Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The travel club works pretty well for tickets imo. Something similar for semis/finals would work if you start with backdated points.

It doesn’t though work well imo.

4 of us joined the TC this season and started on 0 points.

By the time the Porto game came around, there was a scramble for tickets on the Sunday morning for the 0 pointers and thanks to the horrible website, only 2 of us got tickets.

Long story short, after asking around several of my contacts, I was promised extra tickets from different sources and I ended up with 7 tickets.

So... 5 people bought tickets and didn’t attend, they’ll be stacking up points and two of my party are still stuck on 0 points.

The current system for Semi/finals allocation is fair and is probably the best way to divvy up tickets.

By the time the Porto game came around, there was a scramble for tickets on the Sunday morning for the 0 pointers and thanks to the horrible website, only 2 of us got tickets.

Long story short, after asking around several of my contacts, I was promised extra tickets from different sources and I ended up with 7 tickets.

So... 5 people bought tickets and didn’t attend, they’ll be stacking up points and two of my party are still stuck on 0 points.

The current system for Semi/finals allocation is fair and is probably the best way to divvy up tickets.

Easily remedied by ticket uplift and distribution taking place on the day and country of the game.

The TC is a tricky one.
By issuing photocards and needing a travel itinerary to purchase a ticket, I believe the ticket office are doing the best they can to ensure fans who are travelling get tickets and obviously get a point for doing so.

It has been mentioned earlier in the thread that people are sending in fake itineraries to get tickets and TC points.

Absolute scumbag behaviour, and part of the reason why 2 of your party are still on 0 points.

They could start by looking at who’s been on cccs for the longest (could start from 2015/16 to ensure fairness as fans boycotted the season before based on Kings instructions)

A joining fee could also be applied too - if the price was high enough it would put people off signing up family members/friends/work colleagues with the idea of them passing their tickets on.

The truth is, all cccs schemes are overpopulated and its only going to get worse
So price the fans out so the higher paid get the priority f#@k away off !!!

Fairly likely since we're now returning to be something of a dominant force into football.

Look at the number of times we played Celtic from around 1998 onwards.

In fact, the situation is INCREDIBLY likely if we get Celtic in semi finals. The stadium allocation would be halved for that game and then again for the final.

So a repeat of 1998 - Celtic in semi and Hearts in the final - would mean that situation is highly possible.

Any questions?
You said 5 and 5 with a fan missing out in all 5 against the mentally challengeds.

My question is this: Are you paid to talk shite or do you do it for fun?

Easily remedied by ticket uplift and distribution taking place on the day and country of the game.
You are applying an overly simplistic approach and disregarding the hundreds of different logistical scenarios which travelling encounter.

Progres game at Pedros time, I got in Luxembourg about 30mins before kick off and made a hectic dash to the ground.

That’s a really unlikely extreme scenario though. Do you know anyone this has happened to?
I’ve missed both last semis/finals v Tims and I know people who’ve had both. I know it’s only 2 games but I don’t think that’s fair. I’ve paid my money same as them, go to away games and go away in Europe which they don’t.

I believe you mentioned travelling official and being handed your ticket on the flight before.
Surely we could do similar with an uplift at Glasgow Airport. Once your checked in, you get your ticket, and not before under any circumstances.
Also, your TC photocard must be produced.

I realise we don't all travel from Glasgow, but given the majority do, and that we have a couple of hours to kill after check-in this would alleviate the issues with Rangers staff getting swamped in another country.

The TC is a tricky one.
By issuing photocards and needing a travel itinerary to purchase a ticket, I believe the ticket office are doing the best they can to ensure fans who are travelling get tickets and obviously get a point for doing so.

It has been mentioned earlier in the thread that’ll people are sending in fake itineraries to get tickets and TC points.

Absolute scumbag behaviour, and part of the reason why 2 of your party are still on 0 points.
I have never sent an itinerary in my puff so don’t even think the TO bother checking.

You are applying an overly simplistic approach and disregarding the hundreds of different logistical scenarios which travelling encounter.

Progres game at Pedros time, I got in Luxembourg about 30mins before kick off and made a hectic dash to the ground.

Erm, this is how tickets are usually given out at away games.

I believe you mentioned travelling official and being handed your ticket on the flight before.
Surely we could do similar with an uplift at Glasgow Airport. Once your checked in, you get your ticket, and not before under any circumstances.
Also, your TC photocard must be produced.

I realise we don't all travel from Glasgow, but given the majority do, and that we have a couple of hours to kill after check-in this would alleviate the issues with Rangers staff getting swamped in another country.
I actually don’t think a majority do travel from Glasgow given the logistics.

It would make sense to guarantee a ticket to all who miss a semi or final a ticket for the next semi or final. Then ballot the remaining tickets.
Only really comes into play when we get a semi v cetlc or a final v sheep,Hearts or Hivs.
Other semis or finals there would be enough tickets to satisfy demand.

i'm going to Amsterdam with 3 people, 4 in total. 2 have tickets, 2 don't. NOT A BIG DEAL

"awrite aw ma pals got tickets and i didny, therefore can i get a ticket?" how would that work across the whole fan base
That’s a bit different from if all your pals had tickets to be fair

That’s a bit different from if all your pals had tickets to be fair
well with your example, do you want the club to ensure the last remaining pal without a ticket gets one? i'm sorry but that is just a stupid scenario to use as an example

Was neither here nor there about the ballot and the scheme. Back when I was going every week though I'd have been raging to miss out on the final, but now I only really do home games and few aways, I can't complain. I think a points system could work, however the first few years will be a nightmare to operate. But it may make it fairer and tickets more accessible in the future.

Was at a do last night and talking to a Bear about it who made a good point. He travels all home, cup, semi's basically everything on the CCCS, but didn't get a final ticket. However, if he was to want to go to an away Euro game he would be blocked from tickets because of a points system. So it does feel a bit annoying that some games are protected on loyalty, but others aren't.

Was neither here nor there about the ballot and the scheme. Back when I was going every week though I'd have been raging to miss out on the final, but now I only really do home games and few aways, I can't complain. I think a points system could work, however the first few years will be a nightmare to operate. But it may make it fairer and tickets more accessible in the future.

Was at a do last night and talking to a Bear about it who made a good point. He travels all home, cup, semi's basically everything on the CCCS, but didn't get a final ticket. However, if he was to want to go to an away Euro game he would be blocked from tickets because of a points system. So it does feel a bit annoying that some games are protected on loyalty, but others aren't.
That's not true though mate.
I joined the TC last season when they reopened it for the group stages.
Moscow and Villarreal opened up to zero points.
This season, St Josephs, Progres, Midjtylland I'm sure all went to zero.
Legia and Porto may have but I don't know.

Of 13 games in the last two seasons, only a few weren't available on zero.

How can 2 of your party still be on 0 points if they applied and were unsuccessful? In this scenario they get a point.

The TC is a tricky one.

It has been mentioned earlier in the thread that people are sending in fake itineraries to get tickets and TC points.

You don’t need to give the TC travel plans to get your ticket

The point people are missing is that the travel club has no other qualifying condition than paying the membership fee and doesn't impact on anything else. The CCCS is not there to reward loyalty, it is there to sell tickets for less glamorous cup games with the minimum of administration. As soon as you start restricting it people will stop signing up to it and the club lose out financially.

Away tickets would become a closed shop given the limited amount available with people taking every ticket and selling on those they don't want to keep up maximum points otherwise the club need to run a travel club style scheme on a far bigger scale with a greater admin cost.

If you were unlucky in the ballot keep a close eye on your emails on Wednesday :cool:

The point people are missing is that the travel club has no other qualifying condition than paying the membership fee and doesn't impact on anything else. The CCCS is not there to reward loyalty, it is there to sell tickets for less glamorous cup games with the minimum of administration. As soon as you start restricting it people will stop signing up to it and the club lose out financially.

Away tickets would become a closed shop given the limited amount available with people taking every ticket and selling on those they don't want to keep up maximum points otherwise the club need to run a travel club style scheme on a far bigger scale with a greater admin cost.

This is it exactly. Why would the club want to administer a points scheme that will end up leading to people coming off the cccs when things work perfectly for them at the moment. Some of the loyalty suggestions on pick ups, proving you are going to the game etc would need additional staff employed. It’s crazy to be demanding change when the current system (the easiest one) has maximised income.

I can’t tell if you’re fucking thick or you just want to give the impression that you are.

You’re saying it’s INCREDIBLY likely that someone could miss out in 5 ballots against that lot?

That’s what you’re saying?
To be fair, I've missed out on the 2016 semi, both semis in 2017 and the final this season.

Over the space of ten years we play five games at Hampden against Hibs, St Mirren, Hearts, Dundee and ICT and five against Celtic.

Fan A on the scheme gets tickets for every game.

Fan B on the scheme only gets tickets for the games against shite.

Fair?
So you reckon fan B would only get the 5 Celtic games? Unlikley. :)

It would make sense to guarantee a ticket to all who miss a semi or final a ticket for the next semi or final. Then ballot the remaining tickets.

I think this is fairest. Then everyone would miss the same amount of games over time and it would be random whether you got a semi, a final or both. You would never miss out on both though.

That's not true though mate.
I joined the TC last season when they reopened it for the group stages.
Moscow and Villarreal opened up to zero points.
This season, St Josephs, Progres, Midjtylland I'm sure all went to zero.
Legia and Porto may have but I don't know.

Of 13 games in the last two seasons, only a few weren't available on zero.

Midtjylland and Feyenoord were the only games that didn't go to 0 this season (some 2 pointers were able to purchase for both before they sold out).

As things stand, you could quite easily get yourself in a position, over a couple of seasons, to get a ticket for any European away you wanted.

I think this is fairest. Then everyone would miss the same amount of games over time and it would be random whether you got a semi, a final or both. You would never miss out on both though.
That only works if semi is v celtc and a final is v them,hearts,hivs.
Semi /finals games v any other team everyone on CCCS would get a ticket anyway.

Sorry to hear that mate.

According to some on here, that's meant to be unlikely. But it clearly happens.
Unlikely but not impossible. Although I don’t know how the poster you quoted missed out on the 2017 semi against Motherwell as I’m sure everyone on the CCCS got a ticket for that.
I’ve missed out on the previous 2 old firm games at Hampden, it’s a gutter to miss out but that’s the luck of the draw. You need to take the good with the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back