Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loyalty scheme?
You mean one that allows you into a ballot for finals providing you buy all of your tickets?

If 26000 of us on the scheme have done so, why should any miss out on entry to the ballot?

We've all bought the season ticket, bought all home games and the semi final.
Now it's a final against the filth we want to change the rules?
I think he’s talking about the future . It won’t change though .

but imo it should anyone who made the effort to go to east Fife and livi in this competition and the semi shouldn’t miss out just my opinion .

but imo it should anyone who made the effort to go to east Fife and livi in this competition and the semi shouldn’t miss out just my opinion .
Made the effort?

I wanted to go to East Fife but couldn’t get a ticket.

There is no other way to do it apart from the way we do.

Loyalty where people get points would only result in me taking tickets and giving them away. Meaning I use all the good ones and give others the crap. I wouldn't but just an example.

People who travel abroad getting 1st dibs etc is very unfair on those who just can't go away holidays,business owners etc.

Stopping any more member is also unfair as what happens to the kids turning 16-17 who have had season books for X amount of years and decide now there working can afford to go on this??

No other way than the way it's done. I'm seeing people say they have had semi final and final tickets for 10-15 years and never missed out. I'd be happy with that

I see your point and I genuinely do get the frustrations of fans who missed out in the ballot but we can't all get allocated East Fife.

The only way we can all be eligible is to buy every ticket made available to us.
I can't buy games that aren't allocated to me, and those that do have tickets outside the stadium can't be tracked by the club to see who actually used the ticket.

You've said yourself that you know of people abusing the Travel Club with fake itineraries, so we know that those on the most points don't all deserve to have them.
I don't see how any similar scheme for cup finals wouldn't similiarly be abused.

I see your point and I genuinely do get the frustrations of fans who missed out in the ballot but we can't all get allocated East Fife.

The only way we can all be eligible is to buy every ticket made available to us.
I can't buy games that aren't allocated to me, and those that do have tickets outside the stadium can't be tracked by the club to see who actually used the ticket.

You've said yourself that you know of people abusing the Travel Club with fake itineraries, so we know that those on the most points don't all deserve to have them.
I don't see how any similar scheme for cup finals wouldn't similiarly be abused.
The guys I know with the high points in the Travel Club actually travel to all the games.Our crowd of 14 regular travelers have top points down to 7/8 points and not one fake itinerary between us.
The ones I know who have been sending in fake itineraries are low pointers.

The guys I know with the high points in the Travel Club actually travel to all the games.Our crowd of 14 regular travelers have top points down to 7/8 points and not one fake itinerary between us.
That's fair enough mate, but I'm sure that won't be the case for everyone.
Of course anyone on 7/8 now will have no reason to send fakes as they'll be allocated tickets no problem with those points.

There will undoubtedly be some who got there by cheating the system though.

A loyalty scheme?
You mean one that allows you into a ballot for finals providing you buy all of your tickets?

If 26000 of us on the scheme have done so, why should any miss out on entry to the ballot?

We've all bought the season ticket, bought all home games and the semi final.
Now it's a final against the filth we want to change the rules?

In essence a scheme akin to having a season ticket and being a member of the Travel Club, you mean?

Interesting to see you manoeuvre the conversation away from the younger fans being inhibited by a season ticket waiting list and the complete and utter unfairness of fans constantly being passed over for tickets despite signing up for the scheme.

I've also always advocated for change in the current system. Hell, it may lead to me losing out on tickets. Some kind of system in place (and one that's different from what you think I'd like) is still preferable to this utter chaos.

There is no other way to do it apart from the way we do.

Loyalty where people get points would only result in me taking tickets and giving them away. Meaning I use all the good ones and give others the crap. I wouldn't but just an example.

People who travel abroad getting 1st dibs etc is very unfair on those who just can't go away holidays,business owners etc.

Stopping any more member is also unfair as what happens to the kids turning 16-17 who have had season books for X amount of years and decide now there working can afford to go on this??

No other way than the way it's done. I'm seeing people say they have had semi final and final tickets for 10-15 years and never missed out. I'd be happy with that

People who go abroad getting first dibs is unfair just because not everyone can commit to doing so?

So basically in your eyes those that follow the team everywhere and abroad shouldn’t get any sort of priority just because others don’t/can’t have the same commitment.

That in itself is ridiculously laughable.

Guys that take holidays from work and spend a fortune following the club should be front of the queue.

Anyone that argues otherwise IMO obviously pick and choose their games therefore of course they won’t agree on the above as it’d then mean their chances of tickets would be slightly less due to bears that go everywhere getting first dibs. Bit selfish you could say

People who go abroad getting first dibs is unfair just because not everyone can commit to doing so?

So basically in your eyes those that follow the team everywhere and abroad shouldn’t get any sort of priority just because others don’t/can’t have the same commitment.

Guys that take holidays from work and spend a fortune following the club should be front of the queue.

Anyone that argues otherwise IMO obviously pick and choose their games therefore of course they won’t agree on the above as it’d then mean their chances of tickets would be slightly less due to bears that go everywhere getting first dibs. Bit selfish you could say

Your arrogance and self importance is what's laughable

I'm sure in an ideal world everyone would love to have the money to be able to go to abroad to follow the Gers.

As someone that travels abroad, and would therefore be guaranteed a ticket for finals with your idea I don't think attendance at away euro games should ever be part of the criteria.

The club don't really care if you can afford to pay easyjet £1500 A year on flights. As others have pointed out, you make it a closed shop like that then people are going to stop signing up for all cup games losing club money

So you think cause I follow the team abroad I'm more entitled to a ticket than a pensioner who has supported rangers for say 50 years??? Just getting ridiculous now

First time since I signed up to the CCCS (2002/03) that I’ve not got a ticket through the ballot.

Anyone know if there’s likely to be a second ballot or how many tickets are likely to be sent back (not many I’d imagine, but you never know...).

Scraping the barrel loyal

In essence a scheme akin to having a season ticket and being a member of the Travel Club, you mean?

Interesting to see you manoeuvre the conversation away from the younger fans being inhibited by a season ticket waiting list and the complete and utter unfairness of fans constantly being passed over for tickets despite signing up for the scheme.

I've also always advocated for change in the current system. Hell, it may lead to me losing out on tickets. Some kind of system in place (and one that's different from what you think I'd like) is still preferable to this utter chaos.
Utter chaos?
Everybody is placed in a ballot and has the same chance at a ticket, it really couldn't be any simpler!

I haven't manoeuvred the conversation away from younger fans at all.
I was pretty clear that the waiting list for season tickets doesn't discriminate against anyone. You have your place in line, you get the call when there's availability.
The person next in line may be 16, they may be 76.

I would agree that some fans shouldn't constantly be missing out on ballots. You've yet to explain how the loyalty scheme you advocate prevents this.

I think you'll find I'm on more points than you ;) @GazzaG will be giving me a shout first!

You can afford to wait another few Semis/Finals before you finally get a ticket.
You didn't want it for the Livingston game, sorry you're not 'loyal' enough! :)) :))

Utter chaos?
Everybody is placed in a ballot and has the same chance at a ticket, it really couldn't be any simpler!

I haven't manoeuvred the conversation away from younger fans at all.
I was pretty clear that the waiting list for season tickets doesn't discriminate against anyone. You have your place in line, you get the call when there's availability.
The person next in line may be 16, they may be 76.

I would agree that some fans shouldn't constantly be missing out on ballots. You've yet to explain how the loyalty scheme you advocate prevents this.

You know full well that the chaos to which I was referring is not the simple administrative task of setting a computer to ballot 20,000 names and instead the ensuing fallout that comes from such a random process (the words "this chaos" being a bit of a giveaway) so we'll let that slide.

In time, season ticket waiting lists discriminate against younger fans (statistically significantly less likely to own a season ticket, particularly with their mates) who find it difficult to get at the front of the queue since there are already thousands of people ahead of them in the queue. They need to wait their turn. So your reference to the 76 year old doesn't hold water as much as the eager 16 year old dealing with the fact that attending games at Ibrox is a closed shop in which he needs to wait his turn.

I'm not entirely sure what this loyalty scheme would look like. I just think something that takes account of several factors - as the club do with membership of the TC, for instance, which runs with exactly ZERO issues - is preferable to this nonsense.

I assume you were
First time since I signed up to the CCCS (2002/03) that I’ve not got a ticket through the ballot.

Anyone know if there’s likely to be a second ballot or how many tickets are likely to be sent back (not many I’d imagine, but you never know...).

Sounds like it’s worked well for you pal

I don’t think so tbh

You know full well that the chaos to which I was referring is not the simple administrative task of setting a computer to ballot 20,000 names and instead the ensuing fallout that comes from such a random process (the words "this chaos" being a bit of a giveaway) so we'll let that slide.

In time, season ticket waiting lists discriminate against younger fans (statistically significantly less likely to own a season ticket, particularly with their mates) who find it difficult to get at the front of the queue since there are already thousands of people ahead of them in the queue. They need to wait their turn. So your reference to the 76 year old doesn't hold water as much as the eager 16 year old dealing with the fact that attending games at Ibrox is a closed shop in which he needs to wait his turn.

I'm not entirely sure what this loyalty scheme would look like. I just think something that takes account of several factors - as the club do with membership of the TC, for instance, which runs with exactly ZERO issues - is preferable to this nonsense.

Ffs mate away and get yer hole

The travel club runs with zero issues?
I'd urge you to read through this thread and look for the posts regarding fake itineraries or no itineraries being sent at all and tickets still being issued.
Look at the absolute farce of being told on sunday that you were eligible for a ticket in Gibraltar on tuesday, your window to buy the ticket is the exact same time Rangers are playing at Ibrox!
You've constantly referenced fairness, that was what was put on the table for 0/1 pointers back in July.

This 'chaos' as you so dramatically put it is nothing of the sort.
Every one of us know exactly what we sign up to at the end of last season.
It is simply a case of people feeling they deserve more than others.
I've agreed with you that it's not fair for anyone to miss out all of the time, but you know what happens when he gets his turn?
One of the never miss a game guys doesn't get a ticket, he kicks off and we're right back here.

The travel club runs with zero issues?
I'd urge you to read through this thread and look for the posts regarding fake itineraries or no itineraries being sent at all and tickets still being issued.
Look at the absolute farce of being told on sunday that you were eligible for a ticket in Gibraltar on tuesday, your window to buy the ticket is the exact same time Rangers are playing at Ibrox!
You've constantly referenced fairness, that was what was put on the table for 0/1 pointers back in July.

I've agreed with you that it's not fair for anyone to miss out all of the time, but you know what happens when he gets his turn?
One of the never miss a game guys doesn't get a ticket, he kicks off and we're right back here.

Nope, you're being deliberately disingenuous again.

The Travel Club's de facto loyalty scheme garners absolutely no issues. That fans who have been to more European away games than others get priority in grounds where the allocation is smaller is an policy with which no one complains. It's not in the policy of rewarding those fans that the issue lies; it's with its own operational failings. Fake itineraries (easily remedied, incidentally) and a slow turnaround in information have nothing to do with its own policy of rewarding long-serving fans.

This thread started ten days ago and is still going strong. It's full of divisive and differing opinions and people happy to maintain the status quo or move towards something else. There's been a lot of anger, confusion and head-scratching. I imagine there's also been a lot of phone calls and emails to Rangers. There's been calls for RSC allocations to be done differently and guys talking about never having been allocated games against Celtic. I'd describe the fallout as chaotic, yeah.

Just because we knew that that was the policy at the start of the season doesn't make it any less easier to digest for some people, and doesn't make the calls for change any less convincing.

Think that's it for me.

Likewise with my travelling group.

All my pals are mid to high pointers and not once have we faked itineraries. Those I know who have done it are low pointers in order to get on to the points ladder.

Your arrogance and self importance is what's laughable

I'm sure in an ideal world everyone would love to have the money to be able to go to abroad to follow the Gers.

As someone that travels abroad, and would therefore be guaranteed a ticket for finals with your idea I don't think attendance at away euro games should ever be part of the criteria.

The club don't really care if you can afford to pay easyjet £1500 A year on flights. As others have pointed out, you make it a closed shop like that then people are going to stop signing up for all cup games losing club money

I don’t go to every away Euro game either.

So it’s not that I’m saying the above to favour myself. I’m saying it because I believe those that literally go to every game deserve first dibs on tickets, especially difficult away games where tickets are limited.

So you think cause I follow the team abroad I'm more entitled to a ticket than a pensioner who has supported rangers for say 50 years??? Just getting ridiculous now

If you’re going to every game and the pensioner only goes to Ibrox every second week then yes I believe you should be ahead of him in the queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back