Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm choosing to believe this rumour even if turns out to be BS & breaks my heart :))

its-happening.gif
And, exactly what will be happening on phones, pads, laptops and desktops throughout the country from now till Tuesday week.

Kid on, put it out there, that they’re trying.
However, that’d end in failure because Kent has rejected the idea for reasons other than football etc etc.

Of course. I would be stunned if he was the least bit interested in going there.

Let's be honest, if there's any truth in all the stuff about digging his heels in to force this move through, it ain't because he loves the city and doesn't care where he's playing.

It's because he wants to be working with Stevie G at Rangers.

So glad I have held off buying the top so far by having a mental argument in my head over Arfield or Jones on the back. If Kent signs number 14 is going straight on the top I buy.

I know a guy whose boy got Kent 14 tattooed on his leg at the end of the season :D

Not the brightest move and the perpetual wind-up of rumours he's signing for the poets has had the boy in mental purgatory for weeks.

Of course. I would be stunned if he was the least bit interested in going there.

Let's be honest, if there's any truth in all the stuff about digging his heels in to force this move through, it ain't because he loves the city and doesn't care where he's playing.

It's because he wants to be working with Stevie G at Rangers.

He spends more time now in Glasgow than most places.
This is his home, we are his club

Jelavic being number 1 or back further to Ian Ferguson from St Midden?:)
That one worked out in the end, but weirdly the one that I remember the most clearly was David Goodwillie. That was off the scale including family members confirming it and all number of other nonsense. It was well over 100 pages of guff from what I recall. Mind-numbing.

That one worked out in the end, but weirdly the one that I remember the most clearly was David Goodwillie. That was off the scale including family members confirming it and all number of other nonsense. It was well over 100 pages of guff from what I recall. Mind-numbing.

Pretty sure we had Scott Allan's cousin on here confirming he would only be coming to us... that was another bonkers one.

Makes the Barker signing a strange one. He won't see much game time if we get Kent back.

I wonder if we'd be likely to see more of Kent in a number 10-type role? Looked good at Saville Row when he moved inside last season.

If you imagine him working in behind Morelos/Defoe with Jones/Ojo in the side areas - that could be a terrifying line-up for a defence to come up against...

I wonder if we'd be likely to see more of Kent in a number 10-type role? Looked good at Saville Row when he moved inside last season.

If you imagine him working in behind Morelos/Defoe with Jones/Ojo in the side areas - that could be a terrifying line-up for a defence to come up against...
Have thought that too, can turn quick, take on a man, play a pass in a tight area.

Looking at the potential combinations of our inside forwards -

Kent Ojo
Kent Arfield
Jones Kent
Arfield Ojo
Jones Arfield
Jones Ojo

Barker doesn't get near the starting line up

He is young, we won't have Ojo next season so we still have to scoop players up now for the future.
Fair point. The lad will need to be patient then.

Yeah but Klopp will only wait until it is impossible or very unlikely for a foreign club for example Marseille or equivalent don’t come in and offer his valuation. If that doesn’t happen then only makes sense for him to arrive here.

Their valuation is unrealistic and indicative of the stupid transfer fees down south. Marseille, or anyone else, aren’t spending a large fee for Kent. There is better value out there hence the reason English clubs chose alternative options!

Until September 2nd anything on the transfer front is possible.

After that date we are certain. Not long noo.

If we can get Kent in and Grezda out it means we are in a similar place (numbers wise) to last year, no?

Lafferty, Grezda, and Candeias out.

Jones, Barker and Ojo in.

Looking at the potential combinations of our inside forwards -

Kent Ojo
Kent Arfield
Jones Kent
Arfield Ojo
Jones Arfield
Jones Ojo

Barker doesn't get near the starting line up

Fair point. The lad will need to be patient then.

Injuries last season cost us murphy and dorrans. It may look like a lot of cover but as has been said its a long season.

I know a guy whose boy got Kent 14 tattooed on his leg at the end of the season :D

Not the brightest move and the perpetual wind-up of rumours he's signing for the poets has had the boy in mental purgatory for weeks.
When are the government going to bring in IQ tests for people who want tatoos? :confused:

Their valuation is unrealistic and indicative of the stupid transfer fees down south. Marseille, or anyone else, aren’t spending a large fee for Kent. There is better value out there hence the reason English clubs chose alternative options!

Yeah very unlikely someone will bid for him. However Klopp will be holding on for the very slim chance someone does. When that becomes impossible he will come here on loan I reckon.

Scum will be worried.

should he return we could play a front 3 of Kent , Alfie and Ojo

They were hoping to see

Jones Defo and Stuart.

Dont agree that a LB is more important than bringing in Kent.

Just leaked a bit of pre cum reading this. Would be amazing.

It makes sense for him to come back.

Liverpool want to sell, nobody in England wanted to buy at Liverpool's price. He's not getting near their first team. Why wouldn't they loan him to us? I get that there will likely be an obligation to buy and that this gives us a year or so to fix that side of the deal.

It makes perfect sense sering as the boy really wants the move.

This however is modern day football, so who knows what will actually happen.

Makes the Barker signing a strange one. He won't see much game time if we get Kent back.
He is young, we won't have Ojo next season so we still have to scoop players up now for the future.

Exactly. Plus with the English window shutting we probably didn't want to gamble on getting or not getting Kent so it make sense to sign Barker rather than miss out on him. Barker seems like a sensible lad and wont be costing us a lot. Better to end up with them both than neither!

4 Lads had a dream just tweeted about their blog from Monday, which states the loan to buy is now being discussed...according to them, Kent is the gaffers jewel in the crown....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back