Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated online previously as I changed from debit cards but I’ve lost this card today and I’m 18 so don’t have any other cards to use so until my replacement card comes I’m stuck

Was wondering if there was any alternative like cash in person or Paypal or something

In an extremely bad mood not only from losing my wallet with season ticket and card in it but the thought of missing out on the final because of it

@Greg Marshall any ideas ?

Thanks mate - looking forward to being allocated your ticket after your non payment :)

No issue to me mate out of the 9 - 5 travel to all home games from Aberdeenshire. I know 2 guys who have tickets for the final who have attended 4 games this season but are in the CCCS scheme. That’s just wrong.

But it's not really wrong, is it? They paid their money, met the criteria as advertised and have been lucky in an open ballot. Thems the breaks.

If you won the lottery jackpot with your first ticket purchase you would expect to receive the winnings irrespective of others claiming that you should not be eligible as they had bought twice as many tickets or had a longer purchase history.

As has been stated, the problem is that the venue is not large enough for all of those who would like to attend. I missed out on the Warburton semi-final but didn't feel the need to castigate fellow supporters as being somehow less worthy of attending. I went to the Wee Rangers Club and watched the game with other bluenoses who had missed out and I was every bit as happy with the victory as I would have been had I received a ticket.

Last edited:
But it's not really wrong, is it? They paid their money, met the criteria as advertised and have been lucky in an open ballot. Thems the breaks.

If you won the lottery jackpot with your first ticket purchase you would expect to receive the winnings irespective of others claiming that you should not be elligible as they had bought twice as many tickets or had a longer purchase history.

As has been stated, the problem is that the venue is not large enough for all of those who would like to attend. I missed out on the Warburton semi-final but didn't feel the need to castigate fellow supporters as being somehow less worthy of attending. I went to the Wee Rangers Club and watched the game with other bluenoses who had missed out and I was every bit as happy with the victory as I would have been had I received a ticket.
I get that my point is there should be a more sophisticated system for ticket allocation by the club. Personally I’d bulldozer Hampden and use Murrayfield. At least it’s a decent size.

I get that my point is there should be a more sophisticated system for ticket allocation by the club. Personally I’d bulldozer Hampden and use Murrayfield. At least it’s a decent size.

The club uses guaranteed income from home cccs as its system.

If you wish to change the system the only way it changes is by fans being asked to stump up a loyalty / premier / priority payment on top of the season ticket.

There is no other way that will make the club money or maintain parity on currently guaranteed income.

If you wish to change the system the only way it changes is by fans being asked to stump up a loyalty / premier / priority payment on top of the season ticket.

There is no other way that will make the club money or maintain parity on currently guaranteed income.
A good system would show how long someone was In CCCS and award tickets on that basis? I’m told our system is pretty basic and I guess a big IT spend isn’t a priority.

They could start by looking at who’s been on cccs for the longest (could start from 2015/16 to ensure fairness as fans boycotted the season before based on Kings instructions)

A joining fee could also be applied too - if the price was high enough it would put people off signing up family members/friends/work colleagues with the idea of them passing their tickets on.

The truth is, all cccs schemes are overpopulated and its only going to get worse

Me and my 2 boys missed out on a ticket. I phoned the ticket office and was told we met the criteria but there just isn’t enough tickets for everyone. Seemingly 6k met the criteria but missed out. Hoping to get tickets through RSC

Some absolute greeting faced arseholes on this thread, the current system is absolutely fine as it is, deal with the fact that ther is no such thing as an uber fan, we have thousands upon thousands who would love to attend every match but we simply cant due to the amount of tickets we get allocated. Take what you get and be grateful that we are back having a proper football team on the park to support!

Some absolute greeting faced arseholes on this thread, the current system is absolutely fine as it is, deal with the fact that ther is no such thing as an uber fan, we have thousands upon thousands who would love to attend every match but we simply cant due to the amount of tickets we get allocated. Take what you get and be grateful that we are back having a proper football team on the park to support!
Absolutely and the games on tv . Watch it in a warm pub -; you’ll get a better view than I will in the west stand ...

Not proposing this;

The sheep have a loyalty program that runs on 3 year cycles.

40 points for a season ticket. 40 if you’re in their equivalent of the trust.

Euro Away games = 4 points
Semi/Final = 3 points
Away Games = 2 points
Home Games = 1/2 points

(rough scenario, might be slightly different)

In year 3, your points fall off as the calendar moves.

Not perfect, but does allow those younger lads to build up their points as they go. Incentives for club investment as well as attendance.

Of course, the demand is far, far less. I’d imagine rarely sold out. You’d probably still need a ballot from top pointers.

Loyalty point system would be abused and effectivley become a closed shop. Chelsea have one and they dont have a fanbase the size of ours yet loads of there fans moan about folk buying tickets and selling them on just to build up points, even on FF you used to see Chelsea tickets on sale on a Monday morning from posters who had memberships who bought tickets for points and were selling them on.

System is fine the way it is.

Loyalty point system would be abused and effectivley become a closed shop. Chelsea have one and they dont have a fanbase the size of ours yet loads of there fans moan about folk buying tickets and selling them on just to build up points, even on FF you used to see Chelsea tickets on sale on a Monday morning from posters who had memberships who bought tickets for points and were selling them on.

System is fine the way it is.

similar to how the Travel club points system is played as well. folk buying tickets for games they have no intention of going to so they can keep there points total up for when big games come around like Feyenoord.

Not proposing this;

Semi/Final = 3 points
Away Games = 2 points
Home Games = 1/2 points

Not perfect, but does allow those younger lads to build up their points as they go. Incentives for club investment as well as attendance.

Of course, the demand is far, far less. I’d imagine rarely sold out. You’d probably still need a ballot from top pointers.
Basically how our travel club works with the 3 year drop off?

Not proposing this;

Semi/Final = 3 points
Away Games = 2 points
Home Games = 1/2 points

I know you’re not proposing it just my thoughts on it...

Problem with that system in our case is we always sell out our away allocation, so you might aswell discount those points.

Aberdeen fans have the “luxury” of picking and choosing most of the games they attend. It wouldn’t feel right giving loyalty points to fans who got tickets and attended so you’d need to give them to everyone. (As everyone would apply if they ran it that way as you’d be daft not too)

Away games aren’t like Euro aways as there’s far less travelling and cost.

I just can’t think of any system which won’t have its flaws.

For those moaning about the prospect of a loyalty scheme it's worth remembering that under the current scheme - meant to be fair, by the way - that over the course of 10 years one fan might not be allocated any tickets for semis or finals and another fan might be selected for every match going.

Can anyone tell me how this is fair?

For those moaning about the prospect of a loyalty scheme it's worth remembering that under the current scheme - meant to be fair, by the way - that over the course of 10 years one fan might not be allocated any tickets for semis or finals and another fan might be selected for every match going.

That’s a really unlikely extreme scenario though. Do you know anyone this has happened to?

The probability of that happening is very low

That’s a really unlikely extreme scenario though. Do you know anyone this has happened to?

Obviously not since season ticket sales are only now this high.

It's unlikely but not impossible. Strikes me as mental how anyone could in essence support a scheme that might arbitrarily assign one person more tickets than another. If you're going to do that, why not bring loyalty into the fray?

Do you have an example of this? Or have you just plucked an extremely unlikely scenario out your arse?

It's unlikely but not impossible. Strikes me as mental how anyone could in essence support a scheme that might arbitrarily assign one person more tickets than another. If you're going to do that, why not bring loyalty into the fray?
It’s impossible to happen considering usually we end up with more than enough to cover when against smaller clubs

I’ve been on the CCCS for 20 years, minus the boycott season, and missed out on tickets twice. At the same time I know people who have got tickets for every game, but I don’t grudge a fellow Rangers fan a ticket.

When you sign up to the CCCS at the start of the season you know it’s a lottery so there are no guarantees. So if you get one well done, if you didn’t then it’s hard luck and watch the game on TV.

To me the loyalty scheme is having a season ticket, whether it be your first season or 30th season with one, and signing up for the CCCS and the lottery that it is.
There was a poster on here whose young son got his first ticket for a final and I’m imagining the wee boy will be over the moon at getting one. Do you want to deprive that kid of that opportunity by introducing a scheme that could eventually be a closed shop?

That would require ten years of losing to the filth in every semi final.
As we saw a fortnight ago, the entire cccs were allocated a ticket against Hearts, one of the supposed bigger supports.

I know you've posted an extreme hypothetical scenario, but even taking that into account, it's just not going to happen.

I am a bit confused by your post though, you seem to be advocating a scheme which sees the most regular attendees get tickets but also saying it's unfair that someone can miss out on every game.
Surely the loyalty scheme is making sure the same people miss out with the same people always being rewarded?

You can support it because its pure chance so theres no bias from people who want to push the loyalty scheme that guarantees them tickets.

Just accept you never got one and get on with it.

In 2016 I got a Scottish cup semi final ticket but never got one for the final but there were others who got both. I just went to the pub and watched it, no point crying about it.

I’ve been on the CCCS for 20 years, minus the boycott season, and missed out on tickets twice. At the same time I know people who have got tickets for every game, but I don’t grudge a fellow Rangers fan a ticket.

When you sign up to the CCCS at the start of the season you know it’s a lottery so there are no guarantees. So if you get one well done, if you didn’t then it’s hard luck and watch the game on TV.

To me the loyalty scheme is having a season ticket, whether it be your first season or 30th season with one, and signing up for the CCCS and the lottery that it is.
There was a poster on here whose young son got his first ticket for a final and I’m imagining the wee boy will be over the moon at getting one. Do you want to deprive that kid of that opportunity by introducing a scheme that could eventually be a closed shop?
I posted about that very kid earlier on the thread.
People so full of their own self importance they would prevent such a scenario.

I wonder how these guys became Rangers fans and how they got to their first cup final?

I'd wager for 99% of us, it was our dads taking us to Ibrox and taking us to Hampden.

This introduction to Rangers is what some selfish fans want to prevent.

Do you have an example of this? Or have you just plucked an extremely unlikely scenario out your arse?

How can I have an example of it when - as clearly stated - season ticket sales are now only this high?

Let's try a variation on it, then.

Over the space of ten years we play five games at Hampden against Hibs, St Mirren, Hearts, Dundee and ICT and five against Celtic.

Fan A on the scheme gets tickets for every game.

Fan B on the scheme only gets tickets for the games against shite.

Fair?

How can I have an example of it when - as clearly stated - season ticket sales are now only this high?

Over the space of ten years we play five games at Hampden against Hibs, St Mirren, Hearts, Dundee and ICT and five against Celtic.

Fair?
Doesn't that scenario mean both fans get every game? :)

Fair?
How likely is this then?

At the end of the day it's all about Rangers ensuring maximum ticket sales for non- season ticket games. If people were excluded from ticking the semi and final box or knew they had no chance then they potentially wouldn't tick the non season ticket home games box.

I’d love to know how the decide where you get a ticket in the stadium. It might just be pot luck but at
What if all your pals got tickets?
Or you dont like pubs.o_Oo_Oo_O

How likely is this then?

Fairly likely since we're now returning to be something of a dominant force into football.

Look at the number of times we played Celtic from around 1998 onwards.

In fact, the situation is INCREDIBLY likely if we get Celtic in semi finals. The stadium allocation would be halved for that game and then again for the final.

So a repeat of 1998 - Celtic in semi and Hearts in the final - would mean that situation is highly possible.

Any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back