Daily Record in "we're thick as mince" shocker

MWhite

An entire headline and story on entirely the wrong player.

fPWjum27BHEH.jpg

Gerrard shrugged off the controversy and outside criticism of the goalkeeper, with Allan McGregor remaining on the bench, as he hailed the performance from the stopper.

When asked by Rangers TV about how McLaughlin dusted himself down after the penalty foul, he said: "He was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

'I've almost been smiling in disbelief really at some of the reaction on the outside. I keep an eye on everything inside and outside.

"Jon is a fantastic player. He has showed his quality in the last three games. Okay, he has been finding his feet. It does take time to get up to speed with how people play, but he was an absolute powerhouse today.

"He was man of the match and the best player on the pitch by a mile."

Bore off - there's a reason I copy and pasted so others didn't need to go to the site.

I also have ad-blocking on both my device and my gateway.

Thanks for your concern and tremendous input though.
We need to nominate one Bear in Scotland to read the lefty hate rag and summarise all the hateful tripe for the rest of us. I'd feel sorry for that poor f@cker :D

To be fair it took me a minute to realise he was talking about lundstram.

I'm not thick as %^*& like the record journalists though so I eventually clicked.

Bore off - there's a reason I copy and pasted so others didn't need to go to the site.

Thanks for your concern and tremendous input though
he's not the brightest pin in the pack....don't worry about it

I wish people would stop giving them attention. We are calling them thick as mince while Rangers twitter/ forums share that tweets/ articles that people click on to read and laugh at them. Those clicks generate income revenue for them.

I appreciate the OP has only shared a screenshot but my point stands. I feel like everyday on here and on twitter there is constant interaction with DR one way or another. We are keeping them relevant.

I did find it a wee bit strange that SG mentioned the chat from outside and inside as he usually says he doesn't pay any attention to outside noise, but l suppose it's difficult to avoid at times.

I wish people would stop giving them attention. We are calling them thick as mince while Rangers twitter/ forums share that tweets/ articles that people click on to read and laugh at them. Those clicks generate income revenue for them.

I appreciate the OP has only shared a screenshot but my point stands. I feel like everyday on here and on twitter there is constant interaction with DR one way or another. We are keeping them relevant.

No revenue generated when their ads don't load.

It's a difficult one. It's like calling out racism on social media. There's a school of thought which says some people get off on the attention, but it's hard to ignore.

It's a difficult one. It's like calling out racism on social media. There's a school of thought which says some people get off on the attention, but it's hard to ignore.
I get what you mean mate but it's a bit of a false equivalence when we are talking about calling out inaccuracies within an article.

If I was making the point in respect of people calling out the tweets of their journalists then fair enough. But what I'm referring to is the sharing of their articles for whatever reason. We are generating traffic to their site. So long as they can show advertisers the traffic their articles generate then they will find one willing to fill the gap left by any client who has been guided by their ethical compass. Thus, by giving their articles any sort of attention we indirectly keep them relevant and allow them to offer a platform for them to sell their advertising estate.

If you really can't help yourself and want to show others a tweet then doing what the OP has done by screenshotting it is what you should do. However, I would argue that that would eventually still result on traffic for their site.

How can a journalist be so bad?

It just shows you how little they actually pay attention to our club. Why do they care so much they dont have media access? Not like they paid attention anyways.

Even if you genuinely believe it was mclaughlin he was talking about, surely you'd step back and think "Wait, who criticised him?" All I've heard from him is praise..

It really is a laughable little rat infested comic book and it’s incredible it’s still selling but I suppose it serves it’s main readers well with the shit they fill it with. Those of a Rangers persuasion who buy it are numb nuts plain and simple.

Thanks for your concern and tremendous input though.
Do us a favour and don't bother next time.

fPWjum27BHEH.jpg

Gerrard shrugged off the controversy and outside criticism of the goalkeeper, with Allan McGregor remaining on the bench, as he hailed the performance from the stopper.

When asked by Rangers TV about how McLaughlin dusted himself down after the penalty foul, he said: "He was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

'I've almost been smiling in disbelief really at some of the reaction on the outside. I keep an eye on everything inside and outside.

"Jon is a fantastic player. He has showed his quality in the last three games. Okay, he has been finding his feet. It does take time to get up to speed with how people play, but he was an absolute powerhouse today.

This IMHO is the gaffer making an error and talking about Lundstram rather than McLaughlin that the RTV interviewer had intended. As much as I despise the Rebel(DON'T BUY, DON'T CLICK, DON'T SHARE) They've reported how the conversation went which is unusual to say the least.

If the DR editor was smart, he'd be asking himself why that is
Not really. The DR editor knows that no matter what is printed it will (daily) find it's way onto a forum of people who will not read it ( :D ) and somehow this will create interest in the story, keeping the newspaper very relevant in the eyes of people who claim it's an irrelevance and is about to fold.

Took me a minute must admit.

Incompetent arseholes.

If that rhag isn't infuriating me with their double-standards and treatment of Rangers supporters and Unionists/Loyalists they have me shaking my head in disbelief at how amateur'ish and feeble they are when it comes to standards.

It's hard to think that this paper was once a Scottish institution in a once proud Scotland.
It's only older guys like me that can remember when that was the case.

W.A.T.P.

Not really. The DR editor knows that no matter what is printed it will (daily) find it's way onto a forum of people who will not read it ( :D ) and somehow this will create interest in the story, keeping the newspaper very relevant in the eyes of people who claim it's an irrelevance and is about to fold.

Care to explain to me the valid business model where they get no ad revenue from one person viewing a page and showing it to others? I'm keen on taking advantage of this clearly unbelievably simple money-making scheme.

Care to explain to me the valid business model where they get no ad revenue from one person viewing a page and showing it to others? I'm keen on taking advantage of this clearly unbelievably simple money-making scheme.
I don't need to explain the intricacies of one of thousands and thousands of Gers fans who access/buy the DR then share it to folk who have no interest in reading it :D

fPWjum27BHEH.jpg

Hahahahaha!! They are an utter joke!

Back