Daily Express - Why was the Scottish Premiership called so early when so many questions still remain?

This really gets on my nerves. We see what's happening, we've protested and made our point but it appears the corrupt mindset of Scottish Football runs so deep, nothing will ever change.

A court ruling is the only way things will change.

Erm, when contracts expire you no longer need to pay wages.

They voted for it because they were in dire need for cash and two issues were needlessly, but deliberately, linked to achieve the SPFL's desired outcome.

If the games being played go beyond 30/06 they have to pay wages for that period too. If there is no football next season for say division 2.

Say the league is played behind closed doors and finishes 31/08 and then no 2020/21 season. Diddy club pays wages up to 30/06 as per contract. They also need players up to 31/08 so have to pay wages too for the two extra months with games behind closed doors so no additional revenue but plenty cost for the same out come.

How refreshing would it have been if the headline had been :

"Why there was such a rush to end the SPFL season"

...and the following article going on to detail exactly why it was.
However, in the absence of any Scottish mhedia men with a set of balls that is not going to happen.
The dugs in the street know why it was called early but the mhedia continue to fanny around acting daft.
What about an article a few weeks ago that reads - why IS there such a rush to finish this season.

The spfl pretty much made a play to call the league as soon as the possibly could - pretty much since celtic organised their press conference to stake their claim - meanwhile the sfa say they are determined to play the season 2019 / 20 Scottish cup to completion even if they have to wait until 2021 - go figure

The decision to call the league but continue to play the Scottish cup is solely geared towards trying to gift the mentally challengeds another treble.

So transparent and they don’t care who knows it.

If the games being played go beyond 30/06 they have to pay wages for that period too. If there is no football next season for say division 2.

Say the league is played behind closed doors and finishes 31/08 and then no 2020/21 season. Diddy club pays wages up to 30/06 as per contract. They also need players up to 31/08 so have to pay wages too for the two extra months with games behind closed doors so no additional revenue but plenty cost for the same out come.

They don't 'have to' unless they elect to extend the contracts, but that's their decision to do so.

Anyway, our sensible proposal to release cash by way of loans/advances was refused by the SPFL on a debatable technicality because it would have destroyed their despicable plan.

But I hope someone is telling UEFA the truth. I hope that someone is Rangers.

That UEFA gets to know about the missing email, the change of vote, Dundee negotiating with a big hitter, the lies told to UEFA in the letter, lies told to clubs about the prize money / loans, the lie about Gretna defaulting on a loan, the lie about the unanimous vote and all the other lies and deceit.

Do UEFA know the score ? They can't just listen to Lawwell.
UEFA will probably give him a pat on the back and tell him a job awaits if he leaves celtic.

Statement said it was unanimous?

The clubs all agreed that it was impossible to finish the league within the original deadlines, that's all.

The SPFL deviously linked this to their decision to call the league to try and give it some sort of credibility.

Just like they deviously linked the vote to call the league to the distribution of prize money to clubs t,hat were on the brink of bankruptcy

The more rope we give them, the more they hand themselves.

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

I must say it's heartening to see that UK journalists are at last beginning to sniff around and ask questions about what is a manifestly tainted SPFL. “When all’s said and done, in a fiercely competitive field such as spots journalism there is nothing to beat hard news - and there's lots of 'hard news'stories just waiting to be revealed in exposing how rife is the corruption within Scottish football.

A refreshing article to start the day, before the usual suspect journos start rolling out their pish.

No you don't.

It is agreed that it is paramount we do not 'feed' DR or any outlet hostile to RFC
by clicking links to their websites. But isn't it also very important that we save
ourselves from undue angst? If the text of stories are pasted by Admin then we
all wouldn't have to suffer looking at images of corrupt officials, scum and their colours!

What option did they have, the league was always going to be ended but now we will forever have that over them. “Won 9 in a row did you? Well not really you won 8 and a bit”.

If the league was played out they would have won it this way it can never be in doubt.

Now we have raised our concerns it’s over to others to examine and pick holes in

I'm sure when next season's CL monies come rolling in they'll be concerned about 8 and a bit.

You couldn't mark their necks with Napalm.

Daily Express article.

What use is bringing it up now ,why didn’t they bring it up before the vote they’re trying to make out that they’re impartial when their just in the pockets of the sfa and lieswell.

What use is bringing it up now ,why didn’t they bring it up before the vote they’re trying to make out that they’re impartial when their just in the pockets of the sfa and lieswell.

Hopefully the Courts might still deem the Doncaster resolution void.

I want to know before anything why Rangers voted to end it.
That is what a bead rattler kept saying to me in work, Rangers voted to give us it,was all he kept ranting about.
He had me stumped,i couldn't come to terms of us voting for Covid FC to get the title.

When all the talk started at the beginning of March the SPFL knew that celtic winning the league was in danger. Straight away they began to initiate the closure of the league because at the time celtic were 13points ahead. It was the day before the game at Ibrox where the last 2 matches were dominated by Rangers. That 13points gap could well of been 10 and with a game in hand most likely have dropped to 7points. At this point the SPFL would have found handing the league to Celtic a lot harder with another game at parkhead still to play. The corrupt SPFL will do anything to make sure their club of choice remains at the top and that’s why next season will be even harder to achieve success.

When all the talk started at the beginning of March the SPFL knew that celtic winning the league was in danger. Straight away they began to initiate the closure of the league because at the time celtic were 13points ahead. It was the day before the game at Ibrox where the last 2 matches were dominated by Rangers. That 13points gap could well of been 10 and with a game in hand most likely have dropped to 7points. At this point the SPFL would have found handing the league to Celtic a lot harder with another game at parkhead still to play. The corrupt SPFL will do anything to make sure their club of choice remains at the top and that’s why next season will be even harder to achieve success.

Something sprung the SPFL into action.

Whether that was a tip off from Liewell via the ECA that while Null & Void wasn't to be on the table in Scotland, it could be on the way across Europe if UEFA were considering it & not much could be done if that was the decree from the European Body.

Or was it that due to their astronomical wage bill that they needed to have the "champion" status to ensure access to CL monies for next season or even to ensure they were paid bonuses from sponsors that were only payable upon being declared "champions".

From Lego & TLB's press conferences demanding to be given the league to the SPFL implementing TLB's idea about PPG basis was them getting their ducks in a row.

We all know if Rangers had been 13 points clear with 2 Old Firms to play and the filth had a game in hand, then any mention of Rangers being handed a League Title would have seen the person who suggested it being rounded on by their acolytes in the media. See Scot Gardiner for a hint at what would have happened.

Hopefully the Courts might still deem the Doncaster resolution void.
Thing is this mate when is this going to happen .The silence from rangers can in my opinion mean only two things .firstly the club have something up their sleeves or the resolution we put forward was our best hope and now that it has been defeated we have nothing else.

Thing is this mate when is this going to happen .The silence from Rangers can in my opinion mean only two things .firstly the club have something up their sleeves or the resolution we put forward was our best hope and now that it has been defeated we have nothing else.

I’m just life bing in hope bud.

I’ll be really disappointed if 5his whole shíteshow passes with no more friction.

Still can't get my head around this. And the silence from Rangers isn't helping

Think everyone is same m8, if we really did that is ? The silence is Deafening as they say.
This mob are corrupt that is very obvious now, really disgusting how they get away with it.

Prefer them to dogs. Hate dogs.
Cats are just shit dogs.
Seriously though, beyond me how anyone can harbour an iota of affection for them. One good point is you don't need to pick up cat jobbies as they do it in the neighbours garden, which was usually mine! Each to their own. #catallergyloyal
'Midnight, not a sound from the.......'

Last edited:
Back