Czech Republic battling worst COVID surge in the world

Probably just end up like the champions league games and the Arsenal Benfica game played in another country somewhere.

That's a different issue. If they are not permitted to leave their country for the tie then they will forfeit the tie 3 nil. Likewise if they didn't let us in.
What happens in these circumstances if they win 5-0 in the first leg but then aren't allowed to leave the country? Do we automatically get awarded a 6-0?

Why were both Benfica v Arsenal legs at neutral venues then?
Because neither country would allow the other country access

I’d highly doubt they would be prevented from travelling anywhere

They are 2 different things, 1 is already proven to be happening. Not seen a club banned from going anywhere as yet.

I wonder what conspiracy the manky mob will come up with
They started saying it seconds after the draw. “I’m sure they’re being hammered by covid” “somewhere in Prague a footballer starts coughing and a manager gets pulled in for a chat”.

Because neither country would allow the other country access

I’d highly doubt they would be prevented from travelling anywhere

They are 2 different things, 1 is already proven to be happening. Not seen a club banned from going anywhere as yet.
How utterly absurd is that? 30 folk can’t travel in a ‘bubble’ to another country and vice versa

but 60 folk can go to a third country. Twice.

and the only people they will interact with us each other :D

Looks like they're heading towards a third peak

a7f9adb7a356f1efb4023c1ee859eb9b.png

How utterly absurd is that? 30 folk can’t travel in a ‘bubble’ to another country and vice versa

but 60 folk can go to a third country. Twice.

and the only people they will interact with us each other :D
It is absolutely ludicrous

Defeats the purpose of the whole "bubble" nonsense

If we can’t play in Czech Rep then they won’t play us at Ibrox and we’ve the mentally challengeds a few days later. Don’t want extra travel.

Why were both Benfica v Arsenal legs at neutral venues then?
Because England's red list has Portugal on it meant that both Benfica and Arsenal would have to quarantine on arrival for 10 days no exemptions for sports

That's a different issue. If they are not permitted to leave their country for the tie then they will forfeit the tie 3 nil. Likewise if they didn't let us in.
I thought if your government didn’t let a side in, you had to find a neutral venue or forfeit the tie?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AT36R

Just noticed this on the BBC daily update - any ideas if this is going to have a knock on effect for us, given we’re due to play there a week on Thursday?
My daughter lives in Prague, hospitals are full, run out of ICU beds. The people had an anti mask, anti lockdown demo last week.
It's getting pretty grim there at the moment. Not much in the way of vaccine from the EU, but Israel has donated some vaccine for them.

The Czech Republic don’t have a lot of clout in European football so there may not be a queue of countries lining up to offer facilities or even elite athlete status travel to Slavia.

If that is the case, then they could, and only could at this time, be made to forfeit the tie.

How much would drive the east Enders over the edge? :D

The lockdown rules just worsened here in Prague today to the most extreme they have ever been. Your not to leave home and if you do your not allowed out of the district you live in with 300,000 troops deployed to make sure it's upheld.

They are deadly serious about this one. Game could well be impacted, hospitals are looking to shift Czech people out to Poland and Germany it's that bad.

Probably just end up like the champions league games and the Arsenal Benfica game played in another country somewhere.
Aye another country on the other side of Europe to both of them!

Seems daft that in these times the solution to get round the travel issues were to make the
both travel even further to Greece. I'm sure that may have been the only available permitted venue but still odd

The lockdown rules just worsened here in Prague today to the most extreme they have ever been. Your not to leave home and if you do your not allowed out of the district you live in with 300,000 troops deployed to make sure it's upheld.

They are deadly serious about this one. Game could well be impacted, hospitals are looking to shift Czech people out to Poland and Germany it's that bad.
Sad times.

Could you imagine the amount of Rangers fans that would have travelled to Prague if this shit wasn’t happening?

stay safe

If we can’t play in Czech Rep then they won’t play us at Ibrox and we’ve the mentally challengeds a few days later. Don’t want extra travel.
I think Hoffenhiem (sp?) Played Molde at home despite playing Molde away in Villarreal and not Molde.

Molde playing a home game in Villarreal goes to show they don't have to play these games anywhere near the effected countries.

Come to think of it. Man Utd play Real Sociedad in Manchester despite playing the first tie in Turin.

That sounds grim man.

I wonder when we’d hear if the game is to be moved, or worse, forfeited.

Sounds bad stay safe mate.

Interesting that you live in Prague mate , can I ask why ?

Looks like they're heading towards a third peak

a7f9adb7a356f1efb4023c1ee859eb9b.png
On my daily watch of Dr Campbell he highlighted this and I did think our game may be in some doubt in terms of us going there equally will they be let into the U.K.?

Im sure i read when the draw for last round was made if u have to change venue because of covid you have to let UEFA know so many days in advance
they is a cut out day ie 10 days before
maybe some one might know ?

Just through life and work I've lived in many places. Prague has been home for a good few years now. The other replies quoting the beer quality/price, and the hospitality of Goldfingers etc are spot on as well. Why Prague?, Aye Ready!.

I love the city but i'll be honest a shiver still runs through me now and then as the living room window looks towards Victoria Zizkov's hovel (blocked from sight but just 10 mins away on foot). I still shake my head and wonder any time i have to pass. I'm very confident that we can get a result against SK Slavia Praha that will eclipse that blast from the past though.

Back