Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely but not impossible. Although I don’t know how the poster you quoted missed on the 2017 semi against Motherwell as I’m sure everyone on the CCCS got a ticket for that.
I’ve missed out on the previous 2 old firm games at Hampden, it’s a gutter to miss out but that’s the luck of the draw. You need to take the good with the bad.
No one missed motherwell

Is it still points based? I’ve had a season ticket for 17 seasons & been in the away/cup scheme for abt 10 years now. I get basically all semi & finals (have done for years) & 4 away tickets. I got a ticket for Manchester in the ballot & the semis/finals under Walter so hopefully it doesn’t change! WATP

Is it still points based? I’ve had a season ticket for 17 seasons & been in the away/cup scheme for abt 10 years now. I get basically all semi & finals (have done for years) & 4 away tickets. I got a ticket for Manchester in the ballot & the semis/finals under Walter so hopefully it doesn’t change! WATP
It’s never been point based this is first I’ve missed and my dads had me on cccs since it started, Manchester wise I got one as I was in travel club

Insert sad face emoji.
source.gif

I never got a ticket in the ballot for this final or Manchester, life is full of disappointments. but always look on the Brightside

Perhaps worth remembering that it's not called the continuous Celtic game scheme.

You are buying your right to every league match at Ibrox with your ticket. You can tick the box to buy every other competitive home game. When you pay your money you get to see the famous. That's what you get in return.

Obviously old firm cup finals are the daddy when it comes to these games - but the system cant just be looked at through the prism of just this one game. The demand pushes ticket allocations to the limit.

Some fans miss out and I'm gutted for them. But the way it's done is the least intensive way to administer it.

You could design the fairest system in history, taking into account financial spend, time spent following, merchandise and even quality of opponent (you went to see St Mirren who are pish so next time we have tickets for Aberdeen you're 2nd or 3rd priority bracket).

Bottom line is the club want to keep it simple and it's not likely to change until that paid membership they asked us about is introduced.

I never got a ticket in the ballot for this final or Manchester, life is full of disappointments. but always look on the Brightside

I sat with my dad, great memory’s score aside. I’ve always assumed it’s a points based scheme which must be hard to do as there are 49,000 roughly on similar history/points. I’ve been lucky with tickets I must admit. Never goiny mention it again Incase I jinx it.

It would make sense to guarantee a ticket to all who miss a semi or final a ticket for the next semi or final. Then ballot the remaining tickets.

I think this will then result in more people moaning.

For example, we get Aberdeen in the Scottish cup semi and it's a ballot. Do everyone who missed out this time gets while people who got this time don't. Then, in the final, the same people could get as those who got for this final. And it could be against Celtic again.

People who missed both finals would be going nuts.

I say keep it as a total ballot everytime.

Should be kept the way it is. Let's stop the moaning and just be happy we have such a big fan base.

Some will be there in person to hopefully witness us win our first major trophy in years, others will be in the pub. Either way, we get to see our team play. In the future i am sure those who are complaining will get tickets for another massive game while others miss out. It's just how it goes when you have a well supported club.

I sat with my dad, great memory’s score aside. I’ve always assumed it’s a points based scheme which must be hard to do as there are 49,000 roughly on similar history/points. I’ve been lucky with tickets I must admit. Never goiny mention it again Incase I jinx it.
I got 2 tickets for Manchester, just not in the ballot.
My opinion has never changed, everyone who buys an ST whether it is the first year or fortieth year should be in the ballot for any available tickets, luck of the draw

That's not true though mate.
I joined the TC last season when they reopened it for the group stages.
Moscow and Villarreal opened up to zero points.
This season, St Josephs, Progres, Midjtylland I'm sure all went to zero.
Legia and Porto may have but I don't know.

Of 13 games in the last two seasons, only a few weren't available on zero.

The base point is though, that someone with a ST and signed up can patch every game, but are still in the draw.

You can't just get tickets for Euro away games without going to any.

I'm not in the Travel Club so may be wrong in how it works, but at the end of the day they use a points based system, but don't use one for domestic away games.

Again, I'm not advocating for change and to be honest I don't think people would accept widespread changes. I don't think our fan base like change lol.

It looks like this is the first balloted ticket I'm going to miss out on since the scheme began but I'm not too upset as I'm temporarily incapacitated at the moment so couldn't actually make it to the game...but my nephew who I promised my ticket to is fkn gutted!
:(

It doesn’t though work well imo.

4 of us joined the TC this season and started on 0 points.

By the time the Porto game came around, there was a scramble for tickets on the Sunday morning for the 0 pointers and thanks to the horrible website, only 2 of us got tickets.

Long story short, after asking around several of my contacts, I was promised extra tickets from different sources and I ended up with 7 tickets.

So... 5 people bought tickets and didn’t attend, they’ll be stacking up points and two of my party are still stuck on 0 points.

The current system for Semi/finals allocation is fair and is probably the best way to divvy up tickets.
Yoir contacts going to Amsterdam?

Does being in Bar 72 increase chances of semi/final tickets if you have ticked the correct boxes ?

I ask as I’ve had a ticket for every game at Hampden since the boycott ended and I got a season ticket in Bar 72

I guess it automatically has you attending all games at Ibrox including friendlies as they are part of your ticket price ?

Does being in Bar 72 increase chances of semi/final tickets if you have ticked the correct boxes ?

I ask as I’ve had a ticket for every game at Hampden since the boycott ended and I got a season ticket in Bar 72

I guess it automatically has you attending all games at Ibrox including friendlies as they are part of your ticket price ?
Bar72 prices includes all non ST matches at Ibrox, you have the same chance as all other eligible supporters on cccs for tickets for Hampden.

Should be kept the way it is. Let's stop the moaning and just be happy we have such a big fan base.

Some will be there in person to hopefully witness us win our first major trophy in years, others will be in the pub. Either way, we get to see our team play. In the future i am sure those who are complaining will get tickets for another massive game while others miss out. It's just how it goes when you have a well supported club.
I know it’s also because people feel more self-entitled than other supporters. If I miss out on a ticket I accept it and watch it on TV, instead of blaming other supporters.

Blame the allocations other clubs give us who have near empty grounds and accept the fact that this is what happens when you have so many supporters of a club.

With all the trouble in the World an all the hassle and struggles that come with everyday life, it amazes me that some people missing out for a ticket for a football match reaches importance on anyone's life scale
I’d imagine I’ll get one via bus but at the same time the whole argument is tiresome.

put it this way if it was a closed shop like some want my dad would never have been able to take me to my first final at 5 when we beat Hearts 5-1.

Is that 100% mate, do Rangers not give you a few days leeway if failed payment
I’ve been told there will be a ballot on Wednesday for tickets not paid for. Maybe the guy who works in ticket office can confirm in case I’ve been misinformed.

I’ve been told there will be a ballot on Wednesday for tickets not paid for. Maybe the guy who works in ticket office can confirm in case I’ve been misinformed.
Presume there is leeway of a couple of days - I changed (new debit card) the home games cccs bank details after missing the payment for the hearts semi. I got an email after failed payment, giving me a few more days to fix it.

However, to my horror on Saturday, it didnt automatically change the bank details for semis and finals as well so the payment would have failed. For the Wednesday ballot vultures, I paid up on Sat over the phone :p :))

The club should give the folk who are successful in the ballot a chance to pay ffs, that’s ridiculous. I’m not on the CCCS so didn’t get a final ticket.

That's not true. There's just under 150 category A+ clubs.

After I posted that I clarified with person who gave me details - they lumped A+ and A together

158 A+, 65 A, 24 B, 34 C, 28 D, 55 E

The base point is though, that someone with a ST and signed up can patch every game, but are still in the draw.

You can't just get tickets for Euro away games without going to any.

I'm not in the Travel Club so may be wrong in how it works, but at the end of the day they use a points based system, but don't use one for domestic away games.

Again, I'm not advocating for change and to be honest I don't think people would accept widespread changes. I don't think our fan base like change lol.
Obviously from the responses to my post, it would seem that you can just get away European tickets.
I'm in the TC and thought it was send your itinerary, show your photocard and get a ticket.
I've missed out on the 2 I wanted so have the points for those.
That's all you'd need at this stage to have a cracking chance of tickets.

Having a ST is committing alot of money to Rangers, the CCCS has been 8 games already on top of that. I can't imagine that anyone is actually going to those lengths on the off chance of a final against the filth, just to get a place in the draw.
I know it'll seem slanted as I work offshore but penalising fans who've paid but can't make every game is bollocks.
The difference in my salary is over 20 grand, so I can afford a financial commitment to Rangers quite easily. I can't afford that if I work on land. I'm sure that we can all agree that money going to Rangers should be the priority.
That's just me.
There are plenty of fans in Northern Ireland who don't usually make midweeks.
People get ill and suffer bereavements.
This time of year we'll have elderly fans who just won't be up to it.

There are so many reasons why every ST holder won't make every game. Punishing them for it should never be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back