Daily Record and Sun playing us like fiddles

I really dont get the issue with this. It is a piece of piss to get through life without ever reading or looking at a copy of the Record/Sun/other tabloid whith no detriment to your life whatsoever.

They want to write shit about Rangers? So f88k? Who's reading it anyway? Only yahoos and bears who live to be annoyed as far as i can tell.

Quite an interesting back story to why Sun and Record post so many hopeless stories about us and them
Red tops like Sun/Record are very obviously really struggling to make ends meet, if you consider where they were in the 1970s- 90s
Both are in BIG BIG trouble circulation wise, both dying on their arses and quite quickly
Both deploy this painfully pathetic strategy of posting a “positive or negative Rangers story” online knowing damn well there will be a huge reaction by both sets of supporters- especially the Tims though for some reason
Then they post a “positive or negative Celtc story “ online and they get pretty much the same tired responses from all concerned
The Sun/Record just repeat this tactic over and over and over again and they get huge number on online hits thus the sun/Record gets advertising revenue
They both realised that there is no story too ridiculous of banal the same folks come out giving them the hits… you get the same really old and tired crap posted each and every time
Either “youse are only 10 years old” etc etc sevco blah blah
Or “you’re a bunch of child molesters “ etc etc
Meanwhile the Sun/Record are counting the hits and the money being generated there is no actual journalism involved in this as the stories are horse shit
It’s a big game of “he said”, “she said “
What I would say is don’t give them the hits.
It’s pretty damn depressing
We are not only ten years old. They ARE child molestors.

Think you’ve missed the point of my thread sensible Steve mate
We’re all being played mate
We’re not all getting played at all as I never go on their sites and never buy their papers.

As a poster above says - if it wasn’t being posted on here most of us wouldn’t have a clue what they’re saying and, to add to that, the posts on here about their stories doubtless then gets them more hits

We've had them at the door didn't let them in, told them we stream only they accepted what we told them but because we have a TV they would have to follow up with a home inspection with a warrant,we got a letter a couple of weeks later telling us this but no date don't have anything to hide if they get in with a warrant but they check everything phones,laptops and tablets everything that can receive live transmissions has to be looked at.
Thanks
Just won't be answering the door to them then

I stopped buying "Newspapers" during Dick Advocatts 2nd season when we won the league at a canter in a 21 points record at the time. I was brought up reading the Daily Record and decided to stop because of the "Stories" that were getting printed. We were a great team then with so many Dutch stars but somehow our name was getting dragged through the gutter at any opportunity. It gave the haters ammunition and something to try and take the shine off of us winning more silverware. David Murray had a lot to do with this and should have stood up for our great club instead of the stupid "Dignified Silence". This stance IMHO allowed more and more "journalists" to pen their hate and more and more came out the woodwork and I ended up giving up on The Sun, Express and Daily Mail too. Some of the journalists I noticed were constantly writing negative stuff. The same names kept cropping up and would never hear of them printing a good positive story about us. Nothing has changed and wish our board really took these fückers to task on all of these shit and twisted articles. Fück them all.

I see the record are attempting to stoke the sectarian coals with a story about our Polish full back taking his lovely girlfriend to Rome and to Vatican City for a short Romantic break.

The Record are the lowest of the low
I can't wait til they are no more
Scum journalism.

Over three decades in the industry tells me there is no future whatsoever for newspapers.
Having said that, they are looking at other ways of monetizing the content online.
However, these big companies are dying, and don’t know what to do about it.
They are trying everything they know to maintain their power base, but are struggling more and more every year.
I keep warning about the Rangers review owned by Newsquest.
Dressing themselves up as something they’re not is a tactic that is well worn in the media industry.
I am looking forward to the day in the near future when one of the big titles closes for good.

Quite an interesting back story to why Sun and Record post so many hopeless stories about us and them
Red tops like Sun/Record are very obviously really struggling to make ends meet, if you consider where they were in the 1970s- 90s
Both are in BIG BIG trouble circulation wise, both dying on their arses and quite quickly
Both deploy this painfully pathetic strategy of posting a “positive or negative Rangers story” online knowing damn well there will be a huge reaction by both sets of supporters- especially the Tims though for some reason
Then they post a “positive or negative Celtc story “ online and they get pretty much the same tired responses from all concerned
The Sun/Record just repeat this tactic over and over and over again and they get huge number on online hits thus the sun/Record gets advertising revenue
They both realised that there is no story too ridiculous of banal the same folks come out giving them the hits… you get the same really old and tired crap posted each and every time
Either “youse are only 10 years old” etc etc sevco blah blah
Or “you’re a bunch of child molesters “ etc etc
Meanwhile the Sun/Record are counting the hits and the money being generated there is no actual journalism involved in this as the stories are horse shit
It’s a big game of “he said”, “she said “
What I would say is don’t give them the hits.
It’s pretty damn depressing
THE SUN THE RECORD,not even to be used as toilet paper,as one post said only time i hear about them is on here!

Not sure what the fuss is.

The print industry is in a downturn and these rags publish stories that generate the biggest hits they can get from a core readership who are attracted to sensationalist fluff. Big deal.

As others have said, the only time I know anything about what these papers have in them is by being exposed to it on FF.

Genuinely haven’t picked one up in years.

Those who do read them and care what they have to say are a very small number who probably just do it out of habit.

Anyone who phones that Hotline rubbish is another level and probably needs intervention from people who care about their mental health.

Back