Dad.... Are we really going to win the league??

My eldest is 6. She just asks how Alfie played and gets upset if he doesn’t play or doesn’t score. She’s got all his songs nailed. But is moulding my 3 year old into a little bear too. “Because it’s who we are” :))

I don’t think she gets the whole championship stuff yet. She will when it happens though!

Last edited:
My 7 year old keeps asking if we’ll definitely win the league after the last couple of seasons, finally for the first time tomorrow I can say we certainly will wee man. And to top it off my 4 year old daughter walks about all day singing a medley of the Alfredo Morelos chant and buffalo soldier! Apparently she was sitting playing in nursery while singing away to herself.

Exactly the same in this house - i've just this week started sharing with him my videos and pictures of winning the league at Killie - he's buzzing.

He's watched some utter dross with us (home and away for the last 6/7 years) - i'm currently sitting on eBay ordering all the tat i would usually buy on the way out of the ground after winning the league B-)

Last edited:
Three sons.

None of them seen us win a major trophy.

To say they are excited is an understatement.

Am sure many bears are on the same boat :)

Season tickets the lot.

It's such an amazing feeling.
Makes it worth it. :)

That must feel great and I envy you, hope you saviour it for a very long time when it comes. 55

My 10 year old said last night it would be the first time he had seen Rangers win the league. Said I would dig out the picture of him as a baby with the Red White and Blue wig on the day we beat Killie.

Will be the first he remembers and the younger one is even more excited.

Had two daughters and only my youngest (almost 15) shows a fleeting interest in ourselves so I can only say that I’m extremely jealous of your luck.
I have 2 daughters oldest (9) doesn't care. Youngest 3 in May sits with me downstairs when game is on not saying she watches it but she plays and watches wee bits. Got her a wee football and toy goals and a Rangers strip. I'm attempting to get 1 of my 2 daughters into Rangers. Would like to go to games with 1 of them. Taken the oldest before but she spent all her time on her tablet.

I remember when our supporters were boycotting Ibrox and not buying any kind of mrrch, on the most part anyway, and commenting on the old board about my concerns that if things didn't change for the better, we were at a very real risk of losing a generation of young bears to EPL and La Liga sides (I mean, there's not much between a done Jon Daly or Neymar really is there?).

Two things I've learned. 1) our wee bears are clearly a resilient lot and 2) they wouldn't be as such if it weren't for such good guidance and instilling a belief that form is temporary, class is permanent by parents, family, guardians.

Now our next generation is battle hardened from 10 years of pain, ready to enjoy a potentially amazing period in our history.

My own daughter is too wee to understand what went on just now, but growing up, she'll know the importance of not taking our Club for granted.

God love the cubs.

Spare a thought for bo and moko I think they are called, celtic kids whose cup tickets were stolen by the supporters bus.
Poor wee lambs will be distraught this season... next season...

Three sons.

None of them seen us win a major trophy.

To say they are excited is an understatement.

Am sure many bears are on the same boat :)

Season tickets the lot.

It's such an amazing feeling.
Makes it worth it. :)
I’ve given this a ‘love’ because I’m with you on the emotion, but it’s bittersweet for me.
Raffles junior is 11 and never seen us win a major trophy. 800 mile round trip to home games and I’ve consistently told him it will all be worth it when we win the league. As if COVID hadn’t fucked things enough with the ground being shut, I’m now working in France and can’t get home at all until mid March!

Every fibre of my being is screaming for us to get this sealed ASAP, but at the same time I want to be with my boy when we win it.
Talk about torn...

This is gonna be great for us all but by god, those young Bears deserve it more than any of us.

Don't know about that! If I could have missed some or all of the last 10 years (esp Ian Black) by being too young to understand, that mightn't be a bad thing.

To be honest I’ve suffered worse than my kids have.I have to say they will get that feeling for the first time and we will all enjoy it in this house but I’ve been suffering (like every Bear) and the kids didn’t really have a clue.But they will see daddy dodger happier than he has been in a long long time.Can’t wait for 55.

My son is 10 and loving this season.. after a couple where he had been more conscious of it all and the team has fallen short.

He is looking at the league table constantly - trying to work out when it is all over mathematically and just about bursting at the thought of winning it at Parkhead.

He has a wee mate at school who is a Celtic fan and he is looking forward to getting back there and asking him how Terry Munro is B-D

There's gonna be tears!

I remember when Gerrard came, the wee man running down the stairs to show me Luis Suarez's tweet of the gaffer standing in our trophy room. He's only known division 3 onwards, so this was huge to him.

Then the absolute joy of the euro nights, finally beating the mentally challengeds after the routine skelpings.

I Fucking love Steven Gerrard

Back when Ryan Jack scored the winner against that lot there was a wee lad sitting in the row of me with his grandpa, he was probably about 7 or 8 and the look on his face because of the noise and atmosphere was one of something he’d never seen or experienced before, as had many of the younger generations of our supporters
Well you ain’t seen nothing yet you wait till Tav holds that trophy aloft in a few months time the noise heard will have been built up these last 10 years and by god we will enjoy it

Sat up till 2am with my oldest, 15 now and despite knowing far more statistics than me he cant really remember winning titles. As a mid 70's kid who attended early 80's games I do stress my younger years were similar. His younger brother and two sisters dont watch every game with us however seem to become accustomed to the 0 answer when they ask how many the other team scored......

My 4 year old is only interested when Kent scores. Runs from watching YouTube when I shout. Got him his first ST & the wife her 2nd in a few years this year and not been able to enjoy the atmosphere of Ibrox. First game back will be special with all of the emotions rolled in to one.

It’s strange to think that for a whole generation of Rangers fans, this will be the first major trophy they’ve seen us win. I was lucky to grow up during the 9IAR years and even after that, we generally won trophies pretty regularly. As much as I enjoyed it, I really did take it for granted.

55 will absolutely be the most emotional win for me. It’s everything...win the league and regain our places at the top of Scottish football, stop them getting their tainted 10, seeing Neil Lennon out of a job, getting the Champions League music blaring at Ibrox again...

Will be beautiful.

Will be great for the young bears,millenial bears etc asking for and getting anything they want over the next while
Special mention for the UB07 who since we last won the league have been a credit to themselves with fantastic displays and creating an atmosphere in the stadium

This is gonna be great for us all but by god, those young Bears deserve it more than any of us.

Do they? I get that it can’t be nice for the young bears that haven’t seen us be successful, but I wouldn’t say any section of the support deserves it more than the other.

We’ve all backed our club to the hilt from the bottom of Scottish football right back to the top.

It’s going to be glorious.

Took my daughter to her 1st game in 2012 aged 4 & 1/2 not knowing what we were about to go through.
She like most of us has watched us through the divisions. Has watched us win a Petrofact Cup, has seen us timidly lose to Motherwell in the play off, witnessed the joy of beating the scum in 2016 only for it to sour v hibs. She has seen numerous semi-final failings and witnessed as the League Cup was stolen from us last season. Highlights have been beating the scum for the 1st time in a while at Ibrox. The look on her face when we were doing the bouncy will remain with me for the rest of my life. A look a joy, excitement and a bit of whats happening. European nights over the past 2.5 seasons have brought an ever increasing joy. Who can forget " The Baku" gripping us all. She used to sing it all the time.
And now we stand on the cusp of 55. She has never properly witnessed a title win, being too young to remember the last one, but like a buffalo soldier, she knows what it means to us.
55 is of course for those that are sadly not here to share in the celebrations. 55 is for all that have endured whilst our rivals tried to put us out of existence, those that have travelled the length the country, through all the divisions. But more importantly 55 is for those yet to taste victory. It is for our children and grandchildren so that they can experience what being a Rangers fan is truely about and ensure that those dark days never return and that Rangers remain in our rightful place.
God bless Rangers fans past, present and future. We always have and always will be The People.

Got great nieces and nephews we've been taking to matches since DK & T3B took over. They're all over social media just now, going berserk. Have been for a while now.
Those freezing winter matches against Elgins or Brechins, the cubs would be there, we'd wake them up after midnight when we got them home, straight to bed often still in their Rangers gear.
I've ben watching YouTube compilation videos of this season & the best Ibrox atmospheres for weeks now. I've been pretty emotional tbh.
This one will be mostly for the cubs and our absent friends and family.
I'll be a mess when 55 comes.

A glorious mess B-D

Back