• Ryan Kent

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walter_Smith

Official Ticketer
As things stand, who would be your vote for Player of the Year? It’s a real testament to the squad that it will likely go down to the wire, with a number of massive contributors playing well consistently.

Would have been Tav but form dropped off a little and now injured. My order would be Goldson, Tav, Davis, McGregot. Morelos and Kent making a late charge if they can keep current form up.

Goldson has played every minute of every game so far (I think) and has barely put a foot wrong. He's been excellent this season.

Slightly off topic... Anyone know why they always announce the player/team of the season well before the end of the season? Always found that odd about football.

Goldson for me. Ever present in a defence and team that has conceded so few goals.

Big Goldson shades it for me.
The big man has barely put a foot wrong.
He has been a great leader and really driven the team on,played more minutes than anyone else and chipped in with vital goals.
Every other player has played a massive part too.
The skill,desire ,fitness and hard work of each and every one of them has been magnificent.

Slightly off topic... Anyone know why they always announce the player/team of the season well before the end of the season? Always found that odd about football.
I always thot it was becos the end of the season the players and staff al go on there holidays meaning there wouldnt be any1 there to accept awards lol

The Scottish Player's Player of the Year usually have a shortlist of 4 they announce prior to announcing the winner.

Surely all 4 will be Rangers players this season. It's quite difficult even to predict what 4 it would be, I'd go for Tavernier, Goldson, Davis and McGregor.

Which means the likes of Kamara, Barisic, Kent, Morelos and Aribo miss out and they have been terrific.

Between Davis and Goldson for me.

Davis has shown time and again he is the best player in Scotland... but Goldson has been a rock this seasons and his level of consistency has been incredible.

I always thot it was becos the end of the season the players and staff al go on there holidays meaning there wouldnt be any1 there to accept awards lol

When are they, start of April normally? Just always seemed odd to me.

I still say Tav.

What's applicable to Goldson is also the same with Tav, part of that solid defence, but Tav's pushed on with some incredible numbers in goals / assists.

Any other season Steven Davis would’ve probably walked POTY awards with ease. But just for his consistent performances, ever presence and the teams defensive record it’s got to be Connor Goldson

Or Shane Duffy B-D B-D B-D B-D

A really tough call! Any of Tav, McGregor, Davis or Goldson could of been picked. I think it’s 50/50 between Goldson or Davis but I went with Goldson.... just!

Goldson has been immense and ever present all season, unbelievable levels of consistency.

Winning the league has been a team effort but for me our defence being so strong with Goldson at the heart of it is why we have won it.

Goalies rarely ever get it so for me it’s now a toss up between Goldson and Davis.

Personally I’d give it to the Ulsterman.

As great as Goldson’s been in anchoring the most miserly defence Scottish football has seen for years, Davis is the man who really makes us tick as a team.

He’s been fantastic from day one, and all the more remarkable considering he’s now 36 years young.

Really is a tough one for many reasons but Goldson for me, for the turn around in a year is remarkable.From being at fault with the game at home to Hamilton to now being the rock in which our team is built on.

Each player on the list has had moments through the season but Goldson's consistency and also the fact that he has played every minute of football in an incredible season.

Voted for Alfie but i think im just getting carried away after his goal at livi and his celebrations at the weekend
The beauty of this season is that most of the squad would be deserving winners and they have all played their part big and small

Tav' s goals and assists have been instrumental in our success this season.
It's a hard choice with so many outstanding candidates, but I'd go fo Tav.

This year is different, no one player is head and shoulders above the rest , this has been a great team effort from all of them

Connor has been my pick this year. Hasn't only kept us solid at the back but is a part of our build up play and those diagonal balls are superb in our attacking play at times.

Tav, but only just, from Goldson and Davis.

Honourable mentions for Kamara and McGregor too.

A number of players have been immense. For me Tav was the man who drove the heart of the team in Nov/Dec/Jan when we started to accelerate away from the oppo.

Our success this season has been built on our solid defense. The main man in that defence is Mr Connor Goldson. Plus he scored the 2 goals at the piggery which put us on course for 55

Goldson for me. Came back this season a more complete player and played every single minute so far this season. Absolute rock.

Also scored twice against the scum.

Goldson.jpg

Morelos for me. He has been outstanding, particularly from about December onwards.

It's a tricky one as all of the players mentioned have been great but, of that list, who do we miss the most when they don't play? Appreciate that can't be answered in terms of Goldson but, for the rest, it's Alfie for me.

Allan McGregor.
Not the popular choice clearly but he has been an absolute rock.
Important sensational saves at important times.

Voted for Tav i would have said Goldson or Davis as they have been solid all season but on reflection so has Tav along with those early months when he was absolutely Sensational and with his story coming to such a fantastic conclusion player of the year would be the icing on the cake .

Tav for me, his stats are incredible, bordering on ridiculous for a full back. He was also part of the defence that has been a rock for most of the season.

Close second is Goldson, but for sheer output it has to be the Captain.

We have had half a team who have been 8/9 out of 10 most weeks .
It’s actually a really difficult choice but I’d probably go for Davis

Wish I could give it to 3 or 4, Goldson,Tav,McGregor,Davis,Morelos,That’s 5 I’m struggling here.

Went for Goldson.

First half of the season it was Tavernier by a mile. Goldson’s consistency throughout the season puts him in with a great shout now and Davis has been excellent as well.

tav, for his offensive play, his defensive play, goals and leadership

he's contributed too much to be over-looked this season for this type of thing

I voted Davis.
Goldson has been solid, but SD has shaded it, for me. Honestly, it could have been any one from 4 or 5. It's that close

Back