Daily Record: Celtic FC cleared Boys' Club bosses over 'scurrilous' abuse claims in 1986

indianabluenose

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...news/celtic-fc-cleared-boys-club-16158020.amp
Celtic FC investigated and cleared Celtic Boys’ Club “leaders” of wrongdoing after complaints in the 80s, the Record can reveal.The club’s probe described abuse claims as “scurrilous” and said those “placed under a cloud” would go to court if necessary to make sure the stories “are buried once and for all”.Concerns were voiced in the 80s about boys being taken out socially when no matches were scheduled, arriving home late, and being taken away to tournaments that did not exist. But the club’s probe described abuse claims as “scurrilous” and said that those who had been “placed under a cloud” would go to court if necessary to make sure the stories “are buried once and for all”.
The Record can reveal Celtic FC were aware of claims surrounding the boys’ club as far back as 1986.

Last edited by a moderator:
0_JS182658681.jpg

If you look at the pictures there and see the tormented look on young Kennys face even then, that's a look of 'I don't want to be here with that beast here'

Absolutely shocking and I hope that he and other survivors get closure in some shape or form sooner rather than later.

The boys club has nothing to do with us.

Eh, you have evidence that we are totally linked?

Is it just me that thinks the Cullen photographer was set up as a fall guy for the bin bag pics all those years ago ?
A photographer with Celtic Football Club has admitted a charge of indecency against boys aged as young as 10.
Glasgow Sheriff Court heard that pictures taken of young boys were hidden in a store room at Celtic Park for nearly 20 years by John Cullen.
He admitted inviting the children to a house in Glasgow between January and December 1982 before getting them to pose for the camera.Cullen, who worked for the official club magazine Celtic View, was dismissed from Celtic Park in June 2002 after nearly 30 years.

Why is the Celtic View printing clarifications concerning a separate entity?
makes you wonder

Unbelievable and utterly disgusting. This rancid excuse for a football club are going go with this. Wilfully neglecting/ignoring and blaming the victims by using terms like scurrilous to describe this is beyond belief! They knew, turned a blind eye and enabled it. Makes me sick!

Why would Celtic hold an enquiry into an organisation they claim to be a separate entity I wonder? Why would they feel the need to get involved? Why would they have the authority to hold an enquiry? Unless, of course.......
This was my next question .

That is one of the smoking guns the victims were waiting on, next will be the rumoured non disclosure agreements, and the current Celtic board will have nowhere to hide.

I genuinely can’t believe a club usually so savvy when it comes to PR went down that route, had they taken ownership and laid the blame at their predecessors they would have faced initial embarrassment, but at least they wouldn’t have been accused as been as bad as the board at the time.

Washing their hands of the victims with the ‘separate entity’ sham makes them look every bit as crass.

Last edited:
That's a great find Indianabluenose.
I can't see how they can squirm out of that...although they will probably try.

I would assume if the mark Daly documentary is as daming as I think it will be,there will be further arrests and ex high profile Celtic employees brought in for questioning.

Ho, ho. Mark Daly doing a documentary regards the goings on at the cesspit?

That's as funny as Clint Eastwood in a 'Fistful of Dollars' when he says; 'Now if you just apologise to my mule as I know you're going to'

If this so called hard-hitting, award winning, fraud ever did a documentary on this subject it would be a puff piece designed to serve up some damage limitation on behalf of the filth.

But what I can't get my head around is the rhebel here. They are in the pay of the filth, so I can't get my head round this piece at all.

Maybe it's too early in the week for this tiny mind of mine.

Was Poirot or Columbo part of the cfc board at the time ? Who was qualified on the cfc board to investigate such serious allegations? this was a matter for the police to handle , paedophiles do not belong to one faith or race , they infest all walks of life there is no shame in having them in an organisation , the shame is knowing about it and enabling it , for which there is no excuse. I hope the enablers face jail time just like the perpetrators , and the victims can find peace.

Ho, ho. Mark Daly doing a documentary regards the goings on at the cesspit?

That's as funny as Clint Eastwood in a 'Fistful of Dollars' when he says; 'Now if you just apologise to my mule as I know you're going to'

If this so called hard-hitting, award winning, fraud ever did a documentary on this subject it would be a puff piece designed to serve up some damage limitation on behalf of the filth.

But what I can't get my head around is the rhebel here. They are in the pay of the filth, so I can't get my head round this piece at all.

Maybe it's too early in the week for this tiny mind of mine.
Was Daly not the one who tracked down Torbett in America?

They wanted the stories ‘buried once and for all’. That is absolutely damning.

Disgusting sewer of a club.
I've always thought they would get away with this but not after this article.

Sickening and they should be shut down.

That is one of the smoking guns the victims were waiting on, next will be the rumoured non disclosure agreements, and the current Celtic board will have nowhere to hide.

I genuinely can’t believe a club usually so savvy when it comes to PR went down that route, had they taken ownership and laid the blame at their predecessors they would have faced initial embarrassment, but at least they wouldn’t have been accused as been as bad as the board at the time.

Washing their hands of the victims with the ‘separate entity’ sham makes them look every bit as crass.

It happens all the time, all over the world - some person or organisation has so much power and influence that they think they are untouchable and can do what they want with zero consequences.

There actions over the past 20 years influencing/threatening the press and keeping a stranglehold over any narrative related to their rancid club is actually going to be their downfall.

That sums it up for me. But they went down the 'Celtic FC never do wrong route'. Abhorrent

Back