Cup final against them - current thoughts?

ElBuffalo20

I know we have a few games before then but allowing myself to look ahead to this game.

What are you current confidence levels?

We will score against them but won't keep clean sheet with current goalkeeping issues.

Sakala and Kent can be the difference I feel.

They'll be favourites but I don't see us losing this.

My thoughts are will VAR be working for this one.

From the top of my head they have had some horrendously wrong big decisions that have went in their favour.

Offside goal V us to win League Cup.

Hibs and Kilmarnock both denied late stonewall penalties for blatant pushes in the box against them.

Even in our win v them in the semi final last year there was some ridiculous offside decisions not given they nearly scored from.

Get raskin settled in quickly and cantwell confident and firing and go for the jugular, no respect given.

We simply must beat these cants to both cups.

The league may not be technically over but I'm done with hoping they drop points in every game as it's throughly disappointing when they don't.

The only teams they may drop points from is us.

I can see fatty trying to outsmart Beale with some weird tactic or selection, that failing, us winning, and Beale saying how “lucky” we are to have the cup back where it belongs :cool:

Tynecastle and the 2 new additions have given me confidence, although results have been almost perfect since Beale took over, the performances haven’t been great.

If we play to the max and perform on the day, then we win the cup, simples.

It’s all dependent on which Rangers team turns up on the day. The rattlers are predictable and don’t change their set up. With the addition of Raskin and Cantwell I’m confident we can win this game if our defence plays well.

Our defense /keeper dont have to much to do most weeks but when they do, don't look to comfortable and always suspect to conceding, so undoubtably they will have much more to do at Hampden. It's hard not to see them scoring so we may need at least 2 and probably 3 to win the game.

Feel we're overdue a win against them but feel they're due a win against us at Hampden

To summarise, not a f*cking notion
We beat them over extra time in the semi final last season but prior to that have they not won 4 on the bounce against us at Hampden? One under Gerrard somehow, one under Pedro, one under Murty, one under Warburton.

I am a wee bit uncomfortable with how confident I’m feeling. I genuinely believe we are a superior team when we have everyone fit and on their game. We will be up for it.

Rangers 3-1 filth.

I know we have a few games before then but allowing myself to look ahead to this game.

What are you current confidence levels?

We will score against them but won't keep clean sheet with current goalkeeping issues.

Sakala and Kent can be the difference I feel.

They'll be favourites but I don't see us losing this.
It is imperative we keep 11 players on the park to win this game. We should have beaten them at Ibrox so the players will know they can beat them so hopefully they'll take confidence from that.

We beat them over extra time in the semi final last season but prior to that have they not won 4 on the bounce against us at Hampden? One under Gerrard somehow, one under Pedro, one under Murty, one under Warburton.

Prior to beating them last season under GvB the last time we beat them at Hampden was under Warburton when we were in the Championship.

We subsequently lost the final to Championship Hibs.

That started a run of 6 defeats on the bounce at Hampden.

Prior to beating Celtic in the semi last year we only had 2 wins out our previous 10 appearances at Hampden.

Annoyed I don't have a ticket.

Today i feel like we win but that will change back and forth before we get to the game.

I still think they are a bit better than us purely down to taking thier chances in front of goal,if we can start scoring regularly then there’s not much between us.

We're a different prospect now and they are rarely challenged.

I can see us ruffling a few feathers and getting a decent victory.

As with most games now a days - quietly confident but also worried that a brain fart, poor goalkeeping or a host of missed chances will cost us.

Not worried about McGregor, he's playing well atm. If we start the way we did at Ibrox then we're in trouble but if we play the way we did from 25 mins onwards then we have a good chance. Hearts is the best we've played under Beale and even when we're not at our best we're finding a way to win, i'm feeling confident.

I don't think the players have the belief yet that they can beat them or compete with them over a season. It takes time to develop and re-build that mentality and superiority. I still think we are too loose and cheap at the back. We lack a ruthlessness from set-pieces both attacking and defending them. I think the game will be tight and it will come down to that belief. They know they will score goals but just now we haven't found any consistency in that edge to kill teams off with the chances we create. There is still that look of trying to score the perfect goal which leads to overplaying it in and around the edge of the box when all thats required is someone to take that belief and responsibility and have a go at goal in dangerous areas. Defensively although we've tightened up and have found consistency of selection we are still looking vulnerable and under threat when any team attack us directly.

A lot of our players should see this final as an opportunity to correct a few limp performances from previous games this season but I don't have that confidence in them yet. Maybe the hunger and influence of Raskin and Cantwell can light a fire for them on the day though.

Will depend on whether Tillman can impose himself on the game and not drift away. It’s a mind-set issue. If Beale can convince these players of victory it will be an even contest. If our lads are up for it and cut out silly mistakes we have a decent chance.

We need to cut out the individual errors, we gifted them two goal the last time we played and can’t afford to keep doing it

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had a top notch keeper in net.
I'm always on the edge of my seat at every corner, especially near the end of a game!

Having said that, I still think we will be hungrier for these games against them and will put them to the sword. The team really seems to be buying in to MB's philosophy,
and appear to be jelling well with more games behind them.

We could be peaking at just the right time for the Cup games.
The League is probably not attainable, unless they choke! (fingers crossed) ;-)

I can see fatty trying to outsmart Beale with some weird tactic or selection, that failing, us winning, and Beale saying how “lucky” we are to have the cup back where it belongs :cool:
He doesn't play the game with any weird tactic or surprising team selection. They will approach the same way they approach every other. Throw numbers forward chaotically and work of the mistakes created from pressure and overloads. Its a very unorthodox/unroganised style but generally the more visits you have in the opposition box with superiority in numbers the more opportunities and goals scored.

Back