Daily Record journalists predictions for the Union game

That's us out then!

Seriously, early goal and get the crowd going and we should be good. Anything else and I fear the worst.

2 against Livi, 2 againt Killie, 3 against Union? If they try to shut up shop, I dunno.

Think this might be one of those games where throwing caution to the wind and hitting them with everything early on is justified.
The cautious cat and mouse approach and being over wary of their counter attack might just let them build confidence.

Here we go.

Early goal and USG crumble, Half time 0-0 and we just go into ourselves and the crowd gets on the back of the players

Its up to the players to come out first 25 mins all guns blazing.

My thoughts exactly. We don't do too well standing off, I'm still confused by what happened in the first leg tactically.

We tried to do what worked so well for us last year and keep it tight in the first leg, try for a draw/narrow defeat, and blast them to bits at Ibrox.

Except we weren't clicking in the way we were during that run, too many new faces, and it fell flat.

Let's just hope we can still do the 2nd part of the plan and claw our way back in tonight.

High Tempo, Screaming crowd atmosphere.Lock the back door, Get at them from the start, gotta feed our striker's, take our chances,we are due a set piece goal from our CBS.
BELIEVE.

Other than relying on the atmosphere or memories of last seasons performances, I have seen nothing from us so far this season to suggest a barnstorming performance that takes us through.
Thats the head talking.
heart says we score in first 5 mins and go on to pump them by 3 goals

Gio shat,let's be honest. And by the time he tried to change things it was too late.
I think this might be the case, however unpalatable. We do so much better when on the front foot. The battle fever is building. WATP.

I think most football savvy people saw the game last week and realised it wasn't a true reflection of us and that Union weren't great…

If we put in a Leipzig / Braga effort tonight then we’ll blow them away and quite rightly I’d expect nothing less.

To go out tonight would be unthinkable.

To be fair, we have played a lot of European football since Malmo.

If we let nerves play a part, we will go out.

We have, but in truth I take more parrarells from that tie than any of our Europa league ones.

Navigating champions league qualifiers so early in the season just isn’t something we or that mob have had much success with.

If we have a tremendous night we might just do this but the whole “early goal and we’ll be fine” mentality is a touch optimistic I think.

It's all about the first 20-30 minutes IMO. Need to come out all guns blazing!
I don't see it that way. We have 90 minutes to get 2 goals and another 30 for the 3rd. We were 0-0 on Saturday and scored 2 in the second half. It would be nice to get early goals, but we must not go gung ho and leave ourselves open to the counter.

I think most football savvy people saw the game last week and realised it wasn't a true reflection of us and that Union weren't great…

If we put in a Leipzig / Braga effort tonight then we’ll blow them away and quite rightly I’d expect nothing less.

To go out tonight would be unthinkable.
It’s the most realistic outcome after last week.

To go out in this tie prior to last week would have been disappointing at best.

To go through in the tie after last week would be an incredible and historic turnaround.

I don’t think Union are as average as many believe. They are being too easily dismissed.

Penalties won’t be a surprise.

It’s the most realistic outcome after last week.

To go out in this tie prior to last week would have been disappointing at best.

To go through in the tie after last week would be an incredible and historic turnaround.

We would probably be that mob’s biggest scalp, fair to say that?

We would probably be that mob’s biggest scalp, fair to say that?
Probably mate but we’ve never ever overturned a 2 goal deficit in Europe. Hope it changes tonight but I can’t see it. Overturning 2 goal deficits in Europe isn’t easy.

Back