Cup Final Press Conference

Is it just me or did Tavernier sound like he always does in these situations?Bit deadpan giving monotone answers.Like he does everytime but people now want to make a big deal out of it?
I think he was very careful not to give them anything that could come back and bite him as he’s done before.
Probably told by Gerrard don’t give them any ammo.............also seemed to be suffering with a cold like the majority of Glasgow at the moment.

I cant be the only person that has seen this poster's nonsense written on here and think he's for the watching?

There's too many.

I'm not going to claim that my posts are in anyway good or that I somehow know what I am on about half the time.
Some of the stuff that gets posted on here is just jaw dropping at times.

I'd put it down to trolls and timposters but the number of times you hear crazy crazy stuff at the match itself down through the years is mad.
It just makes me think that some supporters think anything less than absolute perfection is unacceptable.

Lad at the Livingston game back in September was on Morleos back from near enough right after kick off. Then as soon as Alfie scores the guy is celebrating and singing Alfie's song like he didn't just spend about an hour berating the player over nothing basically.

It's the same with Tav. What can he possibly do to avoid supporters flipping out over every little thing? Just leave the club?

If I was a Celtic player watching that I'd be so up for the game it's unreal. He looks defeated.

Aye, as it's a well known fact that the Celtic team watch our pre-match pressers and then decide their motivation levels accordingly.

Some would say you're a drama queen looking for a reason to be negative.

Out of interest is there a reason why he was giving the PC without Gerrard?1 of the best things Gerrard has done in terms of press is sitting with the player on pre match PC. Helps players that are maybe not as strong in front of press and means he can tell press to GTF if they try any of their shite trying for headlines.

Out of interest is there a reason why he was giving the PC without Gerrard?1 of the best things Gerrard has done in terms of press is sitting with the player on pre match PC. Helps players that are maybe not as strong in front of press and means he can tell press to GTF if they try any of their shite trying for headlines.

Gerrards is separate for some reason?

All the players love and respect Tav, believe it or not he kicks arse in the changing room & makes sure players are aware of our standards

Anyone who has met him knows how highly he values his captaincy

But hey ho, he’s a nervous speaker or not as confident as a Gough for example & should be stripped of captaincy

Gonna just %^*& off, get behind the players and stop being whiney cunts ffs

I would say that he was being careful with his words not to give any shite soundbite to the media. How he is with the players is the important thing.

If Tav and the rest of the team interview like this on Sunday we are fucked. Calum McGregor' vocabulary stretches to 20 words. Lets hope Frather Forthster doesnt perform a soliloquy.

All the players love and respect Tav, believe it or not he kicks arse in the changing room & makes sure players are aware of our standards

Anyone who has met him knows how highly he values his captaincy

But hey ho, he’s a nervous speaker or not as confident as a Gough for example & should be stripped of captaincy

Gonna just %^*& off, get behind the players and stop being whiney cunts ffs

I’d like to request admin to allow me to like this about a million times.

Some of the stuff about Tav on this thread is utterly mental.

He looks the way he always looks and sounds in front of the press including interviews on our own club channel from people I'm sure he knows quite well.
Aye, as it's a well known fact that the Celtic team watch our pre-match pressers and then decide their motivation levels accordingly.

Some would say you're a drama queen looking for a reason to be negative.

I'm not. And top sportsmen look for any edge. There will be players and staff who will watch that and laugh.

I think it's a very poor presser pre cup final. I've a short post history but it's not particularly negative and I'm aware how ridiculous this forum is for drama queen's, but the truth is objectively think that is a poor way to present yourself before a big final.

If Tav and the rest of the team interview like this on Sunday we are fucked. Calum McGregor' vocabulary stretches to 20 words. Lets hope Frather Forthster doesnt perform a soliloquy.

Apparently they are changing the rules and if it's still even after extra-time the penalty shootout will be replaced with "why our team should win the cup" in 25 words or less.

I'm not. And top sportsmen look for any edge. There will be players and staff who will watch that and laugh.

I think it's a very poor presser pre cup final. I've a short post history but it's not particularly negative and I'm aware how ridiculous this forum is for drama queen's, but the truth is objectively think that is a poor way to present yourself before a big final.

The only thing they'll be laughing at is your belief that the Celtic players care about how Tav speaks in a press conference.

I'm hoping Kent will be the difference on Sunday, we were missing somebody like him in the game at Ibrox

although we cannot set up the same way either, their defence is for the taking
The defensive line up at the 0-2 is exactly what cost us. Ridiculous tactics given how poor their left back had been and big Jullien hadn’t found any form.

What were people expecting Tav to do, jump up on the table and shout No Surrender!?

He'll be dying to win on Sunday. As will the Gaffer. No fears in terms of motivation for me. Nothing meaningful is gained from these pressers.

It's the same way he presents himself everytime he goes in front of the press.

Surrup ya f*nny.

Maybe Tav should jump up on the desk and do a tap dance whilst singing Zippedeedoodaaa .Christ sake it's just the way the guy talks,They are schooled to beware of these low lifes in the press looking for a headline.

I think Borna will be fine but got a bad feeling about davis based on nothing but gut feeling

️ SG: You get a lot of opinions and keyboard warriors talking online about speculation, we have a few knocks and bumps but are hopeful of having a fully fit squad come Sunday.
Shocking way to talk about you mate :D

We find our level like we have done against them in the past, we win. We have pulverised them twice under Stevie G while they have done that zero times to us.

Our part is what we do better than them as well, turn up the noise, get behind the team and enjoy the ride. Let's Go, all aboard.

Back