Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be one of the only people not overly excited with Kent. Hardly noticed him first half of last season.

Would much prefer another genuine striker.

Our left backs will be fine also.

He grew into the jersey second half of the season and was very much a big game player (all season). He was the one player folk in my work would want to talk about after a big game and they are all mainly EPL fans so he is clearly a talent.

His output numbers need to improve but he is what fans pay their money to see. And if he signs I will be buying a Kent 14 top and I’m an adult who should know better.

I hope there is legs in this.

That valuation has dropped since their window closed though and the only chance of it increasing again is a move outwith the top two leagues in England.
I’d suggest coming back to Rangers is the best option for Rangers, Liverpool and Ryan Kent.

I'd agree that a move back the us represents the best outcome for all parties, a move abroad seems very unlikely and I doubt Ryan would agree to that in any case.

Since the cat is out the bag, we were told at the end of last season by someone ITK the price for Kent was agreed, the stumbling block was how the funds were to be paid. Hopefully, it has been ironed out.

If we get Kent, for me we are stronger than anyone else in the league in defence, midfield and attack.

Kent was excellent last season without really contributing many goals and assists, I would expect him to progress over the next couple of years and add a real cutting edge to his game

Come home wee man you belong at our wonderful club. You can never stop adding pure class to your team no matter how many players you have in that position and Kent falls under that bracket. He is one of those players that has you on the edge of your seat when he has the ball and they are few and far between. I believe we will sign him and hopefully before 1st September then put him straight in against the mentally challengeds. Let's Go, 55.

I must be one of the only people not overly excited with Kent. Hardly noticed him first half of last season.

Would much prefer another genuine striker.

Our left backs will be fine also.

I also would like a 3rd striker, if morelos picks up a bad injury(god forbid) we would really struggle.

Couldnt disagree more on the left back position though, the 3 we have who can play there are all fine for a backup but none of them are good enough to be our no.1 for that position.

Ideal scenario is we manage to sell Borna for around £2million and repace him with a proper attacking fullback with halliday and flannagan as cover or to play in the games where we might be under a bit more pressure and need a more defensive LB.

When you look at some of our play this season. Then add Kent to that, just wow.
I’ve already shown that he’s not the finished article with various posts in the past, but his ability to take the ball in areas defenders don’t like being and dribble it while creating space for others is brilliant.

IF this goes through I reckon 55 could be on its way

He grew into the jersey second half of the season and was very much a big game player (all season). He was the one player folk in my work would want to talk about after a big game and they are all mainly EPL fans so he is clearly a talent.

His output numbers need to improve but he is what fans pay their money to see. And if he signs I will be buying a Kent 14 top and I’m an adult who should know better.

I hope there is legs in this.

He shone against the scum, which get him a lot of credit. 100% get that.

Unlocking shitty defences is where our troubles were last season.

Also Europe?

This reminds me of the Sky “coming up after the break” teaser where it’s definitely coming up after the break but not till nearer the end of the programme.
The Kent one, for me, and only for the reasons I’ve posted a few posts back, I’m not ITK, will happen but not till after the Legia games.
This will either enhance our immediate mood or reinvigorate us after losing out.
Given the immediate fixture post Legia home, I think it would be terrific media management.

I also would like a 3rd striker, if morelos picks up a bad injury(god forbid) we would really struggle.

Couldnt disagree more on the left back position though, the 3 we have who can play there are all fine for a backup but none of them are good enough to be our no.1 for that position.

Ideal scenario is we manage to sell Borna for around £2million and repace him with a proper attacking fullback with halliday and flannagan as cover or to play in the games where we might be under a bit more pressure and need a more defensive LB.
Borna needs coached to fck! Confidence is shot.

I have always been a Flanagan fan - He's capable of some very good challenges.

He shone against the scum, which get him a lot of credit. 100% get that.

Unlocking shitty defences is where our troubles were last season.

Also Europe?
He was voted young player of the year by his fellow professionals, so he must have impressed the opposition on plenty of occasions.

He's a danger man and can provide that spark, I'll be delighted if he returns.

If it is a buy now pay later deal , how much we push it might depend on us defeating Legia and qualifying for group stages and the money that comes along with it.
Id love to see Kent back , but also think we would need to loan out Hastie / Docherty again to keep them happy and progressing. Im still not sure about Barker but will reserve judgement until I see more.

This reminds me of the Sky “coming up after the break” teaser where it’s definitely coming up after the break but not till nearer the end of the programme.
The Kent one, for me, and only for the reasons I’ve posted a few posts back, I’m not ITK, will happen but not till after the Legia games.
This will either enhance our immediate mood or reinvigorate us after losing out.
Given the immediate fixture post Legia home, I think it would be terrific media management.
Totally, and have him in the squad for the scum, they would shit a brick.
To be honest, I’m very impressed by JJ and Ojo, add Kent in to the mix and we have real danger in our width. I do think Ojo has more of an eye for goal, but Kent has scored at the Glitterdome and has the temperament to play in any atmosphere, as well as plenty of potential to improve.

If it is a buy now pay later deal , how much we push it might depend on us defeating Legia and qualifying for group stages and the money that comes along with it.
Id love to see Kent back , but also think we would need to loan out Hastie / Docherty again to keep them happy and progressing. Im still not sure about Barker but will reserve judgement until I see more.
Think if Docherty goes out again then that will be his Rangers career over.

Always he’d be back , once the English deadline passed without him going anywhere , it makes no sense him wasting a year in Liverpool reserve team.

Have we got enough bodies without adding in Kent? Probably.
Do I still want Kent to come back in? Abso-fuddin-lutely.

Think Ojo was quoted when he signed that he hoped Kent would be back so they could tear the league up together. Make it happen Rangers.

If we gets this over the line and agree to 100% buy Kent whether that's now or end of the season, is this the moment we can truly say, we are back in a financial sense?

Think if Docherty goes out again then that will be his Rangers career over.

I don’t see him having a long term career at Ibrox either way tbh , seems a good lad and works hard but sometimes need more than that , a few years ago he would have walked into our team but we have really raised the bar now.

I think it was Drumchapel Bear who mentioned FFP rules, and I could see thats why it's a potential loan fee with set fee next summer.

We don't want to give Uefa any reasons to hit us in pocket

I don’t see him having a long term career at Ibrox either way tbh , seems a good lad and works hard but sometimes need more than that , a few years ago he would have walked into our team but we have really raised the bar now.

100% agreement from me.

Doc isn't good enough for us long term IMO. Isn't to say he is a poor player. Only thst our expectations and demands probably trump what he can offer to be a mainstay in the side.

I like him , I think he has shown how much he has matured. But the purchase of King alongside our existing midfield said a lot for his game time I think. Will be interesting to see what happens.

King is only a loan though.
I don't think another loan spell would see his Rangers chances ended.

I also doubt Liverpool will let two of their young players who play in similar positions both go to the same club on loan. It would mean one of them would have limited game time as they are both not due to start each game.

I really want Kent to come back but nothing is pointing to it happening. The only way I can ever see it coming together is if we make the group stages of EL.

I’ve often wondered where these feelings come from or if it’s look at me, I want to be controversial nonsense.
I’ve just never had those feelings so I don’t know.

I suppose they come from the fact they have previous for swooping in on our targets. I can't really explain why I have those feelings in particular with kent.

A loan now with a view to buy could be a great bit of business

We are essentially spending next years budget on Kent going by our spending thus far

Id be happy enough with that calculated risk given the squad we have at present there shouldn't bee too many positions need covered depending on player sales

It really is amazing the squad of players SG has built with a limited budget in just 3 windows

I also doubt Liverpool will let two of their young players who play in similar positions both go to the same club on loan. It would mean one of them would have limited game time as they are both not due to start each game.

I really want Kent to come back but nothing is pointing to it happening. The only way I can ever see it coming together is if we make the group stages of EL.

As apposed to Kent sitting in the reserves at Liverpool?

Klopp will know Kent will be a starter most weeks with Ojo having all to prove

I suppose they come from the fact they have previous for swooping in on our targets. I can't really explain why I have those feelings in particular with kent.
I can’t remember this happening too many times.
The flip side here is McLaren, Petric and the one that haunts them even now, Johnston.

King is only a loan though.
I don't think another loan spell would see his Rangers chances ended.
I think his game time is limited this year though. I thought King was more number 10 as back up to Arfield, but the gaffer played him deep at the weekend. Im not sure that Docherty gets in before Kamara, Jack, Davis , Aribo or King which is a shame because I think he gets it.

I'd have both of them playing.

Fuckin.... Fuckin... Fuckin booooooooo!

Although sadly it is probably the truth.

I agree re Group stages. I think the revenue generated from our qualification pays for the move. I still think will need to move a number players on ( an or temp loan ) also.

There's nothing to stop both players playing at the same time.

Also, why would Liverpool care about Kent playing if it's a loan with an agreement to buy?

You have been consistent with your opinion but I hope you're wrong:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back