Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojo is valued higher by Liverpool than Wilson and Kent . They put £25 million on Wilson's head and allegedly £7million for Kent . So I assume there is no way we can afford Ojo after his loan expires.
Wilson even after Klopp saying he was not going on any more loans has ended up at Bournemouth on a one year loan period. So it follows that .................he's coming home

How have you reached the conclusion Ojo is valued higher than Wilson by Klopp?

I'm not having a pop at Ojo but Wilson has had a couple of successful loans, is now playing in the epl & has been capped whilst Ojo has struggled in spells pre us.

What Klopp said about Harry Wilson a couple of weeks ago.

Newcastle are unlikely to sign Liverpool winger Harry Wilson because he is not available on loan, Sky Sports News understands.
Steve Bruce was intent on bringing the 22-year-old to St James' Park on loan, but Jurgen Klopp has made it clear that another loan will not help his player's development, insisting that it is time the Welshman settled somewhere.
Liverpool are understood to value the Wales international at over £20m.

Seems Klopp changed his mind .Two weeks later he signed for Bournemouth on a one year loan .

They had no choice! Liverpool are not getting the transfer fees they want for these players because they are unrealistic. Nobody was going to pay £20 million for Harry Wilson and nobody has offered £10 million for Kent as neither is worth even close to that figure!

They had no choice! Liverpool are not getting the transfer fees they want for these players because they are unrealistic. Nobody was going to pay £20 million for Harry Wilson and nobody has offered £10 million for Kent as neither is worth even close to that figure!

To be fair, compared to some of the insane prices in England, Liverpool’s expectations are par for the course. An OK left back who can’t walk was recently sold for £25mill!

Let's say you are selling your house for 500K, I want the house but can only pay 250K. Your not going to give me it for that price just because you have more money than I do.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Liverpool will, quite rightly, hold out for what they feel the player is worth. Only when/if no-one meets that valuation will they start negotiating the price, payment structure etc.

But that’s not how football works mate. Players are regularly sold for less than they are worth because the selling club will get a cut of future sale value and both clubs agree this is likely to increase.

But that’s not how football works mate. Players are regularly sold for less than they are worth because the selling club will get a cut of future sale value and both clubs agree this is likely to increase.
Which is why I said they will only start to negotiate when their value is not met.

My initial point was that they don’t just cut the price because they have more money than the buying club and an extra few mill ‘doesn’t matter to them’

They were adamant that Ejaria wasn't being loaned only sold, they then loaned him back to Reading with an obligation to buy

Reactions: TQ3
I really think we need to put this Kent stuff to bed as unless we have serious cash to spend it’s highly debatable it’s ever going to happen.

I'm not having a pop at Ojo but Wilson has had a couple of successful loans, is now playing in the epl & has been capped whilst Ojo has struggled in spells pre us.
Just the general consensus when we got him it from Liverpools end of the press was said on quite a few quotes from down south how highly they rated him .Obviously we
Totally agree wasn't saying they were fair values its just what Liverpool wanted for them mate . The point of the post was Klopp said exactly the same about Wilson not getting loaned again ,then a couple of weeks later done a complete 180 .
So logic dictates he will do the same with Kent

Just the general consensus when we got him it from Liverpools end of the press was said on quite a few quotes from down south how highly they rated him .Obviously we will find out

We are all going round in Circles with nothing new apart from crap from the Daily Rebel.
Well it isn’t is it there he been a few other sources commenting about it but the general idea is we want him and he wants to come but we just have to come up with some deal and hope Liverpool are willing to accept below £7m.

I have a theory in all of this. Klopp wants him sold. Klopp and Gerrard reportedly have a great relationship. It is being suggested that higher up in Liverpool are setting an unrealistic price. Perhaps Klopp is actually assisting us in all of this:

• Kent removed Liverpool content from his social media and posts cryptic merchandise and slave references
  • Kent is supposed to be training like a pro
  • Klopp retains Kent during the early window
  • Kent plays some preseason games
  • Kent then drops to Under 23s
  • Kent then drops out of Under 23s when the English window closes

Is it possible that course of events has made him unavailable to English clubs but now lowering his value when realistically only Rangers can/will come in for him? Klopp playing a blinder for Rangers and Kent?

Well it isn’t is it there he been a few other sources commenting about it but the general idea is we want him and he wants to come but we just have to come up with some deal and hope Liverpool are willing to accept below £7m.

What sources , 4 lads and DE has said it’s a Rumour, Admins on here have said no changes still the same .

Regarding all the Klopp bashing, I would assume that Liverpool has a DoF, finance guys et al who do all the agent talk and transfer dealings, once they knows what the manager's plans are. It is them who stand in Kent`s way, not exactly Klopp. Would be the same with SG.

BTW, I saw Kent and Wilson playing together in some of their pre-season games and they really looked smashing together. You`d hope we snatch 55 soonish, get into the CL and then can think about more serious cash splashing for someone of Wilson`s quality (though not exactly 20m).

I have a theory in all of this. Klopp wants him sold. Klopp and Gerrard reportedly have a great relationship. It is being suggested that higher up in Liverpool are setting an unrealistic price. Perhaps Klopp is actually assisting us in all of this:

• Kent removed Liverpool content from his social media and posts cryptic merchandise and slave references

Is it possible that course of events has made him unavailable to English clubs but now lowering his value when realistically only Rangers can/will come in for him? Klopp playing a blinder for Rangers and Kent?
Stuff like this is just mental.

Common sense tells you Liverpool had issues with losing players to African nations and south American equivalent there three main forwards were away all summer ,they needed to rest on returning .Klopp would have been an idiot letting Kent come back earlier . Now that they are all back fit and rested Klopp will be easier to deal with

This is just my opinion and reading of the situation.

The Record article has come from Kent’s representatives. Liverpool want to sell Kent, but if there isn’t a buyer this window then they would need to try sell at a future window. It makes business sense for them to let Kent go on a loan to buy late in window for as much as they can get otherwise his value will fall further if playing in U23s.

We aren’t in a position to throw £5m right now because a) we don’t have it at the moment and b) financial fair play will play a part for us given we compete in Europe and our recent accounts.

This won’t come to a head until we can guarantee a revenue stream (I.e. qualify for Europe) and until Liverpool get to the point where they know we are the only interested party. I’d expect this to move forward mid-late next week unless we demolish Legia tonight.

Again, this is all just my opinion.

I'm glad someone said it haha.
Klopp helping us is every bit as mental as the Klopp helping the poets chat.

I agree, it could well be. The one thing that doesn't make sense is saying Kent can't go out on loan when other players of his age and standing can. No one is coming in for him so why deny him a loan unless there has been a private conversation about Rangers getting some kind of permament deal in place should we make the EL group stages? There is definitely something going on imho.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though - just ask my Wife!

I agree, it could well be. The one thing that doesn't make sense is saying Kent can't go out on loan when other players of his age and standing can. No one is coming in for him so why deny him a loan unless there has been a private conversation about Rangers getting some kind of permament deal in place should we make the EL group stages? There is definitely something going on imho.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though - just ask my Wife!
Agree and I thought that all along tbf mate it's the most sensible approach.
We want Kent. Kent wants to be with us. We need the cash (guaranteed at least if not physically in the bank) first to bring him in.
He is known to be Gerrard's crown jewel and, if signed, will be our biggest signing in terms of £££ for what? A decade?
I hope we get a good lead tonight and he is announced tomorrow tbh.
Imagine the variations of the front 3 we can have? Frightening.

We have been told lots of stuff over months and years a high percentage of this stuff has never happened.

Unless someone comes on and sticks their neck on the line or Docstone comments I won’t get excited.

No, it’s actually that Klopp’s shiting himself, knowing that Kent will help bring 55, Stevie G then becomes a wanted man by Liverpool and before you know it, Klopp’s signing on. If he gives a good interview, Klopp could replace Stevie G at ours and of course, the upside for him is that we can then buy Kent with the compensation we get for Stevie G.

Well - you started it.

time to close the thread when folk start posting the old "right, if I own a house and want Xamount for it"

I feel that a lot depends on tonight's score. If we win then there will be a cunning plan in place to snatch Kent. A season long loan with a certain transfer fee next summer keeps Klopp happy and SG even happier. We get Kent for a reasonable fee, Liverpool can say they played hard ball with us and we get Kent which is the main thing.

Perhaps our DofF is a Professor of Cunning at Oxford University after all.

Gerrard wants Kent at Ibrox this season but only on a loan basis. Reason being we will win the League. Liverpool will come in for Gerrard. Gerrard can then have Kent at Liverpool without spending a penny. Sorry. Just trying to add to the madness of this thread.

Just the general consensus when we got him it from Liverpools end of the press was said on quite a few quotes from down south how highly they rated him .Obviously we will find out

I wouldnt believe everything you read however it would be fantastic for us if he performs up to such level of expectation.

Anyway lets hope we can add kent as well.

Gerrard wants Kent at Ibrox this season but only on a loan basis. Reason being we will win the League. Liverpool will come in for Gerrard. Gerrard can then have Kent at Liverpool without spending a penny. Sorry. Just trying to add to the madness of this thread.
Kent won't ever make it at Liverpool no matter if Gerrard was in charge of them

You’ll be lucky to see tonight’s game if you are this drunk already mate :))

Right, that’s it, this is a new level of fucking mentalness.

You have the honour of being the poster who has got this thread locked.

I’m sure a new one will be started in due course... :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back