Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that he started the 1st game of the season against Spurs

I read the same article mate. It was an article by the Liverpool Echo I think. Regardless, it was inaccurate. I think it meant an u-23 game but it didn’t say that.

Just so you know, you’re not going mad.

“Do you know who Ryan Kent is?”

“Yeah”

“Do you know anything about him coming to Rangers or not coming to Rangers?”

“Naw.”

Exclusive advance notice of the story.
Meanwhile in the real world. The guy has actually left the Echo and is now with The Athletic.

His comments included "Ryan Kent has his heart set on joining Rangers."

He is not of the opinion that the deal is certain but is optimistic it can be done.

When i’ve seen these things, it’s usually the other way round like it was with us and Murphy and Cummings. The ‘buying’ club has an arrangement to buy at a fixed fee at the end of the loan but has no obligation to do so. We exercised the option with Murphy and let it lapse with Cummings.

The Kent saga would make more sense the other way round as you suggest. We seem to want to have Kent more than Liverpool want to give him to us so us having all the risk would make more sense. I wouldn’t be adverse to that. If you’d told me 3 months ago that we’d get him back on loan with no buying option, i’d be delighted. Having an obligation to buy at something affordable (say £5mill) but with a risk that Liverpool take him back if he’s set Scotland on fire would seem pretty ok.
Maybe if we got a %written in

Meanwhile in the real world. The guy has actually left the Echo and is now with The Athletic.

He is not of the opinion that the deal is certain but is optimistic it can be done.
6.5 stroke 7 out of ten that it'll happen.

Just so we’re clear, for every bear not in a position to listen to the podcast; tough tits, according to you?

No quite what I said was it ?

He said he subscribes to the podcast. So why would you talk about what’s mentioned to people who don’t pay for it .

Seems like it does H&H out of subscribers .

But you take that anyway you want o_O

James Pearce?

No quite what I said was it ?

He said he subscribes to the podcast. So why would you talk about what’s mentioned to people who don’t pay for it .

Seems like it does H&H out of subscribers .

But you take that anyway you want o_O
I’ll take it as the fact that it is, which you have just reinforced. You justify it by saying it basically supports taking subscribers from H+H. One snippet of information from one podcast, that could give some clarity to this whole saga. You seriously believe that’s going to rob them of subscribers?

The original post you quoted from me was asking on behalf of myself and others who, although subscribing, couldn’t access the podcast there and then. You’d rather just keep the info to yourself than share it with other bears.

So, aye. I’ll take it as that.

With insight like that, I can scarcely wait till the Athletic contact me to be a correspondent. I could have added “Klopp would prefer to get an upfront fee and Rangers will struggle to pay it at this time.”

I’d suggest that my summary was actually quite accurate in the real world. These are largely opinion pieces with no new information. The people that actually know anything are playing their cards very tight to their chests for now.

If he signs team for September 1st will be

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Kent
Morelos
Ojo

In any other game this would probably be our strongest XI but Arfield has to play against the poets, he's gallus AF and was noticeable that for the first time in a long time one of our players made things uncomfortable for them in terms of dig and giving a bit back.

I’ll take it as the fact that it is, which you have just reinforced. You justify it by saying it basically supports taking subscribers from H+H. One snippet of information from one podcast, that could give some clarity to this whole saga. You seriously believe that’s going to rob them of subscribers?

The original post you quoted from me was asking on behalf of myself and others who, although subscribing, couldn’t access the podcast there and then. You’d rather just keep the info to yourself than share it with other bears.

So, aye. I’ll take it as that.
Aye that’s exactly it holding information from other bears.

You must be the most boring guy on here :D

I’ll make sure to withhold future information from you too.

In any other game this would probably be our strongest XI but Arfield has to play against the poets, he's gallus AF and was noticeable that for the first time in a long time one of our players made things uncomfortable for them in terms of dig and giving a bit back.

From that team under normal circumstances, you would probably have to drop Ojo for him.

I would really struggle to choose between Kent, Ojo and Arfield. Completely agree with your reasoning though.

If Kent did return, it would likely be very shortly before the Celtic game so he may not start. Would be a great second half substitution though ;)

Arfield starts we are 3 up with half an hour to go, bheasts are wrecked running after Alfie, Aribo, Kent and Arfield

Look over to the side line to see Jones, ojo and defoe coming on

They couldn't fake an injury quick enough

I read the same article mate. It was an article by the Liverpool Echo I think. Regardless, it was inaccurate. I think it meant an u-23 game but it didn’t say that.

Cheers mate, I thought it was in Jackson’s article in

cheers mate. I thought it was in Jackson’s article on the record. Should’ve checked before posting.

Aye that’s exactly it holding information from other bears.

You must be the most boring guy on here :D

I’ll make sure to withhold future information from you too.
Aye, that’s exactly it :)

Well not you personally. You just involved yourself in this for no reason. And ended up talking pish.

I

I love that team but no way are we playing them without Arfield!! He’s the main reason why we beat them twice last year.
i actually think of the two home games definitely and the 2-1 game kent was probably our best. definitely the two at Ibrox, however i think arfield should start. glad im not SG

i actually think of the two home games definitely and the 2-1 game kent was probably our best. definitely the two at Ibrox, however i think arfield should start. glad im not SG
As it stands, do you think we have enough out wide to beat them as well as we did in the last match?

Ojo is valued higher by Liverpool than Wilson and Kent . They put £25 million on Wilson's head and allegedly £7million for Kent . So I assume there is no way we can afford Ojo after his loan expires.
Wilson even after Klopp saying he was not going on any more loans has ended up at Bournemouth on a one year loan period. So it follows that .................he's coming home

I think Arfield will start 100%. Although I hope & pray we re-sign Kent I don’t think he will go straight into the starting 11 unless he signs within the next few days & plays a part in St.Mirren & Euro home tie.

Ojo has started really well but what a player to bring on to lift the team & the crowd...IF we sign him RK.

It’s exciting to say the least...:cool:

Kentwill not come until we get through this round and we have a guaranteed amount of money to pay to Liverpool for his services this year on loan and then permanently on an ongoing basis

If Kent was to come next week having not had any real game time under his belt I can’t seeing him start against them, 100% would be seeing him on the 60 min mark though

Imagine the lift the crowd would get him coming on to run them ragged the last half hour, there full defence would hit the deck with an injury

So, I know it’s bad form and I know I should go back and read another 11 pages, but could someone put me out of my misery by just telling me now whether or not he’s signed

I meant if Liverpool chose to snatch him back because his value had increased so they could cash in over an agreed buy cost to Rangers that they would pay the club X% of anything over the buy price agreed

Not a chance unfortunately. We are not in any sort of negotiating position to make a demand like that. If Liverpool are willing to sell to us then it is at a much lower price than they are quoted as wanting otherwise we couldn’t afford it. They would already be compromising quite a bit. I doubt we’d get far trying to be cheeky.

What Klopp said about Harry Wilson a couple of weeks ago.

Newcastle are unlikely to sign Liverpool winger Harry Wilson because he is not available on loan, Sky Sports News understands.
Steve Bruce was intent on bringing the 22-year-old to St James' Park on loan, but Jurgen Klopp has made it clear that another loan will not help his player's development, insisting that it is time the Welshman settled somewhere.
Liverpool are understood to value the Wales international at over £20m.

Seems Klopp changed his mind .Two weeks later he signed for Bournemouth on a one year loan .

So, I know it’s bad form and I know I should go back and read another 11 pages, but could someone put me out of my misery by just telling me now whether or not he’s signed
You'll know when he's signed, still doesn't stop me doing the same checks in hope lol

Over the course of the season I could see Jones becoming more productive than Kent was but I still want Kent back because the fear factor is real and can give us a psychological edge. It's also likely that Kent would have far better stats this season playing in a more confident team with 2 deadly strikers, we never had defoe for the first half of the season which I think is sometimes forgotten when people talk about the progress made in the starting 11. Davis and defoe are almost like new signings considering when they came in and how long it took to get sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back