Cummings for Ipswich?

Missed a sitter.... He's pish

Joking aside, I like him he should have been starting every week beside Morelos up front

Would love him to stay, think he can be a great player for us. I fear the lack of game time he's had so far will put him off signing permanently though.
I hope he hides his time,I think it's clear Alfie is for the off,either way, doesn't seem interested,I like him,but if he's just going to go around sulking then he's just another empty jersey,I think he'd link up great with a Lafferty type up beside him, hasn't been given as many games as I'd have hoped

We will start having to treat him right or he won't sign.
To be fair it's a manager that won't be here that's not playing him. He will probably want a crack at getting in the team under new management.
He's not really impressed so far but he's not had a proper chance yet.

We need to sign this lad ASP he will become a legend for our club no bother, he proved beyond doubt that he can play the role he was given on Sunday.

Calm down. We played a Hearts side that never turned up and already started their summer break.

Even if we aren’t planning on playing him we should sign him and sell on it other clubs are interested. £600k is cheap.

For 600k it’s a no brainer imo.

He’ll score goals for us if he’s given the chance.

He's a natural goal scorer, I'd say he's more clinical than Morelos. I think he could be someone who consistently scores 20+ a season in the SPL.

Really hope he's part of our squad next season.

It would be a shame - I think Cummings would go on to get us a barrel load of goals. He takes his chances also - I know Morelos offers more on the physical side but I reckon Cummings will bury most of his chances. Cummings is one of those players that we've been crying out for. Would be shit if we didn't get him so hopefully we 1. have first option and 2. our board go for it.
It really would be a poor bit of business if this lad is allowed to move elsewhere. Given a good run and a chance in a settled team we have a player who knows how to finish, and he has that gallous streak that's been missing from our starting eleven for some time.

We have the right to buy but it will still depend on the player wanting to seal a permanent deal. If his head is turned by another bid we could end up with a disgruntled player.
Hope he stays and has not been affected by the amount of time he’s spent on the bench.

We already have the guarantee to buy for my son

You tell that boy of yours he's going nowhere.

Bring in a real manager who understands how to play to his strengths will see him turn legend for us.

Also please tell him if he scores Sunday and does the dioufy to the mong or the thumb he can ride my Mrs and I'll do his garden free of charge for a year.

All this assuming you're genuinely his auld da

Sign the lad and get him up front with a Target man he can play off next season

Ok so how do we accommodate a target man and Cummings? I appreciate we had great success with this in the past but the game has changed so much now. We would need to go 4-4-2 and I presume our target man wouldn’t be the most mobile ? It’s a nonsense argument that doesn’t appreciate the modern game. You go 4-4-2 or less then you lose the MF. When you lose the MF you lose the match. Doesn’t matter how good yitr striker is if they aren’t in the game. Cummings is vastly overrated imo anyway

Hope we sign him but wonder if there is a change he could back out due to lack of game time he's had.

He’s desperate to stay according to his Rangers supporting mate who plays fives with us. The only reason the deal doesn’t go through is if we don’t exercise the first option at the agreed price.

We have first refusal on Cumdog. He's going nowhere if we decide to pay Forest £600k for him - even if the likes of Ipswich offer more - he is ours for £600k.

Ok so how do we accommodate a target man and Cummings? I appreciate we had great success with this in the past but the game has changed so much now. We would need to go 4-4-2 and I presume our target man wouldn’t be the most mobile ? It’s a nonsense argument that doesn’t appreciate the modern game. You go 4-4-2 or less then you lose the MF. When you lose the MF you lose the match. Doesn’t matter how good yitr striker is if they aren’t in the game. Cummings is vastly overrated imo anyway
You can play 3 centre mids with two strikers

For £600k it would be a decent piece of business, especially if we lose a few this Summer.

I'll be honest though I wasn't overly excited when we signed him like the masses on here were, and I haven't been hugely impressed with him since he's been here other than the odd decent performance. That said, he's not started many and is playing in a really poor Rangers team with a tactically inept manager so will give him benefit of the doubt.

Either way I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't sign him permanently.

No wingers ? Then teams play 5 in the MF and pen your full backs in. Unless you play the long ball game
Back 4
3 centre mids
A creative player that drifts wide
Width comes from full backs

Smith won 3 title playing that formation 75% of the time

I’ll be genuinely disappointed, bordering on annoyed, if we let this lad slip through our fingers

For £600k it would be a decent piece of business, especially if we lose a few this Summer.

I'll be honest though I wasn't overly excited when we signed him like the masses on here were, and I haven't been hugely impressed with him since he's been here other than the odd decent performance. That said, he's not started many and is playing in a really poor Rangers team with a tactically inept manager so will give him benefit of the doubt.

Either way I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't sign him permanently.

We haven't seen anywhere near his best mate. If we're being honest his hold up play is non existent but that boy can finish. Give him the ball in or around the box and Hel put it away.

I can't help but feel if we had him our first season back in the top flight he'd have been 20 plus goals. Remember the amount of absolurely golden chances McKay would put on a plate for our forwards every week only for Samsung waghorn or stone island and a kebab Garner to completely ruin?

I'd sell Morelos and keep Cummings.
Morelos may go in the summer but imo he’s a far superior football player than Cummings. Cummings may be a good price in the summer but I’d prefer rangers to prioritise re-signing kyle Lafferty. I think he’s been good this season for hearts and has won titles with us previously and would be a good partner for Morelos. If we can have all 3 for next season then great.

Back