Daily Record and Sun playing us like fiddles

ibrox1975

Quite an interesting back story to why Sun and Record post so many hopeless stories about us and them
Red tops like Sun/Record are very obviously really struggling to make ends meet, if you consider where they were in the 1970s- 90s
Both are in BIG BIG trouble circulation wise, both dying on their arses and quite quickly
Both deploy this painfully pathetic strategy of posting a “positive or negative Rangers story” online knowing damn well there will be a huge reaction by both sets of supporters- especially the Tims though for some reason
Then they post a “positive or negative Celtc story “ online and they get pretty much the same tired responses from all concerned
The Sun/Record just repeat this tactic over and over and over again and they get huge number on online hits thus the sun/Record gets advertising revenue
They both realised that there is no story too ridiculous of banal the same folks come out giving them the hits… you get the same really old and tired crap posted each and every time
Either “youse are only 10 years old” etc etc sevco blah blah
Or “you’re a bunch of child molesters “ etc etc
Meanwhile the Sun/Record are counting the hits and the money being generated there is no actual journalism involved in this as the stories are horse shit
It’s a big game of “he said”, “she said “
What I would say is don’t give them the hits.
It’s pretty damn depressing

We know their print media is tumbling, but what are their website stats? People say they get massive hits from here but we maybe see one article a day and often the whole article is pasted in.

This is hardly groundbreaking.

It’s not just us and them.

All papers do it for clickbaiting.

So and so ‘looking completely unrecognisable’ when all the difference is they now have a beard
I Wasn’t saying it was groundbreaking information far from it, however it is obvious that “we” (as in the Rangers support ) are still clicking on these absolutely absurd articles online though

The tedious links to football clubs to tell a story that has nothing whatsoever to do with the club or football is nothing short of disgraceful.

Stories like a "Rangers daft" thug involved in a brawl at a Glasgow nightclub, featuring a 6 year old photo of said thug in a Rangers kit, stolen from their social media. Or reporting a crime or incident that just happens to fall on the date of a Rangers game and it has to be mentioned, even though it's nothing to do with the game or the club.

If the story directly relates to football then fair enough but if not then I don't really care which football team someone supports. An arsehole is an arsehole no matter what team they support.

It amazes me that any business would allow a publication to damage their brand in this way and still let them in the building.

I see the record are attempting to stoke the sectarian coals with a story about our Polish full back taking his lovely girlfriend to Rome and to Vatican City for a short Romantic break.

The Record are the lowest of the low
I can't wait til they are no more

Printed Press Journalism is gone, and is never coming back. Even when you go to the website of the last few remaining remnants, you get a biased opinion piece created with Google searches and Social Media trawling. Scroll down past their opinion piece and you get a never ending stream of clickbait with stories like "you won't believe what Dog the Bounty Hunters son looks like", or "25 Holywood actors you didn't know were gay".

Proper journalist have pissed off and left behind the trash and people just out of college with their HNC.

This is hardly groundbreaking.

It’s not just us and them.

All papers do it for clickbaiting.

So and so ‘looking completely unrecognisable’ when all the difference is they now have a beard
Or inside [Insert z lister Scots football personality] plush pad as former [insert club] ace sells up.

Supercomputer crunches the numbers and predicts [insert team] chances in [insert tournament]

Absolute garbage - every time you read one of these articles a brain cell dies - I’m convinced journos write up their awful wee pieces then run them through some sort of software that translates what they have written into stock tabloid phrasery like ‘big-wigs’, ‘crunch talks’, ‘boffins’, ‘botched op’

Absolutely tedious shit

You're only playing their game if you buy their rag.
Or go to their websites. Should FF not just ban any links or posts to their website. I couldn’t care less what they say about us now. Their agenda is set and won’t change. In fact I can see it only getting worse as the OP says, they need to create the crap online to stay relevant and create revenue.

Then there was the hearts celtic FAN trouble

A group of hearts fans and a group of fans wearing Green.
To be fair it could have been Plymouth argyle fans the Jambos were fighting as the Celtic fans run away when faced by all accounts so the paper would have known that

Or go to their websites. Should FF not just ban any links or posts to their website. I couldn’t care less what they say about us now. Their agenda is set and won’t change. In fact I can see it only getting worse as the OP says, they need to create the crap online to stay relevant and create revenue.
Their not relevant tho,hence the numbers dropping.Eventually they'll go bust.

How many evening times vendors do you see in Glasgow ?

You're only playing their game if you buy their rag.
Or click on their online version and that’s my point
They earn money through advertising online, so the link is “free” for us to click on but they paid paid through online advertising that’s the change in model we have to be aware of… cut them off by not clicking their links mate

Story about Celtic - hits from Celtic supporters.

Story about Rangers - hits from all of Scotland.

But yeah, they don't need us.

Quite an interesting back story to why Sun and Record post so many hopeless stories about us and them
Red tops like Sun/Record are very obviously really struggling to make ends meet, if you consider where they were in the 1970s- 90s
Both are in BIG BIG trouble circulation wise, both dying on their arses and quite quickly
Both deploy this painfully pathetic strategy of posting a “positive or negative Rangers story” online knowing damn well there will be a huge reaction by both sets of supporters- especially the Tims though for some reason
Then they post a “positive or negative Celtc story “ online and they get pretty much the same tired responses from all concerned
The Sun/Record just repeat this tactic over and over and over again and they get huge number on online hits thus the sun/Record gets advertising revenue
They both realised that there is no story too ridiculous of banal the same folks come out giving them the hits… you get the same really old and tired crap posted each and every time
Meanwhile the Sun/Record are counting the hits and the money being generated there is no actual journalism involved in this as the stories are horse shit
they have played that game since I was a boy many many years ago mate.

Last edited:
Blows my mind that some people don’t realise that this has been the case for years. It’s the same as Superscoreboard. Numbers down a bit and not enough calls? Say something daft about Rangers, Hugh. Watch the switch board light up.

We know their print media is tumbling, but what are their website stats? People say they get massive hits from here but we maybe see one article a day and often the whole article is pasted in.
Because you probably get plenty of the Uber staunch on here that hiss at every DR or Sun article and wax lyrical about how they should be avoided at all costs then 2 seconds later their clicking about DR and Sun web pages. I can almost guarantee that happens.

Well it doesn't help matters when you see what happened in the Womens Old Firm last night at the end..

Our women's assistant manager headbutted the celtic manager at the end of the game from behind. Big story on it now

Daily Record is now just a glorified Celtic fanzine. And it looks like most Scots couldn’t care less either.

The massive circulation drop from 454,427+ during the Murray years, to the latest ABC count of 75,696, can’t just be put down to a Rangers boycott alone.

If only we all could just ignore them all but everyday there's a post about Sutton, Hartson or The Record etc.

We all agree with what you say in principal but I don't see where the negative Celtic stories are. I don't see many positive Rangers stories either.

I find their bias more annoying than the point you are making.

Where is the 8 page pull out on the scum child abuse scandal. I would give them the hits for that story but when it comes down to it they care more about protecting their team than doing their jobs in a professional manner.

Ya think lol they have played that game since I was a boy many many years ago mate.
Just read some of the responses on here, saying “don’t buy the paper” I genuinely think that because clicking the online link is “free” that some people don’t appreciate that the Record or Sun ARE earning from that online context
So you can post your overly sickly smug post as you have … but it’s clear that this thread needs to be created to let those online clickers know they are feeding the beast as well.
Avoid

Just read some of the responses on here, saying “don’t buy the paper” I genuinely think that because clicking the online link is “free” that some people don’t appreciate that the Record or Sun ARE earning from that online context
So you can post your overly sickly smug post as you have … but it’s clear that this thread needs to be created to let those online clickers know they are feeding the beast as well.
Avoid
You are correct my original post was poorly directed I’ve edited it.

It's a Tim propaganda machine, the amount of pro-Celtic garbage you see on their Facebook page is nauseating. Any story about or relating to Rangers is 90% Tim trolls and commenters, some life they have.
I wouldn't credit them with crafting a 'Propaganda Campaign' - I just assume the Rangers bad / celtic good formula generates the most traffic.

Nothing more than a basic algorithm.

it’s bizarre that they continue with a strategy that doesn’t sell papers, just not that bright the responsibility is with me not to read their shite

Not bought the sun or record in years same reason I don't pay the TV licence the BBC are no better anti rangers scumbags , I only use streaming sites not watched live TV in a couple of years.
Same mate.
I also use an adblock browser or duckduckgo to open their links so they don't get the advertising hit from it.

On a side note, I had a letter from tv licence saying they're staring an investigation or something due to no licence here. Can they do that?

I never read any of it save for what appears here.
Some of it is inane drivel such as Sutton "warns".
I do have to disagree with the fact that it stops there.Some of it imo goes beyond the click bait and is biased against us. The recent Cantwell and prior to that the seeds of the Tillman articles.Both designed to vilify talented players.The Cantwell articles and punditry where a disgrace.Then we have the absolutely morally corrupt articles that cunningly attempt to imply a Celtic fan was murdered after watching the EL Final when there was no link. Either with being a celtic fan or football.
Then there's the manipulative response to VAR and referees and the outright dismissal of the facts when it comes to penalties conceded.
In isolation not much but it seems to happen at every opportunity and it seems to benefit one team.

Last edited:
Evening Times, Herald also publishing the "National"

Daily Record & the Express = same company

They print their garbage to appeal to that readership.

They have to fill their "newspapers" with content. Made up or real. They also need the clicks so they can say to advertisers that their advert will reach xxx number of people. Obviously printed sales are continuing to drop so they need clickbait headlines to drive traffic.

Some ar$ehole says "_____________________" (usually someone like Sutton)

Outrage, response, further response then rinse and repeat.

They even pull garbage from social media! Some random retard says something and off we go.

Fake transfer rumours. That has been going on for years.

It is busy out there as all types of media compete with each other for people's attention.

"Newspapers" are dying a slow death and it's easy to see why.

That’s a massive leap . Not advocating burning books ffs. U would still be free to read article and discuss if u wish but just don’t post links that give them revenue.

The only people getting played are the ones that buy the rags and hit their websites.

They are the ones subscribing to AND paying the wages of our haters.

The Rangers hating so called journalists , whatever rat they drag out the gutter and clowns like Sutton, Hartson, etc are all getting paid by people in our support.

Why pay these clowns their wages ?

Why pay organisations that clearly hate us ?

Don't buy the rags.

Don't give them the hits.

Don't give them the money.

Same mate.
I also use an adblock browser or duckduckgo to open their links so they don't get the advertising hit from it.

On a side note, I had a letter from tv licence saying they're staring an investigation or something due to no licence here. Can they do that?
We've had them at the door didn't let them in, told them we stream only they accepted what we told them but because we have a TV they would have to follow up with a home inspection with a warrant,we got a letter a couple of weeks later telling us this but no date don't have anything to hide if they get in with a warrant but they check everything phones,laptops and tablets everything that can receive live transmissions has to be looked at.

Back