Daily Record closes its FootballScotland website

Tony the Tadger's finest moment in the Daily Record bar none.

ANTHONY HAGGERTY - Celtic 2 PSG 2

The most expensive football team ever assembled against a side who always seem to rise to the occasion in Glasgow East End on a Champions League night. Should be a no contest right? Think again. The Hoops will stun Neymar , Mbappe and company by plundering a point.

*Narrator's voice - Celtic lost 5-0*

Sorry for being daft as I don't click record stuff.. What is this, the whole football, twitter thing shutdown?

CarefreeWelllitAlligator-size_restricted.gif

Tony, before he had a permanent Record gig, used to frequent the same press boxes covering games that I did. His hero was always with him even back then at places like Love Street.

It just made him look like a wee specky shitebag who needed his Dad around for reassurance and validation.

The Celtic in him oozed from every one of his many, many plooks even back then.

Not surprised that Football Scotland closed.

There was literally no difference between it and the Record. The same sensationalist nonsense. There was no USP.

The most expensive football team ever assembled against a side who always seem to rise to the occasion in Glasgow East End on a Champions League night. Should be a no contest right? Think again. The Hoops will stun Neymar , Mbappe and company by plundering a point.

Beautiful.

:D :D Beautiful.

Was anyone ever in any doubt of the allegiances of Anthony Haggerty?

What a shame , I’m sure they will have plenty time to reflect while waiting to see the Universal credit folk

Tony, before he had a permanent Record gig, used to frequent the same press boxes covering games that I did. His hero was always with him even back then at places like Love Street.

It just made him look like a wee specky shitebag who needed his Dad around for reassurance and validation.

The Celtic in him oozed from every one of his many, many plooks even back then.

Was his father a priest?

I don’t need to read that or any of his other pieces to know what he is.

One glimpse of that photo, albeit through the cracks in my fingers, I’d enough to tell anyone what he is.

You would have thought back when sales were tanking but very probably could have had a fair chance of recovering some plus updating and embracing modern media.

You would have thought they would have looked at what was causing the problems ie falling sales and acting to try to recover them.
I still think there a place for a good newspaper and sports paper in the west of scotland but when you alienate the majority and sideline constantly sniddy remarks and attacks on the biggest support
is it any wonder your business model is a dead dug.

Back