Daily Mail says TLB to see out the season

The tims on KDS mentioned a while back that one of Desmond's sons was taking the liewell role and some guy from Man City called Feargal Harkin was going to come in and do some Football Operations or Technical Director type job.
Could be plausible I suppose.

Celtic 'would prefer' to keep Neil Lennon until the end of the season ahead of operations overhaul​

The Parkhead club are said to be keen to keep their manager in place until this season is wrapped up at which point they intend to reshape the football department.

Under pressure Celtic power brokers would prefer to retain Neil Lennon until the end of the season amid growing pressure to remove their beleaguered manager, according to a report.

The Daily Mail suggest that the Parkhead club is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.

And it is the preference of the decision makers at the club that the Irishman be retained to see out this season to a conclusion.

Chief Executive Peter Lawwell reportedly planned to give a 'state-of-play' video address to update fans this week but that idea has now been shelved following reaction to last week's apology over the trip to Dubai.
That will be now then empty your desk please Neil.

If they have any sense they will bring in a director of football now who can then be responsible for hiring the manager and changing the structure

Waiting until the summer to make changes is just wasting time

I think the groin brigade won’t be happy if the next manager isn’t tainted by the sectarian / bigoted anti Protestant views rekindled by Saint Martin and his protege the lurgan bigot,any decent manager wouldn’t touch the celtc job with a barge pole unless they were offered a mega wage .

I wonder what happens to Lennon after this? Will we finally have seen the last of his bigoted shit stained face in Scotland?

He's played for them, managed them twice and had the other green and white job in Edinburgh.

Surely nobody will touch him up here and he'll be down in the Championship/League 1 area.
Dundee Hibs at some point would be my guess

Said it all along they just don't have the money needed to sack him.

They are hoping now that he makes it to the end of the season and somehow wins the Scottish cup as justification for keeping him on into next season.

They are about to downsize dramatically over the next 8 months.

Looks like Lawwell is working his ticket, desperate to get out.. haha.

It gets better every day what a mess they have made of it(with a wee bit of help from our manager and playing staff tbf)

Great news, I want him, Brown and Griffiths front and centre when Tav lifts that trophy high above his head.

Jeez Grigo, I never had you down as an adherent to the ‘cavalier Celtic’ myth pish. :eek:

There’s a good chance TLB will have alienated Stevie Clarke with his conga comments in any case.

Brilliant LOL

I’m not TOO worried about them, but I’m just asking whether he will fit in with their wee romantic bullshit notion of what they like to think their club stands for.

Which we know is a load of scheisse TCW.

The tims on KDS mentioned a while back that one of Desmond's sons was taking the liewell role and some guy from Man City called Feargal Harkin was going to come in and do some Football Operations or Technical Director type job.
Could be plausible I suppose.
from Kerrydale :D

mizpah

First name on the team-sheet

6 minutes ago#48468
Operations overhaul =

1. A low level ex Man City employee
2. An Irish person
3. Gavin Strachan
4. At least one new Israeli player
5. Something "state of the art" related to grass/lights
6. Declan Gallagher
7. ???
8. Profit

The greater the disarray they are in going into next season the better.
They'll be lucky to finish third the rate they're going,clearly players are not playing for him,how can a team that won three trebles, uncontested mind you turn so bad, I'd be livid if that was Rangers as they're ripping off their own supporters and gave the most ridiculous impression of themselves.Lawwell's complacency has come back big time to bite him on the jacksy. Now is the time for us to grow from a position of strength,while they fumble about while their Rome burns. What a chance.

The way I'm reading this conundrum for the bheasts is that the rolling contract will entitle Lennon to all sorts of perks if he is paid off at the moment.
This includes his bonus for winning 10 in a row, It would not surprise me if he is arguing that it is still possible so he wants everything that is theoretically due to him and no doubt his staff.

Whether this is correct is neither here nor there, but it gives me a warm glow to think of the turmoil going on during discussions with their management team and board.

They expected a precession to 'the 10' - and to hand over to Kennedy in a blaze of glory and sentimentality.

They have no Plan B.
If their plan was to appoint Kennedy as manager, they'd have put Lennon on gardening leave and made Kennedy caretaker by now.

They’ll have started the notice period so will only have to pay him 6 months worth in June. Penny pinching pure and simple.

I said it a while back, the manager they want to come in will not take the job until the summer so he is starting with a clean slate and not under pressure right away from the Filth Fans.

Lennon clearly needs the cash and that's why he's not walking away from his payoff.

They are haemorrhaging money and no manager worth their salt would touch that job.

Jack Ross or Brave John will be in charge next season IMO.

I thnk hell be gone the first week in Febuary. Theyll wait until the window closes then Strachan will take over.
Great excuse to sign no players and get rid of a few as well.

Kennedy can't be appointed now - there would be (more) riots.
They would have appointed him after the second Sparta game, hoping he could turn it around and also have the chance of beginning with a Scottish Cup win.

My point is, Kennedy would have never been given the manager's job.

Surely he won’t still be there when their ST renewals start in April? They’ll struggle to get 20k renewals if he is.

They are Toxic from top to bottom in every department. What reputable person, watching that club unfold in the shameless manner it has, is going to put their reputation on the line to manage that. Their whole structure is broken, a new team needs rebuilding, cash flow is going to be severely restricted going forward, impending court cases, assets plummeting and their PR shot to pieces. Their biggest downfall, was the sheer arrogance and disrespect for us a club on its knees, they really thought we would slide under a rock and die to the point where they totally neglected to invest in their tainted dominance. Owners have stopped putting cash in, the board are taking millions in wages, they are investing badly (Barkas etc) as Sutton likes to say "they are rudderless" prick. Just who would take that shite on other than another rhabid
WATP 55 is coming home

It,s a hard gig to fill that one both on and off the pitch .
All things celtc are not generally liked in the west of Scotlands better areas and as such managers of that club dont tend to be around very long .

If he’s in a 1 year rolling contract then surely they need to pay him a years salary when they boot him out regardless.

Although, they might have given him notice at the start of the season I suppose.
Read the suggestion that winning this year had a FO bonus behind it and don't want to pay it out if he's bumped before the league is officially ours.

If the overhaul in the summer involves bringing in a DOF, expect another season of them in chaos because it takes a while to sort everything out. Not the few weeks they get before European qualifiers start.

They probably need to keep him until the league is mathematically gone to avoid the 10iar bonus.

Will they need to pay him bonuses for as yet Euro group qualification and potential win bonuses in the remainder of the 12 months?

Could also be Scottish Cup bonus if that runs too.

Early sacking means he does not get a tilt at these so he may have a case?

I wonder what happens to Lennon after this? Will we finally have seen the last of his bigoted shit stained face in Scotland?

He's played for them, managed them twice and had the other green and white job in Edinburgh.

Surely nobody will touch him up here and he'll be down in the Championship/League 1 area.
Alloa.
Made for each other.

Not many serious contenders would be attracted to the job at the moment, would be like being appointed Captain of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

No manager would want to be associated with their failed dream of "The Ten".

Back