plus with a decent run in team next season yes he has things he can get better at but with good coaching and management he will.

Let’s say Alfie, Josh, Miller and Herrera all leave in the summer.

Which in truth is very likely.

Not only do we need to keep JC but we need another couple of strikers.

Can't see Hardie being here either mate.

Back