Daily Mail

Looks as if the Daily Mail are boycotting any stories about Rangers. There hasn't been a mention of the team since Monday in the paper. This would seem to suggest that they are not paying the £25,000 charge the club are asking for reporting access.
What's the latest on this? Which media outlets are paying the charge?
If the Mail continue to boycott stories I will just stop buying it. In fact, will stop buying newspapers full stop.
What's a newspaper ?
#10yearboycottloyal

Get my Rangers news on here, H&H and from the club social channels. No need to buy a paper, and there hasn't been for years.

Stephen Lispy McGowan can get tae
Just after the channel 4 documentary exposing the celtic boys club scandal that idiot sent out a vague tweet stating he knows about the wider aspect of all football clubs involvement in this scandal and that the initial expose by the female daily record reporter in the mid 90's was false. He corresponded with a victims family stating he knows about editors covering things up and has been silent about it since.

That guy is just another immoral celtic troll that gets to spew their bile on a national paper.

Looks as if the Daily Mail are boycotting any stories about Rangers. There hasn't been a mention of the team since Monday in the paper. This would seem to suggest that they are not paying the £25,000 charge the club are asking for reporting access.
If the Mail continue to boycott stories I will just stop buying it. In fact, will stop buying newspapers full stop.
Did notice Greechans pish earlier in the week...Celt*c cannae be any worse and we cannae be any better. Bitterness oozing from every pore. Magic.

I'll be astonished if the papers don't still publish stories about us. The club puts plenty stuff online they can use, I guess there will still be Press Association reports they can use if they need to, they can write opinion pieces, etc.

I'll be astonished if the papers don't still publish stories about us. The club puts plenty stuff online they can use, I guess there will still be Press Association reports they can use if they need to, they can write opinion pieces, etc.
Of course they will. What type of Scottish people buy papers?

Men for a start buy papers much more than women. Older men specifically and what could there interest possibly be? Football will be the main one in my opinion. Not many people in Scotland who don’t start at the back of the paper first

Without us (and Celtic) I reckon the paper would be 10% lighter in content but 75% less appealing to the established readership. Given they have given up
on getting new customers this is their base and then some

The mail is a traditional tory paper and as such has been hated by the celtc-minded forever, but strangely their sports pages are infested with the most bigoted set of papists you could have the displeasure of meeting.
this is indeed true, McGowan is definitely one but I don't find him as bad as some others do, but greechan and mcgarry, %^*& me.

Of course they will. What type of Scottish people buy papers?

Men for a start buy papers much more than women. Older men specifically and what could there interest possibly be? Football will be the main one in my opinion. Not many people in Scotland who don’t start at the back of the paper first

Without us (and Celtic) I reckon the paper would be 10% lighter in content but 75% less appealing to the established readership. Given they have given up
on getting new customers this is their base and then some

Us and Celtc must be responsible for a big percentage of their online hits as well.

One dilemma for the papers is that, if they pay us, other clubs might want paid as well. So it could end up costing them a lot more than £25,000.

Us and Celtc must be responsible for a big percentage of their online hits as well.

One dilemma for the papers is that, if they pay us, other clubs might want paid as well. So it could end up costing them a lot more than £25,000.
Sadly for the daily Mail this is what happens in a normal business.

if they are indeed profiting off content they haven’t paid for but which is worth money then they should pay up.

No sympathy for them, they’ve lived off savaging us for decades and on life support funded by bile about Rangers for the last decade

I’m delighted the daily bigot have stopped reporting on us.

they can carry on trying to make money from racially targeting Raheem Sterling and keep our clubs name out of their disgusting gossip mag.

Do people still buy papers ?.

It's a toxic, racist rag and deserves nothing but contempt.

Owned by a tax exile, contributes nothing to this country's wellbeing, yet shouts the odds about foreigners and so-called benefit cheats.

Leon Trotsky has spoken. B-)

The Scottish Daily Mail is pish for football, but it's the only Scottish daily paper that will regularly call out the SNP.

Probably the least racist and anti Protestant/Unionist paper in Scotland.

The Scottish editions of pretty much all UK papers are as howling as the Record,etc.
No big miss for Rangers supporters as the lies about us will continue regardless.

That won’t happen.

They’ll still mention negative stuff, this just stops any kind of positive reporting (and yes it does happen, in every single paper before the paranoid jump on me).
tell us which papers report positively on Rangers then

While there is no doubt we have received a lot of negative coverage and in somecases outright lies from sections of the press and media in general I am not sure we should be banning or making access overly difficult.
Relying only on the Club for news might be alright just now but if we were ever to face difficult times again we would need outside sources to shine a light on it.

Aye, it's going swimmingly, isn't it?

Especially well for our brothers and sisters in Northern Ireland. :rolleyes:

I dont want to derail the thread but you do realise who's causing the problems for NI? The UK leaves europe and the europeans demand a border. The europeans in the ROI backed by Biden and the threat of violence by the IRA insist on no border between NI and the ROI. They want a border but wont accept one where it needs to be.

If I was Boris Id simply tell them the UK has left europe. If you want a border then you establish one yourself.

Those blaming Brexit and our government are simply swallowing republican bias.

gets stuck into them on this article though

Occasionally he writes a critical article but for me it’s in the guise of a raging fan when it’s going to shit rather than any sort of example of admirable journalism.

Let’s be honest the man’s a journalist paid to write about Scottish football and it’s not possible for anyone, fan or otherwise, to sugarcoat their present situation

Written by a Celtic fan for Celtic fans
Yup. Once again only scratches the surface. Asks why but no intent or appetite to actually do some digging and answer any of the questions or get to the bottom of the strange goings on at that club for years.

Only raging because they're taking a tanking and we are wiping the floor with them.

It's clear the sycophantic media in this country have been a huge part of celtics problems for a very long time, and now that its all hitting the fan they want to stand and point fingers at the board they protected and enabled and the cult masses that THEY brainwashed.

Fn hilarious.

While there is no doubt we have received a lot of negative coverage and in somecases outright lies from sections of the press and media in general I am not sure we should be banning or making access overly difficult.
Relying only on the Club for news might be alright just now but if we were ever to face difficult times again we would need outside sources to shine a light on it.
It’s 25k to get in the stadium and have direct access

If you don’t need to drink our coffee and sit in our heated rooms then they can write whatever they want for free.

I think The Times article complaining about us monetising our content while they monetise that exact story behind a paywall or on the Daily Record site with a million pop ups should emphasise to anyone the hypocrisy of the press and their motives here

It’s 25k to get in the stadium and have direct access

If you don’t need to drink our coffee and sit in our heated rooms then they can write whatever they want for free.

I think The Times article complaining about us monetising our content while they monetise that exact story behind a paywall or on the Daily Record site with a million pop ups should emphasise to anyone the hypocrisy of the press and their motives here
I think the 25k is the thin end of the wedge,where does it stop?Maybe the Club might start charging to access the website.
Anyway my point is not to defend the press but to be able to hold the Club to account and be able to ask awkward questions when they are warranted.
Things are good just now but if we run into difficulties in future who is going to ask these questions ?

Can't believe anyone buys these rags anyhow, giving money for so called journos to spout their opinion on anything like only theirs counts. Don't buy, you won't miss them.

I think the 25k is the thin end of the wedge,where does it stop?Maybe the Club might start charging to access the website.
Anyway my point is not to defend the press but to be able to hold the Club to account and be able to ask awkward questions when they are warranted.
Things are good just now but if we run into difficulties in future who is going to ask these questions ?
Did you listen to the state of the press conferences last season and beyond?

Stupid boring question after pointed stupid question. Pure dross. Absolutely no level of professionalism or any enthusiasm whatsoever. Clearly very few even having an interest or proprer knowledge. Almost as though they didn't care or their sole purpose was to make a mockery of the whole process.

Now, there's a reason you never give a puppy or a dog away for free. Anyone not paying might not appreciate what they have and attribute such little value to it that they don't care if they lose it or they may have nefarious intent. Same applies here. I think that Rangers think that those willing to pay (a modest fee that won't even make them much money), will be willing to make the most out of the access rather than take it for granted and neglect their duties and responsibilites. Thus providing the service they should be for the club and it's fanbase.

Edit: I'm talking about the MSM. Fan based media excluded from the criticism above of course.

Did you listen to the state of the press conferences last season and beyond?

Stupid boring question after pointed stupid question. Pure dross. Absolutely no level of professionalism or any enthusiasm whatsoever. Clearly very few even having an interest or proprer knowledge. Almost as though they didn't care or their sole purpose was to make a mockery of the whole process.

Now, there's a reason you never give a puppy or a dog away for free. Anyone not paying might not appreciate what they have and attribute such little value to it that they don't care if they lose it or they may have nefarious intent. Same applies here. I think that Rangers think that those willing to pay (a modest fee that won't even make them much money), will be willing to make the most out of the access rather than take it for granted and neglect their duties and responsibilites. Thus providing the service they should be for the club and it's fanbase.

Edit: I'm talking about the MSM. Fan based media excluded from the criticism above of course.
Yeah I get all that, sports journos are not renound for their deep insightful questions and the media may put more value on their access if they have to pay for it.
What I am getting at is if you only get your news direct from the Club it is not healthy.
Football is cyclical and even the great Mr Struth acknowledged there would be difficult times,when these times come would you be happy that the only news you get is from the Club?

Yeah I get all that, sports journos are not renound for their deep insightful questions and the media may put more value on their access if they have to pay for it.
What I am getting at is if you only get your news direct from the Club it is not healthy.
Football is cyclical and even the great Mr Struth acknowledged there would be difficult times,when these times come would you be happy that the only news you get is from the Club?
But I don't see how charging those who want premium access = getting news directly from the club.

That's just not an accurate assessment of what is happening. If anything it's the opposite. Because it works both ways. Those that pay will feel entitled to ask whatever they want, and Rangers will feel more obliged to accomodate them.

Those not paying, can still get entry to Ibrox to see the games. They aren't shut out. They can still write whatever articles they want. They can still quote interviews etc from other outlets, although now that some have paid for it, they might clamp down on the BBC and others 'stealing' their content. But other than that, nothing has really changed in that respect.

I really think folk are creating issues around this that really don't exist.

Btw, just watched Stewart Robertsons interview, and he says it's purely a commercial decision to charge. Among other reasons, due to the newspapers cutting costs and no longer buying hospitality and advertising like they used to. So it's a quid pro quo scenario really. Even if this is the case, and not just a PR smudge or half truth, then I still have no issue with it at all.

The media in this country have been given access to a modern footballing A-list superstar for years now for free. And what have they done with it? I stopped watching the press conference's for most games because they were so boring and tedious. I mean it takes a special type of yahoo to achieve that with Stevie G in the room. So they really don't deserve to be there. Let's hope we see a marked improvement on them this year for EVERYONE's sake. Rangers, fans, sponsors, SPFL and those that paid for access getting more watchable, sellable & exclusive content instead of the absolute dross we've been served up for so long.

Everyone involved really should now be trying to up their game. I see that as only a win win.

Back