Cup V Falkirk

That's what we done in McCoist first season. We were flying. He rested players in the cup v Falkirk. They beat us 3 2 and it derailed the season.
Falkirk are 3rd tier team now. If we can't bring in fringe players to beat them with ease then those players really shouldn't be at Rangers. Luckily we can and will.

I think he should play Balogun and Helander so they have some minutes under thir belt together incase we ever find ourselves in a position where Goldson is injured or suspended.
One of these 2 will be our choice of centre back on Thursday and any decision on who plays against Falkirk must be made after this game

McLaughlin

Tav
Balogun
Goldson
Bassey

Arfield
Zungu (If fit)
Hagi

Barker
Defoe
Itten

Hopefully Middleton gets some game time, I imagine one of the other youths either Dickson or King will be on the bench.

Might be a good game for Morelos to get his shooting boots back on and boost his confidence

One of these 2 will be our choice of centre back on Thursday and any decision on who plays against Falkirk must be made after this game
I'd imagine a decision on anyone that plays on Sunday will only be made after Thursday.

McLaughlin

Tav
Balogun
Helander
Bassey

Zungu
Barjonas
Hagi

Barker
Itten
Defoe

Yeah, I'd be happy with that line up, all the non-regulars there getting a much needed run out and should be more than capable of scudding Falkirk.

Intersting you included Barjonas, had completely forgotten about him. I'm not convinced he will start as hasn't even been on the bench in ages but tbh, if we don't give the lad a chance in games like this to see if he's up to it then there really is no point in him hanging around and assume he'll likely be moved on pronto.

He's only went 1 game without a goal.
plus after Alfie flying around the world on International duty, then playing Sunday, almost certain to play on Thursday as well I’d be very surprised if he played at all against Falkirk.

It’s a game for Itten to shine in.

Think there will be a good few changes imo, think we will see itten, zungu, could give Goldson a rest, barker, maybe even have a couple of youth players like mebude involved. Should be a routine victory either way.

McLaughlin

Patterson
Helander
Goldson
Bassey

Zungu
Kamara
Hagi

Roofe
Itten
Barker

Give Tav a rest, ease Helander back in, try and get Roofe and Itten game time together to link up well.

I wouldn't necessarily pick Barker but I think the gaffer will. I'd rather see Stewart get game time.

McLaughlin

Patterson
Helander
Goldson
Bassey

Zungu
Kamara
Hagi

Roofe
Itten
Barker

Give Tav a rest, ease Helander back in, try and get Roofe and Itten game time together to link up well.

I wouldn't necessarily pick Barker but I think the gaffer will. I'd rather see Stewart get game time.
Patterson will still be self isolating

Our bench could look like;
McGregor/Firth
Goldson
Barisic
Jack
Kamara
Aribo
Roofe
Kent
Morelos

Not bad.

Major changes for this one and I am not worried about the squad players coming in.
If we do start with McLaughlin, Bassey, Balogun, Hagi, Defoe, Barker, Itten and even give a run out to Edmunsdon, Jones and Stewart and some of the youth.
Still think we will win by 3 or 4.
Edmundson and Jones? :))

I'd be rotating the entire team for this match. Gives them plenty of rest between the Benfica and Standard Liege matches then we should hopefully have secured qualification and can rest a few players away to Lech Poznan.

Problem with Nathan Patterson isolating so leaves us a bit short at right back. But we should be able to give game time to those that are in need of it like Itten, Defoe, Zungu, Stewart, Barker.

How many changes did we make from the Benfica game to the Hamilton game? I think it was about 5 or 6.

No idea then why people think we can't cope with many changes against Falkirk after this Benfica game.

Patterson and Edmundson aren't available for this match. Jones I don't expect to see again.

Edmundson and Jones? :))
Yeah mate, if we write them off then their value will plummet so keep them involved in any game possible.
I do want both out asap but there is no point shooting ourselves in the foot by announcing they will never play again, we play it smart give them a couple of cup games and then steer them out the door while getting as much £ for them as possible.

Yeah mate, if we write them off then their value will plummet so keep them involved in any game possible.
I do want both out asap but there is no point shooting ourselves in the foot by announcing they will never play again, we play it smart give them a couple of cup games and then steer them out the door while getting as much £ for them as possible.
You missing they are on a 7 game ban yeah?

As strong a team as possible to start the game then make changes when we have a comfortable lead.
I don't want us to give the scum another chance of adding to their trophy haul, thus improving their confidence and belief in overtaking us in the league.

Really hope you're at the wind up? We haven't won silverware for 10 years. This is the next available competition we can win and I'm desperate to win it.
Not at all.

Obviously want to win it, but with the fixtures coming twice a week ago season, we need to prioritize.

Our second string team should comfortably win regardless

I think the squad will be used Sunday with big changes. The gaffer said something post Aberdeen game like "We now go to Thursday and we go full throttle" which I took it to suggest he wants the main boys to empty the tank again in full knowledge they will be given a week to recover.
Also bear in mind the likes of Kent, Tavernier, Roofe didnt play over the international break. Not a fan of the League Cup but come at a good time here.

Back