Czech Rep v Northern Ireland

Some scoreline that!

Good to see Jordan Thompson getting a start he looks to have kicked on well with his career since leaving us.

Excellent score line but I have to ask, what sort of lineup the Czechs have out? They had a huge qualifier just two days ago so could be resting quite a few

Are we allowed to like McNair?
images

I think we'll allow it

Not by finishing 3rd per say. As it stands it would take a massive amount of shocks to put us out of a play off. If it finished now we would be away to Bosnia for the semi final.

A play off is virtually guaranteed.

Was looking at it and if 4 teams above us in league B fail to qualify, they’ll make up that group which might be ideal.

It’s probably just Iceland in league A failing to qualify so if we are 5th in league B we’d become the 2nd team in their play off group which will be completed by 2 league c teams that are outwith the top 4 play off places in that group.

That’d give us a home semi final against a league C team like Israel, then probably Iceland in the final.

There’s also a reasonable chance we’ll be away to the Republic in Dublin if Bosnia catch Finland in their group, I’d fancy us to beat them and it’d likely be Slovakia or Wales in the final.

A play off is virtually guaranteed.

Was looking at it and if 4 teams above us in league B fail to qualify, they’ll make up that group which might be ideal.

It’s probably just Iceland in league A failing to qualify so if we are 5th in league B we’d become the 2nd team in their play off group which will be completed by 2 league c teams that are outwith the top 4 play off places in that group.

That’d give us a home semi final against a league C team like Israel, then probably Iceland in the final.

There’s also a reasonable chance we’ll be away to the Republic in Dublin if Bosnia catch Finland in their group, I’d fancy us to beat them and it’d likely be Slovakia or Wales in the final.

It is so complicated. Looks certain we are in the play offs with a one leg semi on 26th March and a one leg final on 31st March. Who we play and whether home or away is harder to predict especially as UEFA insist on keeping the host nations apart (the same rule that gave us Germany and Netherlands rather than the original team, Republic).

Think I will book cheap flights to Amsterdam and take it from there.

The story goes that Martin O'Neil and the FAI were trying to poach players from NI who are from Catholic backgrounds to play for them. They assumed that Paddy McNair because of his name he was a left footer but were told by him in no uncertain terms by him of where his loyalties lay.

It is so complicated. Looks certain we are in the play offs with a one leg semi on 26th March and a one leg final on 31st March. Who we play and whether home or away is harder to predict especially as UEFA insist on keeping the host nations apart (the same rule that gave us Germany and Netherlands rather than the original team, Republic).

Think I will book cheap flights to Amsterdam and take it from there.

It looks like we’re more likely to be away for the semi. Minefield mate and you can never go too far wrong with Amsterdam anyway.:))

ExcitableFabulousEmeraldtreeskink-small.gif

The story goes that Martin O'Neil and the FAI were trying to poach players from NI who are from Catholic backgrounds to play for them. They assumed that Paddy McNair because of his name he was a left footer but were told by him in no uncertain terms by him of where his loyalties lay.

Did something like this not happen with Celtic and McNair in the summer, can vaguely remember it.

Certainly doesn’t hide his allegiances on his Instagram,

Did something like this not happen with Celtic and McNair in the summer, can vaguely remember it.

Reading between the lines McNair told them to %^*& right off in the summer.

Back