Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people in with a chance of a ticket are season ticket holders who've been (or at least paid for the ticket) to every competitive home game at Ibrox. People who've made a big financial commitment to the club. It's not like they are part time supporters. But it's that time of year again, the toys are about to come out the pram.

I don’t dispute that. But my point is a proper loyalty scheme should be in place which takes account of following Rangers whether it be home away or abroad ..

So how do you get on the top of this pile? Surely if it's a loyalty scheme then they're on first dibs for every single game? I fail to see how that is in any way reasonable.

Similar to the travel club.

After say 3 years, a year is wiped from the history and so on ...

You pay a yearly fee to be part of it.

You get a point for applying for a game whether successful or not.

Some people seem to think that Rangers games should be a closed shop for them and their pals. You know the score at the start of the season when you sign up.
So how do you get on the top of this pile? Surely if it's a loyalty scheme then they're on first dibs for every single game? I fail to see how that is in any way reasonable.
The argument for giving all the tickets to the same group of people all the time would damage the support in the long run. As younger fans that we need to become regulars in the future could never get a ticket.

The fact that guys in both RSCs and on the CCCS getting 2 bites at the cherry is ballocks and has always been ballocks the same with people who have just joined the CCCS this season getting the same chance as someone who’s been on it for years.

Same moans every time this comes around !

What about guys who have signed up to the CCCS with their children or partners? Don't act like they haven't got 2/3/4 bites of the cherry. There is no 100% fair way to do it sadly.

I don’t dispute that. But my point is a proper loyalty scheme should be in place which takes account of following Rangers whether it be home away or abroad ..
Maybe there should but people would still find a way to say their claim to a ticket is stronger. For example, if I go to Livi away but pick up a spare outside the ground, how does that count towards my loyalty points or does it go towards the boy who sold me it? There is no way the club can even track that.

What rips my knitting is someone who doesn’t have a season ticket, isn’t on ccs but a member of a rsc has a chance of a ticket

for me that’s totally wrong
Even if they go to all the games? If they're taking tickets off their RSC for every home game they'll be paying more in over a season than a season ticket holder. All RSC's run a points system so anyone that gets a ticket that way will have been to the vast majority of the games 1 way or the other.I fail to see how that's unfair.

So folk that cant' travel abroad because of other commitments...i.e. life, shouldn't get to see their team in a cup final because others can? Gies pieace.

Btw, I genuinely hope I don't get one. My record at Hampden is atrocious and I'm convinced I'm a fcuking jinx. I'm happy to watch this one in the pub :D

The only people in with a chance of a ticket are season ticket holders who've been (or at least paid for the ticket) to every competitive home game at Ibrox. People who've made a big financial commitment to the club. It's not like they are part time supporters. But it's that time of year again, the toys are about to come out the pram.
This is exactly what I’m saying as me and my son for years line many others have signed up to all the schemes and made the financial commitment line you have said and have always been fortunate to get tickets so hoping fir the same this time but you just never know will have to wait and see like everyone else for the Ballot

So when is the date for the ballot ? Anyone know ? Gave up reading through a debate of what’s fair

Btw, I genuinely hope I don't get one. My record at Hampden is atrocious and I'm convinced I'm a fcuking jinx. I'm happy to watch this one in the pub :D
PM if you want to get rid of ot mate.I'll put it into my buses quota.QUOTE="AyrshireBear72, post: 4675359, member: 8604"]
The mentally challengeds is done on a loyalty scheme i think
[/QUOTE]
How does theirs work?Do you have to apply for each match individually?Or just say you want to go to them all at start of the season? Which is pretty much what we do the now anyway.

“We’re all bears”. Yes we are but some go to more games than others therefore they deserve to have tickets for bigger games ahead of those that pick and choose games. The luck of the draw argument is ridiculous in all honesty. Loyalty should be rewarded

As I said above, a loyalty type system similar to the travel club should have been put in place.
But where do yo draw the line, for example I’ve been fortunate enough to follow rangers for close on 40 yr home away and in Europe, does that make me more loyal or deserving than someone who’s done the same for 20 yr
Don’t think so.
It’s a ballot ,if your lucky ,great .

I know guys from Northern Ireland that are ST holders, go to every weekend home game. Are on the away ticket scheme and go when they can but don't tick for the euro games because it means taking 2 days off work to come over for them.
Why should you get priority over them?

So folk that cant' travel abroad because of other commitments...i.e. life, shouldn't get to see their team in a cup final because others can? Gies pieace.

Abroad would only count towards points. Equally I’ll turn that round on you

Folk that go everywhere including abroad could possibly miss out on a cup final ticket over someone that picks and chooses their games?

Gies peace

PM if you want to get rid of ot mate.I'll put it into my buses quota.QUOTE="AyrshireBear72, post: 4675359, member: 8604"]
The mentally challengeds is done on a loyalty scheme i think
How does theirs work?Do you have to apply for each match individually?Or just say you want to go to them all at start of the season? Which is pretty much what we do the now anyway.
[/QUOTE]
Game by game i think mate i’d be lying if a said i knew for certain though

All I want is a bit of transparency from the start of the season. No one has a clue what the system is or will be. I gave up my season ticket for a year and got it back in 2017. I missed out on a semi ticket v the tims the 2st year back as i they based it on who took home cup games the year before. Agree with how this was dine 100% but would have been good to know this was going to be the criteria after I had paid for several cup games.

I know guys from Northern Ireland that are ST holders, go to every weekend home game. Are on the away ticket scheme and go when they can but don't tick for the euro games because it means taking 2 days off work to come over for them.
Why should you get priority over them?

Well if I go to every game home, away and abroad then I’d say I deserve a ticket more than someone that doesn’t go to all games, regardless of where they stay or what their work patterns are.

It’s that simple.

It’s not arrogance either, it’s just believing loyalty should be rewarded. Those that go every week should have tickets over those that don’t.

My point is that folk that go every week should be top of the ballot pile.
I'm not sure how the club could know who goes every week because a lot of tickets are passed on or picked up on buses etc. The fact is that there just isn't enough tickets for all of us. Someone is always going to miss out. I think the filth have a loyalty scheme, bit I'm not quite sure how they work it.

Abroad would only count towards points. Equally I’ll turn that round on you

Folk that go everywhere including abroad could possibly miss out on a cup final ticket over someone that picks and chooses their games?

Gies peace

That's life. it certainly doesn't make you a more deserving supporter. It probably makes you a person with no commitments. I can't swan off for a European away game, why should I be penalised because I have more than just myself to consider?

Yes each allocation is that way from previous games it has been around 80% for CCCS in semifinals or finals

Some reason I had 60% in my head. Good to hear.

80% = 16800 from 26000 successful. Brutal.

* Assumption 21000 is entire allocation not CCCS allocation

[/QUOTE]
So would still be open to people just saying they want tickets for everything so they've a better chance of getting bigger games. That's exactly what would happen. People would sell on to mates or through an RSC tickets they don't want much like now.

Some reason I had 60% in my head. Good to hear.

80% = 16800 from 26000 successful. Brutal.

It might be slight higher but the impact is there to be seen due to high numbers

I think the semi-final was 90% based on the initial allocation and amount given to CCCS 22k

Away games are different hence maybe 60% came into your head - minimum 50%

“We’re all bears”. Yes we are but some go to more games than others therefore they deserve to have tickets for bigger games ahead of those that pick and choose games. The luck of the draw argument is ridiculous in all honesty. Loyalty should be rewarded

As I said above, a loyalty type system similar to the travel club should have been put in place.
Why does someone who can afford to go every game deserve a ticket more than someone who cant?

Not everyones situation is the same and it’s a very selfish way of looking at it mate.

That's life. it certainly doesn't make you a more deserving supporter. It probably makes you a person with no commitments. I can't swan off for a European away game, why should I be penalised because I have more than just myself to consider?

Sorry but well have to disagree on that

If someone follows the team everywhere, they deserve tickets for the bigger games over someone that doesn’t follow everywhere

If you’re unable to make certain games then regardless of the reasons why, you don’t deserve tickets over folk that do make every game

Why does someone who can afford to go every game deserve a ticket more than someone who cant?

Not everyones situation is the same and it’s a very selfish way of looking at it mate.

Sorry but I don’t buy that reasoning

By your logic, someone that can only make 1/2 games a season deserves a cup final ticket over someone that attends every game?

Utter nonsense

If someone follows the team everywhere, they deserve tickets for the bigger games over someone that doesn’t follow everywhere

If you’re unable to make certain games then regardless of the reasons why, you don’t deserve tickets over folk that do make every game

Thing is with that statement you are going to have an argument for whatever camp you are in.

For me who is a ST holder and on CCCS and manage about 4 away games a season with the euro package I can see both arguments.

If you can afford (financially and/or time) to go to all the games I don't think that should put you down the pecking order to a ST holder.

What I would say is if you go to every game you'll have a loyal set of mates / rangers acquaintances that will most likely sort you with a ticket anyway

Sorry but I don’t buy that reasoning

By your logic, someone that can only make 1/2 games a season deserves a cup final ticket over someone that attends every game?

Utter nonsense
There is no entitlement to anyone though is there? As i said not everybody’s situation is the same.

I'm sorry but you're coming across very spoiled . Your logic hold absolutely no weight. Why would going to European away games entitle you to preference for a ticket for a domestic cup game, it's a different competition?

PS, you're entitled to nothing. There are two certainties in life, death and taxes. Getting tickets for a cup final because you're a self-proclaimed uber fan is not a right, guarantee or entitlement.

Well if I go to every game home, away and abroad then I’d say I deserve a ticket more than someone that doesn’t go to all games, regardless of where they stay or what their work patterns are.

It’s that simple.

It’s not arrogance either, it’s just believing loyalty should be rewarded. Those that go every week should have tickets over those that don’t.

All you’d have is even more folk signing up to away games and selling any ticket they get. There’s no proof that because someone is taking tickets they’re actually going to every game. Flawed idea.

All season ticket holders on CCCS are in a ballot for the final. That’s the simplest and best way. Any time some miss out on a semi or whatever due to allocation, they then get priority for the next game.

There’s no need to take it any further. Having this discussion every time we play at Hampden is somewhat tedious.

I'm sorry but you're coming across very spoiled . Your logic hold absolutely no weight. Why would going to European away games entitle you to preference for a ticket for a domestic cup game, it's a different competition?

PS, you're entitled to nothing. There are two certainties in life, death and taxes. Getting tickets for a cup final because you're a self-proclaimed uber fan is not a right, guarantee or entitlement.

I back Laudrups right foot on this one

I travelled to Porto (4 flights) utterly fucked with a virus and ended up with bad diarrhea the afternoon before the game, 4 imodiums and 5 hours later I was diving about crazy with the other 2500 bears in the Dragoa as Morelos scored!

Travelling abroad to see the Gers does count in terms of “showing commitment”

[/QUOTE]
I think the folk that go to away games and home games get a window to buy, then once that’s passed its like a first come first serve for ST holders that have been to all the cup games at home.then ST sale. Any left goes to public sale I think.

I have the joys of driving past their pit on the way to work and there’s always a massive queue at the ticket hut when the matches have gone on sale

I back Laudrups right foot on this one

I travelled to Porto (4 flights) utterly fucked with a virus and ended up with bad diarrhea the afternoon before the game, 4 imodiums and 5 hours later I was diving about crazy with the other 2500 bears in the Dragoa as Morelos scored!

Travelling abroad to see the Gers does count in terms of “showing commitment”

Wow, collect 10 staunch points.

It might show commitment if we get to a European final but don't see how it has any bearing on a domestic competition. Also, if you're in the travel club but don't get offered a ticket, what then?

Wow, collect 10 staunch points.

It might show commitment if we get to a European final but don't see how it has any bearing on a domestic competition. Also, if you're in the travel club but don't get offered a ticket, what then?

I agree mainly but I do think regardless of where we are playing in Europe or whatever competition, there’s a strong case to say your attendance and determination to at least try to attend should carry weight in terms of “who deserves a ticket”

At the moment the only loyalty Rangers require is the CCCS scheme.

Based on this you can see that 16800 of 26000 enrolled get a ticket if the 80% of 21000 is correct. 35% miss out.

Rangers are supposedly looking at changing that system. You can imagine your monetary spend not just in the case of being on CCCS but in other aspects of the club will begin to be taken into account to separate several thousand ‘hardcore’ from the pack if thats where the club are happy to go.

I saw southampton on TV at the weekend and their priority scheme, think it was £150 on top of a season ticket.

Once change comes, if it comes, folk that feel they deserve it more have an opportunity to prove it. But it will mean extra money you have to spend, somehow. Others that have signed up for CCCS may stop doing so as they dont do the ‘extras’. It will become an awkward trade off for the club and it is likely why away tickets and euro tickets is never a consideration. They lose money off the CCCS roll by giving folk a badge of honour for away games. A badge that makes them no money.

Until then, get your ticket however you can and good luck making it to the final.

If that's the case then it's fair but why don't they make these things transparent?

Not everyone goes to AGM and although I'm on here all the time this is the first I've heard that.

That's a fair point brother. I am going to the AGM this year again so I will bring it up. Won't bring up away tickets again as that would be 3 years in a row lol

My works a Sponsor of both Rangers and Some
Form at Hampden need to keep my ear to the ground for any spare tickets going. I know a few of the Tims have took advantage of corporate hospitality

A loyalty scheme should be in place which covers all Rangers games regardless of where the venue is

It’s not being spoiled, it’s simply wanting fairness as the current luck of the draw is not a fair way

I am sure most people that go to every home game would love to attend every match but they are stuck with what the away scheme allocates them. Not everyone has mates in supporters clubs that can get them tickets every week, which brings me to my next question.
People on here claiming they go to every match and should be lavished with loyalty points, could you explain how exactly that would work? Officially you will get the same allocation as everyone else on away scheme, 3/4 games a season or whatever. So if your going to every single away game, your not getting your tickets allocated to yourself as your getting them from supporters clubs who distribute them how they see fit, so where do your "loyalty" points come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back