• Alfredo Morelos

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Ryan Kent

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tav for me, whilst he has tailed off, his first half of the season he was the driving force behind this season.

The Scottish Player's Player of the Year usually have a shortlist of 4 they announce prior to announcing the winner.

Surely all 4 will be Rangers players this season. It's quite difficult even to predict what 4 it would be, I'd go for Tavernier, Goldson, Davis and McGregor.

Which means the likes of Kamara, Barisic, Kent, Morelos and Aribo miss out and they have been terrific.
I’d be willing to wager that the shortlist will not be 4 of our players.

Goldson! played every minute, scored 2 at parkhead and has stepped up a level this year at the back.

That doesn't take away from how good Tav has been at times and McGregor has pulled off world class saves to get us over the line and far in Europe!

It should probably be Connor Goldson, though Tav was cruising it until his injury. Nevertheless, I've voted for Tav. The Rangers Captain for this momentous season is the rightful winner and his performances in the first three quarters of the season definitely merit it.

Tav for his exceptional first half of the season, though any of the players would be worthy winners.

I would have said Tav before Christmas, but the one that's been the most consistent and vital over the piece has been Connor Goldson.

McGregor for me. When points could have been spilled he’s been the man - Killie (A), Hibs and Celtic at Ibrox, Hamilton (A)

I find it so hard to pick one. I know if I did, I'd change my mind tomorrow. We've come a long way from Darren McGregor as player of the year, that's for sure.

Duffy B-D

Goldson for me, and has been for a while. Like a good few of the players, and coaching staff, he is one that from the semi final v them and post Dubai last season that has it drilled into them that THAT wont happen again.

I always remember the celebrations after beating them, Tav / Arfield scoring I'm sure, there's a picture of Goldson looking at the Broomloan with the look on his face that says "Now I fkn get it"

Been a standout all season and despite having different partners in defence has been a rock

Without the injury Tav was odds-on.

Now I think there are 5-6 players deserving; Goldson, Borna, Davis, Greegsy, wouldn't be surprising winners.

Kamara, Hagi, Morelos, Kent had a few short 'off' spells but have been fantastic. The team have been immense.

Slightly off topic... Anyone know why they always announce the player/team of the season well before the end of the season? Always found that odd about football.
I remember Gordon Strachan winning Manager of the Year in 2009 despite Walter Smith winning the league and Scottish Cup. That was announced a good few weeks before season end.

Davis / Tav or Goldson for me - happy to listen to arguments for either as they are all deserving in there own way.

I couldn't decide between Goldson, Tav, McGregor or Davis anyone of those four would deserve it.
Add Kamara and Barisic to that list in the OP and you have the outstanding performers in the team with the rest of the team close behind.

I wonder who Gerrard would choose as his player of the year?

Connor Goldson.

There have been some unbelievable consistently high performers this season but Goldson wins it for me.

Such a hard decision but I went for Goldson for this reason:

The football has been beautiful and everyone has played their part. However, the clean sheets and 1-0 wins has been the crucial element to the tile win so I think it should be a defender. With that in mind Goldson edges Tav for me as he leads our defence. McGregor also deserves to be in the conversation, as does Davis. Davis not only sets the tempo of attack, but his intelligent positioning is what allows Tav and Borna to attack so freely.

What a brilliantly assembled team we have. Great recruitment and great coaching.

Can I have 4 votes????!

I’d be willing to wager that the shortlist will not be 4 of our players.
No doubt you're right, but who else has been even close to the consistent excellence of Tavernier, Goldson, Davis or McGregor?

Goldson, 2 goals conceded at home all season and he’s easily been the most consistent performer at a high level.

Look forward to the next poll after Thursday

I'm honestly shocked some people are saying McGregor. Must be a case of recency bias IMO. The opposite is why some aren't saying Tav - because his best form was pre Christmas (although still excellent since).

He's pulled off some big saves for us in big games, but c'mon, for the first half of the season a lot of the time he had nothing to do...plus he missed quite a lot of games where McLaughlin was keeping clean sheets (10 overall I think)?

For me it's between Tav and Goldson. Davis would be next in line then potentially Kamara.

No one but Turnbull or Edouard will be in the SFA running.

Won't surprise me at all but it'll be laughable considering Turnbull couldn't get a game for months.

I voted for Tav but there's honestly a fag paper between he and Goldson.

One thing, if it isn't Tav, he's still picking up the cup and that makes me smile.

Goldson has played every match, and is the key component to a defence that's breaking clean sheet records. He's stepped up as captain in Tav's absence and he's chipped in with a decent haul of goals...

Including a brace agains Celtic!

For those reasons, he'd be my pick.

I'm honestly shocked some people are saying McGregor. Must be a case of recency bias IMO. The opposite is why some aren't saying Tav - because his best form was pre Christmas (although still excellent since).

He's pulled off some big saves for us in big games, but c'mon, for the first half of the season a lot of the time he had nothing to do...plus he missed quite a lot of games where McLaughlin was keeping clean sheets (10 overall I think)?

For me it's between Tav and Goldson. Davis would be next in line then potentially Kamara.

Won't surprise me at all but it'll be laughable considering Turnbull couldn't get a game for months.

Suggestions of McGregor are mental, he’s had some phenomenal saves and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone but he’s also had the deck chair and cigar out for more games than most keepers will in a season thanks to the players sitting in front of him.

Goldson. The defensive rock we have missed for so long, he’s been at the heart of everything good that’s happened at the back.

Oh, and he scored twice against the mentally challengeds as well as helping keep clean sheets against them so far!

Tav as captain, with the amount of goals he’s scored and assists would have been my first choice earlier in the season, but Goldson trumps him for me.

A colossus.

So tough, Tav with his stats, Goldson ever present and a rock, Greegs worth so many points this season, Alfredo who once he recovered has been unplayable, but I've gone for Steven Davis, he has been incredible.

So close between Goldson and Tav. Went for Tav just because his stats are incredible and I am a bit biased because of what he has had to go through to get to this point.

Goldson has been incredible this season, he has been fantastic every week.

I’m really struggling to pick one to be honest

Might be an absolutely mental idea but how about we give them all player of the year for what they’ve achieved? How do you think that would be received?

I think I’d have to say big Goldson. “Attack wins games, defence wins titles”. Never a truer word spoken thinking about this season and big G is to thank for that.

Tav for me, his stats are incredible, bordering on ridiculous for a full back. He was also part of the defence that has been a rock for most of the season.

Close second is Goldson, but for sheer output it has to be the Captain.

Yep, it’s unbelievable that Goldson and Davis don’t win but has to be Tav. Just about everybody else has had exceptional periods but those three have been consistently superb with Tav in another planet the st half of the season.

Back