Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

Why can't people go 90 mins without a trip to the bog? If you can't last out 90 mins stay home or buy a nappy. Nothing worse than getting up for a big worshipper to rub his way past you on his way there and back to do his business. Probably a member of subway loyal too who can't wait to get home to his own bog and his roll of Scott Brown bog paper.

Of all the misery-guts nonsensical rambling I've read on here this must take the cake.

Last edited:
Its been mentioned many times before. Bassey touched on it the other day in that Ajax video.

The gaps at the staircases. I know there is not much that can be done there and we wouldn't want to change too much to an iconic part of the stadium.

But as far as acoustics and crowd noise goes. Qould there not be something that could be done that is not very invasive in order to keep more of the noise inside the stadium? I'm sure with the technology we have now in 2022 there could be like some sort of acoustic wall that helps to keep the atmosphere in the stadium.

Just a thought.
tbh I don't think there is any issue with noise escaping out the staircase corners,and has been mentioned ,Ibrox is one of the loudest stadiums in the world .

for me personally one of the loudest and most intense atmosphere"s was the Kiev game in 87 and we had 4 open corners then.

tbh I don't think there is any issue with noise escaping out the staircase corners,and has been mentioned ,Ibrox is one of the loudest stadiums in the world .

for me personally one of the loudest and most intense atmosphere"s was the Kiev game in 87 and we had 4 open corners then.

I know that when Ibrox is blessed with these big nights our support create a noise like nothing barely matched anywhere.

All im asking is COULD it be improved slightly by keeping the noise contained within the ground.

Im no sound engineer or structural engineer but of we could even improve it a little just by installing some acoustic boards or something along those lines then every little helps.

Just a little suggestion.

I know that when Ibrox is blessed with these big nights our support create a noise like nothing barely matched anywhere.

All im asking is COULD it be improved slightly by keeping the noise contained within the ground.

Im no sound engineer or structural engineer but of we could even improve it a little just by installing some acoustic boards or something along those lines then every little helps.

That must be sooooo far down the list of priorities it’s fallen off when you consider we don’t have proper disabled facilities, reasonable toilets and the place has needed painted for 40 years.

The access at the sides of the main stand is needed for all sorts of things. Heavy machinery, lighting strips for the pitch, tractors and in the off season we now host concerts so need to build stages and lights etc. Any soundboarding would just be a big obstacle for the sake of a couple of decibels on a European night when it’s already load as f*ck

From the SLO - @Greg Marshall

"I will compile the feedback and speak with Levy staff to ensure they are aware of the issues raised and work towards solutions that benefit our support.

From my understanding, equipment improvements are pending which should naturally see an increase in consistency.

Fryers are not possible due to ventilation and the positioning of our kiosks (under seating deck generally).

If anyone wants to provide detailed feedback, please email slo@rangers.co.uk ."

Also Levy are soon to be introducing snack vans outside Ibrox very soon.

Glad to hear the club have finally listened to fans and are now trying to keep ontop of things.

Next up Rangers Stores, lets try and sell something in them other than clothes

Sort the WiFi out that doesn't work

Operate a ticketing system that doesn't give fans tickets in someone else's season ticket seat as well as all the seat numbers in the Club Deck being muddled up

Sort out the metal toilets that look like something out the 1970's with no lids. Like something out of The Shawshank Redemption.

Last edited:
Absolute bam pottery of the highest order.

Difficult to believe any sane bear is taken in by this.

Ibrox badly needs money spent on the concourses, surrounds , the handicapped, hospitality expansions, new proper modern curved screens for the corners, the office space within and corridors. It will cost a good few million just to do all that.

Any capacity increase will come as and when we can do it, with small incremental changes perhaps taking us up around 55,000 if we play our cards right and do it smartly.

We will never have or need a 72,000 capacity stadium unless we move on from playing in the Scottish league.

Ibrox badly needs money spent on the concourses, surrounds , the handicapped, hospitality expansions, new proper modern curved screens for the corners, the office space within and corridors. It will cost a good few million just to do all that.

Any capacity increase will come as and when we can do it, with small incremental changes perhaps taking us up around 55,000 if we play our cards right and do it smartly.

We will never have or need a 72,000 capacity stadium unless we move on from playing in the Scottish league.
We easily could be doing with a 60 - 65 thousand seater.

Maybe we could replace the seats we already have with ones all the same shade of blue.
I’ve seen at other stadiums a technique where they blow torch the seats and it returns them to their original colour think Sunderland and Motherwell have done it. Possibly something we could do with Ibrox being bigger get volunteers in, one blow torch each a section each and it would be done in jig time. Not sure on costs but certainly cheaper than replacing 50,000 seats.

I’ve seen at other stadiums a technique where they blow torch the seats and it returns them to their original colour think Sunderland and Motherwell have done it. Possibly something we could do with Ibrox being bigger get volunteers in, one blow torch each a section each and it would be done in jig time. Not sure on costs but certainly cheaper than replacing 50,000 seats.
I'm sure that doesn't last long once the plastic cools it's back to the way it was.

We could do with an extra 10K, but as someone posted earlier we’re only going to see incremental increases. How they do that, i don’t know, but it might involve filling in the corners of the main stand, digging down to increase rows and putting a small amount of seats where the screens are just now (we won’t be filling in the entire corner, however. That would involve huge costs.

65k would sell out regularly imho and should be economically viable if the engineering of the existing stands could take handle it without it getting too complex.

Could easily be done with hydraulic sound baffles. They could extend it from the broomloan and main stand and reflect noise as well as stopping part of the bloody wind in the enclosure. I’d also have them on the roof. Very pricey though, so probably not much of a priority.

People go on about the money and I get that but no club ever has the money for a new stadium, it’s financed and we would be able to do the same . Christ even l hearts were just out of admin and built a new main stand.

For me we have two choice.

1. Make small alterations to the stadium to bring it up to around 55k with the majority of these seats being hospitality seats so much bigger return

2. Knock down the three 70s stands and build three big and steep stands

People go on about the money and I get that but no club ever has the money for a new stadium, it’s financed and we would be able to do the same . Christ even l hearts were just out of admin and built a new main stand.

1. Make small alterations to the stadium to bring it up to around 55k with the majority of these seats being hospitality seats so much bigger return

The Hearts stand was in bad shape to be honest it really needed to come down.

It's unrealistic to do any major works at Ibrox at the moment or in the near future.

Its one of the reasons to get a good few seasons of financial results as will give us access to cheaper credit than what we can get just now to fund any of this of we wanted.

As you have said any major expansion is funded from a finance deal from future revenues of the expanded capacity.

We have pretty much outgrown the current footprint already, a proper redevelopment would cover the repayment costs mainly through the expansion of corporate seasonal offerings due to the price that could be charged.

Where do we play while construction is ongoing for option 2? I assume we don't just play on with one stand on the go.
And we don't want to be going to Hampden every week.

That was one thing I had hoped for as part of the 150th celebrations
No idea of the costs involved in that though.

When we first went to all blue seating ,it looked tremendous ,hopefully it's on the list of works we are working through.
Of course a complete refit brings in no money unless we add sponsors names.

Priority should be finishing the job in the Club Deck to improve legroom.

Rather than same shade seats which is the best looking imo, perhaps a “blue sea” effect that stands the test of time when we need to replace faded and broken seats.

Where do we play while construction is ongoing for option 2? I assume we don't just play on with one stand on the go.
Play at Ibrox probably.

If there is critical work that shuts down the pitch then move to Hampden for those.

We would hire hampden as it’s the logical choice that would keep all existing season ticket holders happy. We would be out a season max i

It doesn't matter what we could be doing with. It's unachievable due to the costs involved.
Indeed.

Unless something drastically change club finances, were we are getting 10's of millions in through TV or Sponsorship then Ibrox wont receive any big changes.

Tbh, I'm not sure there is much you can do with Ibrox due to water levels which seems to be mentioned a lot and structural stuff that has also been mentioned in this thread. We will probably have to build new stadium in another location, similar to what Arsenal had to do, as I am sure they too also had issues when first looking at developing Highbury before they settled for the move.

Back