Current state of the store at Ibrox as of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t aware that was the case mate.

That being brought to light I hope all those who were made to serve under that fat lady's front bottom and incur the wrath of fans who didn’t have the sense to realise they were just doing a job and earning a wage by working there, are given jobs in the new store.
Most of them were all on zero hours contracts which in this day and age is disgraceful and not knowing what your pay packet was from one week to the other is just as bad, he treats his workers appallingly and mearest hint of a complaint and it's out the door.

People in the store were helpful and polite and mostly Gers fans, i'm hoping they apply for the vacancy's that will be available, with a proper contract of employment and earn a decent wage.

I also wish that the fatmans employees would just all walk out en mass and leave him right in the shit, I long for the day he shuffles of the mortal coil, I don't drink,but i'll have a large glass if that happens. He's one horrible reptile.

Just wondering how the store was coming along, really excited about this for the club. Anyone got any cool stories walking past it recently?

Took a drive round today, didn't get any pictures but the outside of the store is coming on. They are starting to put up pictures of the players in the windows. The gaffer, Tav and Scotty Arfield were the ones I spotted on the front to the left of the front doors. The right was still the old vinyls, but massive progress being made. Looked like some stock was inside on runner rails, but couldn't see what it was.

Visually it looks spectacular coming round the corner!

Would love them to replace the dark brown cladding on the Sandy Jardine. Grey would look quite good, I think.
I'd love them to do a glass frontage on these stands for the exterior with say the club crest stained into the glass for project 2022. Give them a makeover. But the club did confirm that they would give them a lift

Anybody have the opening hours for Thursday/Friday?
Is it ticket only on Friday as well as Thursday?

Even just the outside from the photos shows the difference between the new partnership and the old shop run by Fatty. Cannae wait to go in

I'm heading to Ibrox today to put some flowers down for my late Dad's birthday. Is it still possible, with the roadworks, to get in and park beside the club shop as his brick is just at the shop end of the Sandy Jardine ?
I was there a week ago m8 and you could enter off Edmiston Drive as normal and drive round the back of the Broomloan and Govan as normal. However no exit onto Edmiston Drive from the Copland end and you have to reverse your journey and exit by the TO slip road onto Broomloan Road.

Respects to your Dad.

I'm heading to Ibrox today to put some flowers down for my late Dad's birthday. Is it still possible, with the roadworks, to get in and park beside the club shop as his brick is just at the shop end of the Sandy Jardine ?
Last time I was over I parked at the bottom of the wee staircase at the back of the Copland and just walked.

It looks great and maybe we could get some form of lighting to shine up towards the Welcome to Ibrox part which would finish it off.

Job well done Rangers, fair play

It looks great and maybe we could get some form of lighting to shine up towards the Welcome to Ibrox part which would finish it off.

Job well done Rangers, fair play

I thought there was lighting there already? I’m sure there was last year.

Anyone planning on queuing up overnight before it opens?

Genuinely excited to visit the store. With the complete tear down and refit, added to the fact I haven't set foot in it for years (apart from to sign in for the Founders Trail a couple of years ago) it will feel like a completely new Rangers experience.

Anybody have the opening hours for Thursday/Friday?
Is it ticket only on Friday as well as Thursday?
Thursday is 11am till 6pm.
Access is only MyGers and VIP,entry by prebooked time slots.
Entry by complimentary advanced store entry ticket was Thursday only.

Last edited:
I hope someone can do a pic that shows the comparison between our new store and a Sports Direct store...
I’m going in tomorrow and will take a picture,don’t have any of Fatty’s Bazaar to compare just need to conjure up an image of those £3 umbrellas and the five pack of Donnay sports socks on the ”megadeal”.

Really looking forward to seeing pics of the store when it opens tomorrow.

I went into the old Megastore once and it was a depressing experience. Great to see it all being brought up to the correct standards for our club!

As sad as it may be, I do love keeping an eye out for these types of stadium improvement threads.
from the pictures so far, the signage and club shop will finally be a place to behold again.
Cannot wait to take a trip over when next home and spend some money in there.
plans certainly seem exciting with the very real prospect of being able to visit the club shop, upgraded argyle house restaurant, museum etc.

I passed that way on Monday. Edmiston drive closed at roundabout so can't get behind Govan stand. Park nearby and walk ?

As sad as it may be, I do love keeping an eye out for these types of stadium improvement threads.
from the pictures so far, the signage and club shop will finally be a place to behold again.
Cannot wait to take a trip over when next home and spend some money in there.
plans certainly seem exciting with the very real prospect of being able to visit the club shop, upgraded argyle house restaurant, museum etc.
Nothing sad about it mate.

Does anyone know if the store will be open to everyone from Saturday onwards?

With the team being in Germany I wonder who it will be. Might be a new signing Roofe or Itten

I passed that way on Monday. Edmiston drive closed at roundabout so can't get behind Govan stand. Park nearby and walk ?

You can. Someone mentioned it earlier. You can still go onto Edmiston Drive and drive round to Argyle House. To get out you have to go back down the one way route the way you came and then down the slip road at the Broomloan. I've done it myself about 5 times in the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back