Current best 11?

Echo_1

For me, early days yet of course, Kamara keeps his spot in the middle. There's also a valid argument that Halliday should take that LB spot. My 11:

Shagger
Tav Goldson Worral Barisic
Kamara Arfield Jack
Candeias Alfie Kent

Subs:
Foderingham
Katic
Halliday
McCrorie
Davis
Middleton
Defoe

Harsh on Katic, McCrorie and Halliday but they just miss out for me. I believe Barisic will come good as he has the raw talent so I'd continue to pick him on the hope he starts going up the gears for the run in. Lafferty would make my bench but I can't find the room for him, the bench covers most positions and with Laff being 3rd best striker, he doesn't make it.

MaCauley, Flanagan and Grezda will find it hard to find a way back into the squad.

What's your team going into Sunday?

Edit: Forgot about CoolBilly for a moment there. In the same books as Laff for me.

Kamara must keep his place. We have a player on our hands here. Shagger the only change for Sunday Stevie G you sexy bast@rd :)

Kamara must keep his place. We have a player on our hands here. Shagger the only change for Sunday Stevie G you sexy bast@rd :)

Agreed. He has a bit of everything, passing, ball retention, quick feet, tackling and even won a few headers last night. Doesn't have the same bite and physicality as McCrorie but he does have much better awareness on the ball.

.................Greegs
Tav.....Goldson..Katic/Worral..Barisic
.................Kamara
..........Jack.......Arfield
................Kent
........Lafferty...Defoe

Or a similar team to last night provided they move the ball as quickly and directly.

If we were playing the filth this weekend and everyone was fit and nobody suspended, my team would be:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Worral Halliday
Jack Kamara Arfield
Candeias Morelos Kent

It's unfortunate for Ross McCrorie that he drops out but I think Kamara has already shown enough to merit the holding midfield position as his own at the minute.

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Worrall - Halliday

Jack - Kamara- Arfield

Candeias - Morelos - Kent
but as above, big away games, Ross McCrorie is a must.

Don’t think it’s about a best 11 for us so much as ‘horses for courses’ depending on opposition.

.................Greegs
.................Kamara
................Kent
........Lafferty...Defoe

Or a similar team to last night provided they move the ball as quickly and directly.

Same team I would pick.

.................Greegs
.................Kamara
................Kent
........Lafferty...Defoe

Might swap Jack with Kamara positionally

The OP ‘s team looks fine though I think McCrorie should be groomed for centre back. Worral will not be here come summer. ( is McCauly on loan or for 6 months?) . Two from Goldson Katic McCrorie.
MCCrorie can be brought in to midfield if required .
Another variant is a 4-4-2 with Defoe replacing Candieas ( depending on form ) . I’d like to see this. While Wednesday was a great performance we should be mindful it was against 10 men after half an hour. IF we struggle in the next game with the 4-3-3 then I’d like us to try
McGregor
Tav Goldson (McCrorie/Katic or Worral) Barisic
Jack Kamara Arfield Kent
Morelos Defoe

Back