Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more, I’ve been to every home game and aways when lucky enough to get allocated a ticket plus six aways in Europe this year, I was lucky in this ballot and yes I’d be gutted if I hadn’t been but if you have numerous ways of getting tickets that others don’t you are no more entitled than the next fan!

I was working with someone recently who can get tickets as they were friends with a member of the playing staff.
They could have 100% attendance yet never buy a ticket.

I pay for all mine even when I'm away to work.
This person has been to more games than me.

I realise this is just one example, but those who get to every game must realise they have a means to get tickets the rest of us don't.
One thing I don't get is if they get to 'every game' why has this cup final suddenly become unobtainable?

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and have been on the CCCS for as far as I can remember. This is the first time I've not had a ticket in the ballot. Its disappointing but like many others I will try every avenue to get one.

just got a mail from my mate who has a ticket I had (really) forgotten to check and I’m stunned to have nothing. Like you I’ve had a season ticket for over 30 years and been on the CCCS for as long as it’s existed. Gutted but what can I do? I assume all emails are now out?

The guys who go home and away tend to get tickets for every game under the current system, I’m ok with them getting 2 chances at it.

I got allocated a ticket (fortunately) but if I didn’t then it’s just the way it is.

The way some folk talk like they’re better Rangers fans than others disgusts me sometimes.

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and have been on the CCCS for as far as I can remember. This is the first time I've not had a ticket in the ballot. Its disappointing but like many others I will try every avenue to get one.
LeSt you’re being reasonable.
I’ve booked hospitality and had few boys ask me if I had a ticket

No ticket and like most the last time I didn't get a ticket for a final was a while ago. Then again don't seem to get lucky in the ballot when it's against them! Well at least for now my nerves won't be shot until I turn on the TV!

Absolute joke that wee lassies are being allowed tickets to Rangers games!! :mad::mad:

bdda7eb01a.png

Me and my son both got for the semi against hearts and for this final, so we are very lucky, we also got tickets against them in the semi final few year back but missed the hibs final. I just accept it for what it is and still think it is a good ballot system. If we go to a points based system then new supporters and younger supporters will hardly get an opportunity to see their team in semi finals and finals. If it is that upsetting for some not getting a ticket then buy hospitality ticket. The club will never be able to please everyone but at least with this system you have an option at the start of the season to tick the boxes and give yourself a chance of a ticket for big games.. Every supporter has different financial commitments or are limited to when they can go to games due to work and family issues....If the system changes then would the club lose out as you know there would not be the uptake for the cup games at home to lower division teams in the cups ???

Let’s not forget that every year there are new bears born and these new fans when older will hopefully start going to Rangers games with family and friends. What you don’t want is a system that ends up with only a select group of elite fans getting tickets to away games and to semi finals and final because they have enough points and new supporters with little to no chance of getting to see the Gers away from home or in semi finals and finals..

Last edited:
There must be tickets either coming out today or emails haven't dropped. No way the amount of people I know who haven't got tickets. I just don't see how it is possible. Funny thing is it's all boys who travel everywhere ( I know that doesn't count ) just find it very weird

I’m also surprised at the amount of folk I know that didn’t get tickets and also gutted I didn’t so holding onto one last bit of hope there’s still another batch of emails to come out was hoping the fact I got a Livi away in the quarter finals through CCCS would of helped my chances but no joy

There must be tickets either coming out today or emails haven't dropped. No way the amount of people I know who haven't got tickets. I just don't see how it is possible. Funny thing is it's all boys who travel everywhere ( I know that doesn't count ) just find it very weird

Maybe the SLO can clear this up this morning?

I’ve not got one. Pretty disappointed to be honest, this seasons away allocations has only been Livi last week and now Hamilton as well which is all just a bit pish.

I’m also surprised at the amount of folk I know that didn’t get tickets and also gutted I didn’t so holding onto one last bit of hope there’s still another batch of emails to come out was hoping the fact I got a Livi away in the quarter finals through CCCS would of helped my chances but no joy
Only home games count in these ballots mate.

An awful lot of people I know , including myself and son , haven’t been allocated tickets for this game.
We have always been lucky so while gutted at not getting one that’s just the way it goes in a ballot. With 26000 or so on the scheme and only 18000 tickets to be had then a lot of fans disappointed.

There’s does seem to be a shit load of people who never got them this time around. Maybe emails still to go out?

Some people saying how do you monitor a loyalty scheme.

I went to lazio milan before and you had to show ID along with your ticket to get in to the stadium. I think this was a security thing more than anything else

But that could be a way to make sure the people on the CCCS are using their ticket rather than giving it away to get a loyalty point.

You're not getting this are you. Why do we have a scenario where some fans who happen to be members of an RSC get tickets for every single match, while some, like me, are lucky to get 3 away tickets per season and risk missing big finals, etc.

No fairness there.

Why not consider joining an RSC then to avoid your moaning?!

People really can be arseholes.

I got a ticket today, but can’t go to final as I’m overseas. I know a number of people who didn’t get a ticket from CCSS. So my brief is obviously going to one of them.

A friend is now raging as I am not giving it to her to give to someone who I don’t know.

WTAF?

Your best option is to give it to someone outwith your circle of friends. That way your treating them all the same and no one is annoyed.

I’ll buy it.

worth a try.

I see a few have got the idea more emails could drop today :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Why would you plant this idea in my head lol another day if watching emails just incase.

There does seem to be more who didnt get than those who got going by posts on here right enough i agree, hopefully a batch still to come haha

Some people saying how do you monitor a loyalty scheme.

I went to lazio milan before and you had to show ID along with your ticket to get in to the stadium. I think this was a security thing more than anything else

But that could be a way to make sure the people on the CCCS are using their ticket rather than giving it away to get a loyalty point.

So we have to convince all the away grounds staff to check our id and tickets?

More people I know didn’t get a ticket than people that got them. Not usually like that?
70% of people should have got them, I’m holding onto that that only about 50% I know have got so hopefully another round of emails to come!

I see a few have got the idea more emails could drop today :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Why would you plant this idea in my head lol another day if watching emails just incase.

There does seem to be more who didnt get than those who got going by posts on here right enough i agree, hopefully a batch still to come haha
I personally just reckon the people who didn’t get one are gutted and will come on for a moan about their bad luck. While most who did will probably say nothing and just be delighted they got one.

If we implement a loyalty scheme that some are suggesting we will quickly have a closed shop scenario. We must remain inclusive. Why should you be discriminated against because you're younger? Or maybe you couldn't afford a season ticket previously. It has to be done season at a time. You pay your money you get your place in the ballot.

My niece is 14 and got a ticket today as a season ticket holder. Her first old firm final. Her first cup final! That should be celebrated. These kids are our future and have seen nothing but shite in their lifetimes.

Let’s take your season ticket off you each summer and ballot it then?

You get the chance to renew it each season due to loyalty. So why shouldn’t the same happen for Semi’s and Final’s at Hampden?

It seems weird that more people than usual we’re not allocated a ticket. Am I clutching at straws hoping there is more emails to come? You’re dam right I am!! :D

The guys who go home and away tend to get tickets for every game under the current system, I’m ok with them getting 2 chances at it.

I got allocated a ticket (fortunately) but if I didn’t then it’s just the way it is.

The way some folk talk like they’re better Rangers fans than others disgusts me sometimes.
Most sense on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back