Daily Record - Potential 60 million war chest for Sellick

gn21.png

If they get anywhere near £20m for Ajer then we should be asking for £40m for Helander. They are mental. Not quite sure how they worked out profit on Ntcham, pretty sure they signed him for $4.3M and they are selling him for that and then consider the wages he has been for 5 years.

McGregor is the only one they are really going to make decent money on if they let him go or he forces a move. Ntcham they will be lucky to sell for more than 1m if Marseille don't take up that option.

Eduoard they might get 8 on Ajer 6 at a push. The rest pennies because they are yet to really prove themselves at a high level. They have all failed in Europe and play in shite international teams

F*cks sake, since when did we look at the 'amortisation value' when considering profits from player sales. I know what it is and understand the concept but I've never heard two fans say 'aye, he cost us £xm but when you amortise that its only £ym'. Dear oh dear.
Is it not more important what the board consider or have declared their value to be as assets?

If they get anywhere near £20m for Ajer then we should be asking for £40m for Helander. They are mental. Not quite sure how they worked out profit on Ntcham, pretty sure they signed him for $4.3M and they are selling him for that and then consider the wages he has been for 5 years.

McGregor is the only one they are really going to make decent money on if they let him go or he forces a move. Ntcham they will be lucky to sell for more than 1m if Marseille don't take up that option.

Eduoard they might get 8 on Ajer 6 at a push. The rest pennies because they are yet to really prove themselves at a high level. They have all failed in Europe and play in shite international teams
If McGregor goes after broon et al they’ll be very close to being where I felt we were a few years ago. A team of players without the actual fabric of the club running through them so I’d be happy for him to go. An OF team without that seems a bit passive and it takes a long time to be built into a team again.

Is it not more important what the board consider or have declared their value to be as assets?
Amortising the value of a player in the Annual Accounts is a perfectly normal practice and we do it ourselves.

What isn't normal is using such beancounter methodology to write an article for a sports section of a newspaper. That's all I'm illustrating. When Leeds were after Kent did you read any reports of 'Rangers paid £7m but some of that will be amortised now so if they get £10m its probably a 'real' profit of £5m'? Of course you didn't because its not how it works outwith accounting circles. No fan thinks in that sort of way. Its mental stuff.:D

The piggery was less than half full when we were climbing the divisions and only filled on our return.

Its really quite amusing that they are suddenly reduced to spinning out this drivel again ... now that terry has sadly passed :)

The boy is trying to be clever with a basic understanding of accounting. Mixing cash and accounting basis of these deals makes no sense. You dont pay the fees or receive the fees on an amortised basis so to then conflate that with paying (in cash) for new players is amateur at best. As previous posters have said this assumes the player was paid zero as well

Absolute zoomer trying to dress up the fact their contracts have one year to go and they will be sold at less than market value by saying they will make an accounting profit. On this accounting basis you can never lose value on a player whose contract you let run free as you amortise it over the period.

Cash is king my friend and you need to go back to school.

Even with a "war chest" of say forty million, only half of that tops will go on pure transfer fees.

The rest and maybe more will fund the wages. It's not a lot of money for signings for a rebuild.

The boy is trying to be clever with a basic understanding of accounting. Mixing cash and accounting basis of these deals makes no sense. You dont pay the fees or receive the fees on an amortised basis so to then conflate that with paying (in cash) for new players is amateur at best. As previous posters have said this assumes the player was paid zero as well

Absolute zoomer trying to dress up the fact their contracts have one year to go and they will be sold at less than market value by saying they will make an accounting profit. On this accounting basis you can never lose value on a player whose contract you let run free as you amortise it over the period.

Cash is king my friend and you need to go back to school.
Was just going to say that, cash is king was drummed into me from 1st bank lending course I attended many moons ago!

are they still selling Kayal for £10m and Juarez for £20m? :D

they'll never say it but the newspapers are a reason why they've lost their chance at "better than the Lisbon Lions" in history. Badly overrating their players for decades. They aren't getting £25m for the air rifle enthusiast when he's out of contract next year

If you are a Rangers fan and you buy or read the record you are a heavy soft in the head. Its the hollicom fanzine dressed up as news.

For any other club, your best players only having a year left on their contract would be worrying. Not at the republican record, where that situation just means PURE PROFIT for seperate entity FC.

I mean Messi running his contract down at Barca wasn't an issue, just PURE PROFIT for Barcelona!

Those screenshots on twitter are plenty record for me. If you buy it you really need to be questioning yourself seriously.

think it goes like this

you buy a car for £20,000 paid in full - your bank account is £20,000 down
you run the car for 4 years making repairs and taxing etc
its book value after 4 years is about £5,000
you sell it for £7,000 - bank account is now down £13,000
but its 7k pure profit according to this plum

Looked up the word amortization in a Principles of Accounting book. Looked up player values on Transfervalues.com. Wrote article.

Failed.

Also got to remember their squad is better than ours, they have better players in every position bar GK.

We are not a good team, we are average.

We have been lucky in every game we have won, there was a Masonic/SFA/referee conspiracy to stop Terry Munro.

We will be put in our place next season coz we are shit.............

Delusional doesn’t come close to describing their viewpoints. The pain is palpable from every element of society and its magnificent to witness.

Trophy day will be the best of my lifetime, eclipsing the helicopter Sunday’s, primarily because of the frenzied hatred from all quarters trying to kill us.

That story is brilliant.

Someone bookmark this. When they go we’ll compare it with what Celtic/Scottish timmy media claim they went for and what the media in the country of the buying clubs say they were signed for.

On the Hagi thread, we have fans happy with £11.4m and others wanting £25m. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

That’s has got to be up there with the worst article ever sponsored by Hollicom how can that actually get printed in any paper surely even the thickest of them can’t believe that
If that's what their players are valued at what about ours who won the league in record breaking time and still undefeated

Answer to most questions!

So they paid £4.3m for Ntcham, will sell him for £4.3m but make £3.6m profit because his price over a five year contract is currently £900k. does that mean we paid £10k for Kamara, or £200k for Alfredo?

Does that just mean they actually do add all the wages etc onto their 'transfer fees' then..?

Back