Cup Final Press Conference

giphy.gif

We have to defend for our lives ....why don't we attack for our lives and put the pressure on the Celtic defence. Always us having to worry about then attacking, reverse this.
Both times when we beat them at Ibrox we did all the attacking and pressed them high up the pitch, when we played them at Ibrox this season we did the defending and they were able to run over us like we were nothing

Yeah, but best for m of defence is attack. We always seem to expect Celtic to come on to is, put them under cosh, test their defence.

I don’t think he was being defeatist or anything, just talking about his and his fellow defenders roles, because straight after he said ‘if we do that we know we will create chances’.

We have to defend for our lives ....why don't we attack for our lives and put the pressure on the Celtic defence. Always us having to worry about then attacking, reverse this.

Probably referencing the fact that he and the rest of the defence have taken an absolute hammering for their defensive skills.

I don’t think he means “we are going to be under the cosh all game”.

Why are folk so negative ffs.

It was a simple turn of phrase, I don't think he means we're going to defend for our lives for 90 minutes but everyone knows that though, but their just using it to have another go at him.

Why are folk so negative ffs.

It was a simple turn of phrase, I don't think he means we're going to defend for our lives for 90 minutes but everyone knows that though, but their just using it to have another go at him.
I think he should have said we're going to defend like Fannies o_O

I'm hoping Kent will be the difference on Sunday, we were missing somebody like him in the game at Ibrox

although we cannot set up the same way either, their defence is for the taking

I'm hoping Kent will be the difference on Sunday, we were missing somebody like him in the game at Ibrox

although we cannot set up the same way either, their defence is for the taking
This is why we bought him, every time he has played them he has gone at them and been brilliant, i see no reason why he won't do the same again because he loves it and he is top class.

Just watched this. So inspiring :rolleyes: . People need to lay off the guy he looks and talks like a guy who is unhappy. Gerard should be taking that pressure off him.

Back