Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp isn’t like that. He wouldn’t do it to prove a point. There are numerous examples of when he has changed his mind.

He said he wouldn’t sell Coutinho but eventually did. He said he would go with Karius post-Kiev and then after a pre-season error, bought Alisson and loaned him out. He didn’t want to let Clyne go or Klavan but he did to give them gametime.

If Klopp thinks it’s for Liverpool’s benefit, he will loan us the player.
It's for Liverpool's benefit however we look at it.
They sell him to us, they get rid of an unhappy player who isn't going to feature.

They loan him to us, Klopp doesn't exactly lose face, it's not like the Champions League winning manager is going to look bad by Ryan Kent going on loan.
He will return to Liverpool with another season of European football and will easily fetch 8 figures.

Or they keep him in the U23s. Klopp doesn't save face because nobody gives a shìt and they just look like being spiteful.

That said, I hope the Kent downing tools stuff isn't true.
We've got a league to win, we don't need guys who'll throw a hissy fit when it's not going their way.

For those saying he could just down tools and force Liverpools hand, what happens then if Ojo goes back after having a good loan spell and ends up in a similar position to Kent and he also downed tools, would Liverpool then perhaps think twice about loaning us anymore players ?

I reckon if Kent had played for another English club on loan and won English young player of the year, clubs would have shown more interest and most likely put bids in for him and he'd be sold, perhaps it's the usual ignorance from the English thinking he looked good up in Scotland because they think our football is pish and wouldn't have done better against the mighty world of English football.
Fair point, although looking at the players Celtc have sold to England for big money, you’d think clubs would be more open to it.

What's his value in these two scenarios
1. Scottish young player of the year ?
2. English young player of the year ?
1) Depends on circumstances. A Scottish young player of the year has just gone for £25m.

I would say Kent is worth £7-10m

2) again, depends on circumstances. If they win the award and play a significant role in the EPL, £40-50m?

That said, the English window is closed, so neither can be signed in England til January.

Fair point, although looking at the players Celtc have sold to England for big money, you’d think clubs would be more open to it.
That's also helped by the media in Scotland promoting their players at every oportunity,Dembele, Van Dyke and Wanyama were already good players when they signed for the unwashed and looked even better playing in Scottish football, Tierney on the other hand was the Scottish media's golden boy and they were falling over themselves to give him constant publicity making him out like a world beater. Tavernier although older poses much more of a threat,scores loads of goals,a great deal of assists and puts some tremendous crosses into the box, perfect example of an attacking full back and yet i've never seen anyone in the media give Tavernier the same praise as Tierney and always talk in single digit millions when it comes to his value.

The mankies went through a good perhaps lucky purple patch when they signed the three above players.

That's also helped by the media in Scotland promoting their players at every oportunity,Dembele, Van Dyke and Wanyama were already good players when they signed for the unwashed and looked even better playing in Scottish football, Tierney on the other hand was the Scottish media's golden boy and they were falling over themselves to give him constant publicity making him out like a world beater. Tavernier although older poses much more of a threat,scores loads of goals,a great deal of assists and puts some tremendous crosses into the box, perfect example of an attacking full back and yet i've never seen anyone in the media give Tavernier the same praise as Tierney and always talk in single digit millions when it comes to his value.

The mankies went through a good perhaps lucky purple patch when they signed the three above players.
Forster, Armstrong and others have gone for decent money and the next bunch are being talked up as we speak.

Forster, Armstrong and others have gone for decent money and the next bunch are being talked up as we speak.
If Morelos played for the unwashed and banged in the goals he does for Rangers, the media would be creaming themselves and values of well over £25m would be getting touted for him by the same media with the usual several top European clubs showing interest.

Instead the very same media do nothing but print negative story's about him and any likely interested club would then perhaps think twice and even at that most of them laugh at people saying he's worth £20m, simply because he plays for Rangers, you control the media and you control everything.

If Morelos played for the unwashed and banged in the goals he does for Rangers, the media would be creaming themselves and values of well over £25m would be getting touted for him by the same media with the usual several top European clubs showing interest.

Instead the very same media do nothing but print negative story's about him and any likely interested club would then perhaps think twice and even at that most of them laugh at people saying he's worth £20m, simply because he plays for Rangers, you control the media and you control everything.
Absolutely. I would say this is true for any player and club interested. The mhedia have certainly helped them swell their fees for players sold.

Stand by your internet

UPDATED

Ryan Kent hopes to force through a return to Rangers despite the proposed move being blocked by Jurgen Klopp.

Record Sport understands the 22-year-old is set to dig in his heels and plead to be allowed to leave Liverpool on another season-long loan as the clock ticks down to the end of the transfer window in less than two weeks’ time.
Sources close to the player insist he is ready to down tools in an attempt to make Klopp change his mind after the German ruled out any chance of the winger being allowed to leave Merseyside on another short-term deal.
And those threats have coincided with Kent mysteriously missing from action when Liverpool’s Under-23s went down to a 3-0 defeat against Chelsea’s young guns at Stamford Bridge on Monday night.
It’s understood Kent - a starter in the opening match of the season against Spurs - is fully fit despite dropping out of the squad completely.

Jurgen Klopp wants to block any loan move (Image: Action Plus via Getty Images)
And Rangers have remained in discussions with the Champions League winners throughout the summer in the hope of engineering a deal even though they can’t come up with the cash to match the price Klopp has placed on the player’s head.

Liverpool hope to rake in around £7million for the attacker who was crowned Scotland’s young player of the year after a 12-month loan spell under Steven Gerrard last season.
But, while Gerrard can’t get close to that fee this summer, Rangers believe a compromise deal may yet be struck which would see Kent return to the club on an initial loan with a view to a permanent deal being agreed at the end of the current campaign.

A source close to the talks said: “When the English window closed without Ryan moving on, Rangers realised they may still have a chance of doing a deal but that they would have to creative in order to make it happen.
“Klopp has ruled out another straightforward loan but Rangers hope the additional clause, which would turn it into a permanent move at a future date, might help swing the deal in their favour.
“Ryan knows he’ll have to do everything he can to help make it happen and it seems that’s exactly what he is trying to do. The current situation suits no-one. It’s going down to the wire now but there is still time to push it through.”

03:24- up for a pish ,checks FF whilst pishing
03:27 - F5

9blSHIt.gif

This is the one that gets me every time.

I stand by my August 8 prediction:

Here’s a wee prediction:

Assuming we do the business next week, if we get a performance in the first leg of the final qualifying round that makes qualification look likely, I think we’ll get him on loan with a guarantee to buy.

My timing might be out, but I do believe a loan with a deal to buy will suit all parties.

This a personal opinion, BTW, not orange-text info :))

Feel a bit sorry for Kent.Either no one in England wanted him or didn't think he was worth the money needed to buy.I hope the guy isn't frozen out at Liverpool or it could ruin his career.
Imo he will never make Liverpools first team squad on a regular basis and just don't see how it makes sense for them to keep him.

There surely must be a way that we can do a tick deal over a couple of years if we really want him.

1) Depends on circumstances. A Scottish young player of the year has just gone for £25m.

I would say Kent is worth £7-10m

2) again, depends on circumstances. If they win the award and play a significant role in the EPL, £40-50m?

That said, the English window is closed, so neither can be signed in England til January.

Sterling
Sane
Deli Alli x2
Kane
Hazard

That's the last six winners of the English award so £40/50m is well short.

There was a time during Walter's second spell when Jackson was clearly in the know and his exclusives always had substance. Reading this Kent piece just shows how far off those days are.

I think if the stars align then he will be back. If we scud Legia then he's coming up the road imo. If we don't? I think there's a plan B.

I stand by my August 8 prediction:

Sounds a good prediction, but why would we not wait until we are 100% through on the 29th? Then we would be guaranteed knowing we would make the Europa league money and the Celtic game is not until the 1st of September. Kent came in at the Christmas game last season having not played for a bit, Gerrard could even say to him to get himself ready. My theory is Klopp will give it until very late in the window, as he still believes a foreign club may pay the transfer fee he is looking for. Klopp has to put Liverpool first, if a foreign club late in the window has not came in. Then the only option for Klopp is to do a deal with us. If not Kent value is only going to plummet, sitting and not playing any competitive matches until January.

Personally I think if we get to the group stages that will pay for him, if we go out we won't see him at Ibrox.
That’s what I feel will happen. What I don’t understand though is the signing of Barker.. if there’s a slight chance of getting Kent, why do we need Barker? Very strange signing

The other thing is, Liverpool play in a different planet to us financially.

Let's say they want £10 million for Kent. And let's say we're offering them £2.5 million now and the same again next summer. That leaves them £5 million short of the asking price.

But what is £5 million to a club like Liverpool anyway? Think of the TV and prize money they would have earned by winning the CL last season. They're obviously in the group stages again this season. We're talking tens of millions of pounds right there before they've even kicked a ball in Europe this season. Then you have the EPL TV money on top of that.

If we were talking about a player valued at £100 million whom some club we're trying to get for half of that, I could understand Klopp's stubbornness. But not over this.

Let's say you are selling your house for 500K, I want the house but can only pay 250K. Your not going to give me it for that price just because you have more money than I do.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Liverpool will, quite rightly, hold out for what they feel the player is worth. Only when/if no-one meets that valuation will they start negotiating the price, payment structure etc.

That’s what I feel will happen. What I don’t understand though is the signing of Barker.. if there’s a slight chance of getting Kent, why do we need Barker? Very strange signing

Can Barker not play on the right as well? Kent can play either side. Dont think having options of Jones, Kent and Barker as winger options would be that outlandish for a squad serious about winning the lesgue

Sounds a good prediction, but why would we not wait until we are 100% through on the 29th? Then we would be guaranteed knowing we would make the Europa league money and the Celtic game is not until the 1st of September. Kent came in at the Christmas game last season having not played for a bit, Gerrard could even say to him to get himself ready. My theory is Klopp will give it until very late in the window, as he still believes a foreign club may pay the transfer fee he is looking for. Klopp has to put Liverpool first, if a foreign club late in the window has not came in. Then the only option for Klopp is to do a deal with us. If not Kent value is only going to plummet, sitting and not playing any competitive matches until January.

But the player himself only wants to come to Glasgow?

But the player himself only wants to come to Glasgow?

Yeah but Klopp will only wait until it is impossible or very unlikely for a foreign club for example Marseille or equivalent don’t come in and offer his valuation. If that doesn’t happen then only makes sense for him to arrive here.

Correct on all fronts.

Can still see this one going ahead but i do suspect it would be dependent on us getting into the group stages.

Can Barker not play on the right as well? Kent can play either side. Dont think having options of Jones, Kent and Barker as winger options would be that outlandish for a squad serious about winning the lesgue
Agreed. The old saying 'strength in depth' is never more apt than it is this season. With potentially 60 odd games to complete, wee will need every bit of that strength. We saw the effects last season when 1 or 2 dipped in form coupled with the suspensions and injuries, which will undoubtedly happen again at sometime this season. When players come into the team they need to be good enough in order to maintain the drive for 55.

Let's say you are selling your house for 500K, I want the house but can only pay 250K. Your not going to give me it for that price just because you have more money than I do.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Liverpool will, quite rightly, hold out for what they feel the player is worth. Only when/if no-one meets that valuation will they start negotiating the price, payment structure etc.
Let’s say you want to sell your house for 500k but it’s only worth 300k and nobody has bid apart from one guy offering 250k and every window you don’t sell your houses value goes down.

Not sure how ‘sided’ any of our wingers are. With the exception of Stewart (who is really not a winger) all the others have been played on both sides in different games.

I think the team role might be more significant. So we have:

“True” winger (fast, able to beat a man, focussed on delivering crosses): Jones, Hastie, Barker, Kent (if there is any chance of him coming)

Inside forward (tends to cut in more; focussed on scoring): Arfield, Stewart (even if it’s not his best role)

Mixture able to play both: Ojo, Murphy (albeit with fitness issues)

I keep thinking i’ve forgotten someone.

If we choose to play with one winger and one inside forward then I suspect Ojo and Arfield are competing for the inside forward role while Jones, Barker and Ojo compete to be the winger.

If Kent came in then we’d have 4 players competing for the one winger role plus Hastie further back. We do seem a bit overloaded in that department. Though Kent is good enough to be worth it

If it's one more signing before the window closes then I would rather a left back.

But I wouldn't say no to a left back and Kent. That would be fantastic.

Kent's a better player than what we've currently got on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back