Curtis Jones

Beech

What a fantastic young player he is. I can't see him getting into Liverpool's stacked midfield for another couple of years though, and would love him here at Rangers on loan. Though it might be a long shot. But despite being a kid he's physically a fair unit, and certainly has the attitude and mentality to not allow himself to get bullied in the SPL. I think he's going to be a fantastic player for Liverpool and England in the coming years, yet he doesn't get half the hype Phil Foden does, although perhaps understandably so.

Think theres almost no chance of getting him on loan as I imagine even a few English prem teams would be interested if he as available on loan. A fantastic prospect

Think theres almost no chance of getting him on loan as I imagine even a few English prem teams would be interested if he as available on loan. A fantastic prospect

Yeah, probably wishful thinking. Though Gerrard is his idol apparently, which is understandable as he's (Jones) also a Scouser and Liverpool fan. So stranger things have happened in football. I just think he would completely boss it up here.

I haven't seen him play but if he is good enough to play for us, then I don't see why Liverpool wouldn't want to send him here. Every player they have sent has had more than their fair share of opportunities. Why not ask the question?

He has the strangest scouse accent I’ve ever heard and I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Liverpool.

His normal voice sounds like Joey Barton’s Marseille press conference.

Liverpool seem to have a stonking youth academy!!!

Without saying Alexander-Arnold is the finished article, because he's far from it, I think Jones has the same sort of ability and potential. But he will find it much more difficult to find a place in Liverpool's midfield than AA did at right-back, where he took over from James Milner really.

Nico Williams will also become a very good full-back, and Rhian Brewster will score goals in the EPL for whoever he joins just as long as he's starting games, and wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Liverpool in a few years time if and when they sell him.

Was this the boy that scored that stinker against everton in the cup last year?

Yeah, that's the one. He has that in his locker. Scored a couple last night for a second string Liverpool side, albeit against very limited opposition. But I've seen a fair bit of him and I've always been impressed by both his ability and temperament.

He was very close to Gerrard when he coached him - he took #17 this season because Gerrard wore it his break through season . If they were going to send him out it would have been last season or the season before. I’m sure we asked the question.

I’ve been hoping for this for over a year now but I think he is now not far from being a useful squad player for Liverpool unfortunately. Last year might have been the chance.

He was very close to Gerrard when he coached him - he took #17 this season because Gerrard wore it his break through season . If they were going to send him out it would have been last season or the season before. I’m sure we asked the question.
James Pearce - extremely reliable Liverpool reporter - said it was quite close last summer but never materialised for some reason.

Shame really. If played as an attacking midfielder I think he would get into double figures for goals and assists over a season quite easily. He's always looked like scoring every time he's pulled on a Liverpool shirt and I've seen them play, even if he's only come on as a sub.

Brewster would get bullied, but Jones would love the physical stuff.

Last edited:
Without saying Alexander-Arnold is the finished article, because he's far from it, I think Jones has the same sort of ability and potential. But he will find it much more difficult to find a place in Liverpool's midfield than AA did at right-back, where he took over from James Milner really.

Nico Williams will also become a very good full-back, and Rhian Brewster will score goals in the EPL for whoever he joins just as long as he's starting games, and wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Liverpool in a few years time if and when they sell him.
Alexander-Arnold may yet improve but what is the finished article in his case?

He's brilliant.

If he doesn't improve and maintained his current performance levels for a decade he'll have been one of the best right backs ever.

Alexander-Arnold may yet improve but what is the finished article in his case?

He's brilliant.

If he doesn't improve and maintained his current performance levels for a decade he'll have been one of the best right backs ever.

He's brilliant going forward but can definitely improve defensively. There's nothing wrong with him being much better going forward than defending and he will get away with it to a large extent in a side like Liverpool. But he's still what, 7 or 8 years away from what should be his peak. So he can and should only get better.

Back