Cup Final Press Conference

Tav has never been good in front of the camera.

He’s not very eloquent and doesn’t think fast on his feet. He seems to get very nervous and uncomfortable when facing the media....even our own media!

I don’t care......he’ll be judged based on what he does on the park not at a press conference.

If you need someone sitting in a press room giving soundbites to the filth journos to be inspired, then you shouldn't be at Rangers.

You don't need to give soundbites to be inspiring. He stuttered and monotoned his way through it. I'm not going to waste my time comparing to how previous Captains were in these interviews. Is it because of the pressure (I don't know for sure) but win, or lose he needs that armband taken off him.

He is not the leader we require at this time, unfortunately we still don’t have anyone other than McGregor who is willing to give his team mates a kick up the backside when needed. I’m not in favour of a GK being captain though.

I’d give Jack the armband. This game is the biggest in recent times and could have a bearing on how the season goes. We lay down a marker and leave everything out on the pitch and we have a chance of winning the cup and putting doubts in their heads.

If they win, they could run away with the league. Listening to Tav, he doesn’t sound confident or even like he believes we can do it, doesn’t instill any confidence.

He is not the leader we require at this time, unfortunately we still don’t have anyone other than McGregor who is willing to give his team mates a kick up the backside when needed. I’m not in favour of a GK being captain though.

I’d give Jack the armband. This game is the biggest in recent times and could have a bearing on how the season goes. We lay down a marker and leave everything out on the pitch and we have a chance of winning the cup and putting doubts in their heads.

If they win, they could run away with the league. Listening to Tav, he doesn’t sound confident or even like he believes we can do it, doesn’t instill any confidence.
Great idea strip the captain of his armband 2 days before a cup final. I'm not the biggest fan of Tav being Captain but that is nonsense.

I feel for Tav watching that video and the questions being fired at him.

I know he is always laid back at press conferences anyway

Last edited:
You don't need to give soundbites to be inspiring. He stuttered and monotoned his way through it. I'm not going to waste my time comparing to how previous Captains were in these interviews. Is it because of the pressure (I don't know for sure) but win, or lose he needs that armband taken off him.

FF can't refuse any opportunity for a snide comment. Well done.

It’s time for Tav to step up and show his mettle, forget all the nonsense at press conferences, they matter little.

Do the talking on the park and inspire his side to glory.

Cannot believe our Captain has come out saying we will have to defend for our lives unbelievable.

I am not even watching that interview absolutely sick of hearing it. What chance have you got with such negative comments coming from our Captain.

FF can't refuse any opportunity for a snide comment. Well done.

I tried to be as eloquent as possible in my first comment, someone wasn't happy so I had to elaborate. I wanted to watch it and be right up for Sunday, instead he looked and sounded as worried as I am.

Let them underestimate us, let all the press do the same. It feels exactly like the game in September when we underestimated them. We will win this game. Battle fever is on!!

James Tavernier has never convinced me that he is a Rangers captain but I fail to see anything negative about his comments today. We will have to defend, he is part of the defence, what is the problem?

Cannot believe our Captain has come out saying we will have to defend for our lives unbelievable.

I am not even watching that interview absolutely sick of hearing it. What chance have you got with such negative comments coming from our Captain.

To be fair, we probably will have to defend for our lives.
Could be a bit of mind games too there.

You might be taking comments in a press conference a bit too seriously there.

You ever seen McGregor giving interviews? He's the worst out of anyone. Sounds like he's talking to his mates rather than an interviewer.

The body language experts on here are cringey as fuck.

I have a feeling Stevie won't miss that c*nt Sutton when he does his interview,both barrels please Stevie.

Hold up a minute.

Are you really suggesting that 2 days before a cup final our manager takes the captaincy away from our current captain and gives it to another player?

You reckon this is a good idea? Seriously?
It what world does this make any sense at all?

We've been going great this season despite a couple of hiccups.
So wait until 2 days before the biggest game of the season so far and start shaking things up?
Remind me what happened the last time Gerrard shook things up before a major match?

This is really the level of thinking we are at on FollowFollow?

Cup final in 2 days lads. What if we strip the captaincy from Tav and give it to, um, Ryan Jack?
Wonderful. It's a masterplan!

All the players love and respect Tav, believe it or not he kicks arse in the changing room & makes sure players are aware of our standards

Anyone who has met him knows how highly he values his captaincy

But hey ho, he’s a nervous speaker or not as confident as a Gough for example & should be stripped of captaincy

Gonna just %^*& off, get behind the players and stop being whiney cunts ffs

hE's NeVeR a CaPtAiN

No doubt we'll need to trudge our way through the genius questions like "how important is it that you win" before we get to injury doubts.

Forget Tav for a second, %^*& going into battle with you.

Aye Barry Ferguson was Churchillian in front of the media, away and give yourself peace.

All the players love and respect Tav, believe it or not he kicks arse in the changing room & makes sure players are aware of our standards

But hey ho, he’s a nervous speaker or not as confident as a Gough for example & should be stripped of captaincy

What?
No way!

We should strip Tav of the captaincy and bring Tony f*ckin Robbins in on a free transfer. Maybe he can do a Ted talk before the final. Or just give the captaincy to Ryan Jack, I dunno.

Also we should drop the two central defenders so that we can go into the most important, and potentially most challenging, match of the season with a completely new and untested defensive partnership.

You know, just like all the successful teams do before a big game.

Well you should because that was not the context but the fact you've waded in rabbling pish probably means you wouldn't understand the context anyway.

How much do I wish Jones was fit for this one. Could use his direct running on the opposite flank from Kent! Ojo has pace but rarely uses it and Arfield is a clever player but lacks the pace to press them higher up the pitch.

This is the kind of post that makes this forum a laughing stock. You're giving the captain of Rangers FC advice on how to conduct a press conference? How many have you done?

I cant be the only person that has seen this poster's nonsense written on here and think he's for the watching?

well said, too many moanin faced folk lookin for any excuse to stick the boot in & that's before we get the stick from outside, we have a massive game in less than 2 days folk need to get behind ALL of the team and roar them on to a great win NO F*CKING SURRENDER

Do you not want us to defend for our lives when we have to?
The mental gymnastics of some posters on here is astounding,looking for stuff that isn’t there,looking to be offended by comments in a press conference,any excuse to have a go at the captain of our club.

He's from Yorkshire they are all monotonous

Back