Daily Record - Potential 60 million war chest for Sellick

In what way does contract expiring help a new incoming manager? It may free up some wages but you lose a player needing replaced and in this case its a number of last season's XI so youd imagine theyll want to bring in someone reasonably decent.

Id also suggest a new manager, worth his salt, will have zero interest in loans for a season or cheap signings.

In reality they have to spend a tonne just to fill squad space from this season, never mind actually bringing in newer, better players to improve things overall.
Agree 100% was thinking same thing, article is a load of nonsense

Quite staggering that they are able to generate this sort of fanciful fanzine style coverage.

A valiant attempt at distracting the morons from yesterday's news Howie is far from a done deal.

Only problem with Ajer as a defender is he can’t actually defend. He is good on the ball but to me looks like a midfielder playing in defence.

They will have to spend some serious money the summer. If ajer and Edouard both go it is close to an entire new team needed.

Realistically their next manager will need a few transfer windows

That's got to be one of those fan pieces, surely? An actual journalist cannot have written that? Either the most deluded fucknugget that's ever lived or a very undercover bear playing a fantastic trolling game

£5m fee on a 5 year deal is £1m a year and he's got one year left so if they sell him for £5m now that's £4m pure profit.

Surely there's nobody alive who genuinely thinks that's how it works?

The prices are fantasy land as well as completely missing the point of having to replace these players with quality comes with a very hefty cost

I like the writer’s logic - the longer they’ve been, the less they are worth because they’re nearly out of contract, so the more profit you make when you sell them.
Clever.

I also think it’s quite hilarious that they think there is any resale value in Ntcham who has played a grand total of 127 minutes of football since moving to Marseille before returning to Celtic where he will be free in 6 months.

The sad things are them will be lapping it up and convince themselves that these are the true market value figures. Strangely enough higher value figures for the team that finished second and well behind us only in Scotland

Even Celtic fanzines aren't coming up with those numbers. £25 million for Edouard, £20 million for Ayer. There isn't anyone paying those fees for guys with 12 months left on their deal.

Even if (never happening) Celtic managed to get those fees, there is no way they are spending it all on players.
Hopefully agent gets in Edouard's ear and tells him to sit tight for 6 months and sign a pre contract on bigger wages because of the lack of fee.

Him and Ajer are the only two players they could actually make decent on in that squad imo and Ajer has played for the mighty Killie and been shown up in Europe most years.

The thing is a team in Scotland can't sustain a wage bill for a squad bought for 60m anyway.

It's just fantasy pish and always is, they going to spend 15m on a player amd pay him 20k a week ?

Only problem with Ajer as a defender is he can’t actually defend. He is good on the ball but to me looks like a midfielder playing in defence.

They will have to spend some serious money the summer. If ajer and Edouard both go it is close to an entire new team needed.

Realistically their next manager will need a few transfer windows
Ajer's pace gets him out of trouble in Scottish football but every time he sets foot outside that he gets exposed and found out, I mean their defense has been woeful at European level for a few seasons now and there seems to be one player always there , Ajer! He was awful in Norway's games recently too.

Makes you wonder how much the best Scandinavian defender in Scottish football, Helander, is worth since he can actually defend :D

All these guys about to go to their last year of Contract - Say French Eddie -

Celtic - Right Eddie that is a bid from AC Milan for you £25m we have decided to accept it

French Eddie Agent - Very good Celtic well we want £5m of that

Celtic - Aye right GTF

FEA - Oh is that so well maybe my client does not want to go and will wait 12 month and you will get F all

Celtic - Will a cheque do?

They're really desperate aren't they. Now trying to put a different spin on values and worths because they know they've f*cked it. Brilliant. Can't wait to read the article on profit for players like Alfredo, Kamara etc using the same maths. Oh wait...

All these guys about to go to their last year of Contract - Say French Eddie -

Celtic - Right Eddie that is a bid from AC Milan for you £25m we have decided to accept it

French Eddie Agent - Very good Celtic well we want £5m of that

Celtic - Aye right GTF

FEA - Oh is that so well maybe my client does not want to go and will wait 12 month and you will get F all

Celtic - Will a cheque do?
Or realistically Milan say he is out of contract next year we will give you £10m

Daily Retard going into full retard mode in print

A joke of an article and I’d PMSL if they all decide to see out their last year and move on a free whilst not playing at their best

Let’s face it we know the DR are told what to print and print it

They have zero credibility in journalistic terms and are a laughing stock

They'll be looking to reduce the wage bill further, not add to it.

They might make a couple of big money signings again but that won't fix their problems, they're in a very similar position to us pre Gerrard now.
I’m glad someone else has said that, I’ve been saying it since day 1.
the job that needs done is huge. It’s a complete rebuild. It’s took Gerrard 2 full seasons and 5 transfer windows to get where we are now.

Surely any new manager will want to take a good look at these players before they are sold in the summer. Not a great start if they are selling their best players without the new manager having any input.

Maybe their war-chest will have to wait a year.

Not read the whole thread, apologies in case this has been mentioned.
Amortisation, book value, even profit are precisely that, book figures. They bear little relevance to purchasing power, ie cash available or cash flow.
A good set of accounts can bolster the chances of bank loans or other investment.
A "war chest" conjures up the notion of oodles of cash lying about, ready for use in a big splash out.
To do that they will need cash, not book figures for assets set against possible sales and calling it a profit, and assuming that's cash now available. It's tripe.

Last edited:
Back