Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not ITK but got a feeling if we have a good result (or when) he will be signed on Monday just a gut feeling.

Kent was outstanding at home to Rapid and Spartak last season in Europe. It's a bit of a myth that he only turned up after Christmas tbh. He was also out for over a month if I remember correctly, in the lead up to the OF.
He was good before xmas, he just got better and better after xmas.

I also doubt Liverpool will let two of their young players who play in similar positions both go to the same club on loan. It would mean one of them would have limited game time as they are both not due to start each game.

I really want Kent to come back but nothing is pointing to it happening. The only way I can ever see it coming together is if we make the group stages of EL.
Do you think he will play all season in Liverpool's U23's?

Borna needs coached to fck! Confidence is shot.

I have always been a Flanagan fan - He's capable of some very good challenges.

I get what your saying about Borna but hes now been here for a full year and to be brutally honest he has shown very little to suggest he can be our no.1 full back, I think gerrard and our coaching team might just have had enough with his performances and think its better he moves on.

Do ppl still actually set their alarms for treble 20's face when he sounds the klaxon. He:s reduced to doodling 2nd hand shit now, all because he has turned into paedo harbourers lackey

I also doubt Liverpool will let two of their young players who play in similar positions both go to the same club on loan. It would mean one of them would have limited game time as they are both not due to start each game.

I really want Kent to come back but nothing is pointing to it happening. The only way I can ever see it coming together is if we make the group stages of EL.

if Kent comes - the first choice front 3 immediately becomes Kent-Morelos-Ojo
plenty of game time

He certainly talks a good game, always on about being in the director's box etc.. I bow to your superior knowledge on the matter, as your info, is always spot-on.

Fair dos, mate.

Me saying that’s not the case isn’t me saying I don’t think it’ll happen :))

Things is who does he displace in the starting 11 Arfield and Ojo have started really well and Jones has also showed up well

Things is who does he displace in the starting 11 Arfield and Ojo have started really well and Jones has also showed up well
The manager has said numerous times, it's a squad game. We dont have a starting 11.

if Kent comes - the first choice front 3 immediately becomes Kent-Morelos-Ojo
plenty of game time

I'd pick Arfield in an attacking role ahead of both Kent and Ojo.

Arfield + Alfie + 1 is our best front 3.

Obviously with rotation it won't be the same every week though.

Think that's what everyone is pointing at. Doubt anyone thinks Kent would return if we fail to make EL groups.

Borna needs coached to fck! Confidence is shot.

I have always been a Flanagan fan - He's capable of some very good challenges.

He’s also then capable of losing the ball immediately with no pace to recover or passing the ball straight to the opposition on our 18 yard line. His lack of forward abilities also severely weaken his defensive play. Folk need to get over him being a hard man. Successful defence means getting the ball safely away from our goal. Not keeping it in our third of the pitch.

Any itk is not going to confirm this for us. I would imagine it’s very much need to know basis if he’s going to become our most expensive signing(in recent years)

Last edited:
He’s also then capable of losing the ball immediately with no pace to recover or passing the ball straight to the opposition on our 18 yard line. His lack of forward abilities also severely weaken his defensive play. Folk need to get over him being a hard man. Successful defence means getting the ball safely away from our goal. Not keeping it in our third of the pitch.
The Flanno fans are blinkered beyond belief.

He's a defensive liability, loses his man constantly, gives the ball away in dangerous areas.

Barisic's problem being, he keeps it simple and doesn't fly into challenges goes against him in the blood and snotters Scottish league hence why we are absolutely mince as a nation at football now.

I still think Borna can came good but accept that he hasn't shown enough when he's played but I also know he's been hampered by injuries.

Everything is pointing to it happening

I'd pick Arfield in an attacking role ahead of both Kent and Ojo.

Arfield + Alfie + 1 is our best front 3.

Obviously with rotation it won't be the same every week though.

It’s a really tricky one. Arfield has been off-form recently but still comes away with moments of magic, composed finishes and seeing through balls that others just don’t.

Ojo kind of looks to deceive. He rarely looks hugely impressive (compared to the other 2) and you don’t get a buzz of expectation when he gets the ball as he is often tackled. But he nonetheless is absolutely explosive and has very impressive stats for end product. He also can do both the winger role, hitting the byline to cross, and the inside forward shooting roles. None of the others are as versatile.

Jones is lightning quick and has settled at the club amazingly well. There is a buzz when he gets the ball. But, at present, that is mainly about him winning a penalty as he really hasn’t consistently had a final ball as yet. He also needs space to drive into and is more restricted against deep defences.

Kent is similar to Jones in many ways but has much better close control and individual skill. He is less dependent on using pace to beat players and more able to operate in the tight spaces that we usually get.

Both Kent and Jones don’t have great output stats but these are not necessarily everything. Both of them require double teaming at least and so pull other players out of position and leave gaps for other players to exploit. It just relies on Jones and Kent getting the ball into those spaces. I think Kent is better than Jones at that.

The psychology is also important. Celtic are scared of Kent in a way that they are not (yet) scared of others. Us getting him back would also be a strong sign of intent to the whole rest of the league. That puts the fear in defenders before he even starts running at them and diverts resources to covering him, again leaving other players more space to play in. Unlike last year, we now also have other wing players able to cause similar problems (Candeias was never as troublesome to defenders) along with Aribo able to ghost in from midfield. Kent’s presence will help them even without direct assists.

I think we’ll probably end up playing Kent and Ojo, with Arfield and Jones first reserves.

Kent was outstanding at home to Rapid and Spartak last season in Europe. It's a bit of a myth that he only turned up after Christmas tbh. He was also out for over a month if I remember correctly, in the lead up to the OF.

Correct. The OF game was his first back.

One thing I think a lot of people don’t consider is even if his numbers were low, he draws defenders to him, creating more space for others. He doesn’t get assists for things like that. And as has been mentioned, his tracking back is good as well

When Jones plays his last option is to give it to the full back he's very direct which I like so Flannigan is the perfect type of fullback .
If Kent comes back he interplays with the full back much more so Barasic comes into the equation.
Ojo apparently is more highly valued than Kent so very unlikely he will be here after his loan spell to expensive .That's why I'd like to get Kent as he has the ability to cement that No 11 shirt for years to come and yes the both can play interchanging either side of Alfie or Defoe
Kent. Alfie/ Defoe , Ojo
Airfield playing just behind Alfie / defoe
This line up would destroy all defences up here particularly at home and should have a lot of success if we progress in Europe.
Said it umpteen times 2 million down and million every year for three years should be acceptable to Liverpool with a percentage of any transfer fee .

Can someone post up what Ryan Kent's instagram account is? I keep hearing stories of him posting stuff but the account I view only has about 5 posts on it (ryankenty_) am i looking at the right one?

How close are the Liverpool echo to things? Are we close to the financial fair play limit, is that why we can’t buy him this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back