Curtis Woodhouse on Ryan Giggs

If Giggs played for England they woumd a won the WC or the Euros. A truly sensational player, fit as a fiddle and adapted when the pace went in later years.

This whole belief among the new generation that he wasnt anything special is a total farce.

Forget about how he behaved off the field, on it he was a top class pro who could have had the pick of clubs in his prime.

I can't much stand Di Canio, Ronaldo, and plenty others.
Doesn't really make him a worse footballer though.
Cannae remember Di Canio or Ronaldo being absolute (unts and knobbing their brothers wife.
Di Canio was a wanker and tbh I cant understand the negative feelings folk have towards Ronald but neither the 2 of them are as reprehensible as Giggs...imo

Cannae remember Di Canio or Ronaldo being absolute (unts and knobbing their brothers wife.
Di Canio was a wanker and tbh I cant understand the negative feelings folk have towards Ronald but neither the 2 of them are as reprehensible as Giggs...imo
Again, being a shite person doesn't stop you being an exceptional footballer.
As poor as it is to say, a selfish, determination to do exactly what you want may actually aid both.

An excellent footballer no doubt in a great side.

Wasn’t the young Northern Irish kid Adrian Docherty meant to be better than him in the youth teams because he could play both sides?

Sad that the kid had no interest in playing football whatsoever.

In a way, Giggs is a victim of his longevity.

The last 7 or 8 years of his career weren’t about Giggs the flying winger, but a central playmaker. Not as glamorous or exciting as being an attacking winger but still a hugely influential player in a very successful Man Utd team.

A horrible man but a brilliant professional.

I don't need to. I watched their entire careers :D

Genuine question then, why didn't Scholes' peers rate him that highly whilst he was playing? Rarely nominated for awards, never anywhere near Ballon d'Or lists etc?

Gerrard and Lampard both finished in the top 2/3.

And your evidence to back that up was " because he isn't Messi or Ronaldo" which makes me pretty sad, as it would mean we haven't had an exceptional footballer ever going by that logic.
If you are going to quote someone at least get it correct. I said "Giggs isnt exceptional. Ronaldo and Messi are in that class, Giggs nowhere near" Never said there arent other exceptional players. Im saying Giggs isnt one of them. Loads have been exceptional but i just used those as examples. Really not difficult to understand. Please dont be sad

Can’t remember how long it was but one of our games in the Champions league against Man Utd I thought Scholes ran the game, I was very impressed.
I’m a great believer in you have to see the player play the game. No respect from me if you just watch them on TV and try to push your opinion down others throats.
I made the same point about Le Tiss recently. Get of your arses guys and see some football round the world before you just mouth off on social media.

Similar player to Schumacher, started off as a winger, then went back into midfield as a playmaker. Although if my memory's not playing tricks, Schumacher dropped back to midfield at an earlier stage in his career. Both great players, but Schumacher better for me.

Woodhouse of course talking shite.

Giggs was a world class player for years.
Yes he was no doubt about it. BUT he shagged his brothers mrs which isn’t just crossing the line it’ makes him a horrible human being. Got away very lightly for that. No time for him after that and find it hard to remember how good a player he was.

Giggs was a good player.

that being said, I’d have about 20 different best elevens of all time, before I even thought about including him. Even at that, I’d probably never consider him.

Giggs wasn’t world class, imo anyway, but he was a good player.

Ditto

Scholes is the best of the three without doubt for me, he is the one the top European players held in highest esteem the likes of Xavi etc

Neither Beckham, Giggs or Rooney were overrated either.

Crazy talk tbh.

Just not held in high enough esteem for them to ever vote for him when it came to the Ballon d'Or lists...which Lampard and Gerrard managed a top 2/3 finish in their careers. Voted for by their peers.

Folk just don't want to admit being wrong. Probably the same types who still claim that Maradona won a World Cup by himself. :rolleyes:

Lampard:
- Ballon d’Or: 2nd place (1)
- Fifa player of the year 2nd place (1)
- PFA Prem Team of the Year: (3)
- Premier league player of the season(1)
- Prem player of the month (4)
- FWA footballer of the year (1)
- England player of the year (2)
- Fifa world xi (1)
Total:14

Gerrard:
- Ballon d’Or: 3rd place (1)
- UEFA footballer of the year: (1)
- PFA player of the year: (1)
- PFA Prem Team of the Year: (8)
- Prem player of the month (6)
- FWA footballer of the year (1)
- England player of the year (2)
- Fifa world xi (3)
- UEFA team of the year (3)
Total: 26

Paul Scholes:
- Prem player of the month (4)
- PFA Team of the year (2)
Total: 6

Ballon d’Or nominations and votes:

Steven Gerrard: 6 nominations, 220 votes

Frank Lampard: 5 nominations, 169 votes

Paul Scholes: 5 nominations, 0 votes.

*Scholes with less Ballon d'Or votes than Premier League players like Adrian Mutu and Papa Bouba Diop.

Can’t remember how long it was but one of our games in the Champions league against Man Utd I thought Scholes ran the game, I was very impressed.
I’m a great believer in you have to see the player play the game. No respect from me if you just watch them on TV and try to push your opinion down others throats.
I made the same point about Le Tiss recently. Get of your arses guys and see some football round the world before you just mouth off on social media.

The person 'mouthing off' (Curtis Woodhouse) has played against them, which is obviously more than you've done...just saying.

curiously when i mentioned previous 'its all about trophies' you replied it wasnt but you're now using a football award to judge players :D

curiously when i mentioned previous 'its all about trophies' you replied it wasnt but you're now using a football award to judge players :D

Well there's obviously a clear difference between team trophies and individual awards.

Very true. When Giggs broke through Man U had just become the darlings of the EPL and had cash to burn. Giggs was always going to get rave reviews. He was a talent, there is no doubt about that. But Man U had some team and were light years ahead of everyone in that league in the 90's (Arsenal came towards the end).

From about 2000 onwards I can't really say Giggs was outstanding.

The year he won POTY was a sympathy vote. Was that 2010?

2008/2009 season.

He managed.something like 28 games with 2 goals and 7 assists.

Our manager I think got 16 goals and 11 assist that same season.

They even have corruption in England. Similar to the season Fernando won the POTY.

Similar player to Schumacher, started off as a winger, then went back into midfield as a playmaker. Although if my memory's not playing tricks, Schumacher dropped back to midfield at an earlier stage in his career. Both great players, but Schumacher better for me.

Woodhouse of course talking shite.
Schumacher?

Curtis Woodhouse was once so rattled by a troll he managed to track him down and drove a certain amount of miles to his street. He is also a failed boxer

Does that mean he's not allowed an opinion on football?
Of course he does, but being a bang average player, and a bit of a loud mouth throbber on social media doesn’t make his opinion correct.

It’s just an opinion like anyone else on here.

I think he is talking absolute shite about a key player in the most dominant team in EPL history. Others may agree with him.

Of course he does, but being a bang average player, and a bit of a loud mouth throbber on social media doesn’t make his opinion correct.

It’s just an opinion like anyone else on here.

I think he is talking absolute shite about a key player in the most dominant team in EPL history. Others may agree with him.
It doesn't make him correct, but I'd wager that he played at a higher level than anybody on here and also played against Ryan Giggs. Just because he's a loudmouth on social media doesn't make him wrong.

Curtis Woodhouse was once so rattled by a troll he managed to track him down and drove a certain amount of miles to his street. He is also a failed boxer

A failed boxer?

The guy played professional football for years, switched to boxing and won a British title. I'd hardly call that a failure.

BTW people keep saying that he was calling Giggs shite. He wasn't.

No more laughable than saying it about Giggs.That's my opinion for the level of fame and hype the guy got you would have thought he was the best player in the World when in fact he was nowhere near it.
Sounds like you bought into the media hype. Beckham as a player was brilliant.

Back