Daily Record reporting our scouting department has a major overhaul.

He left to join us and from my recollection, the fans weren’t happy he left them.

I get many want him to be sacked but it’s bizarre if we’re now just making things up to suit arguments.
I got it wrong last night no question with my quip. So hands up. However, I'm pretty sure he started at Loftus Rd on fire last season and then dipped big time.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest he had shown anything as a manager. It was his connection with Gerrard that made him an appealing prospect to many.

I got it wrong last night no question with my quip. So hands up. However, I'm pretty sure he started at Loftus Rd on fire last season and then dipped big time.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest he had shown anything as a manager. It was his connection with Gerrard that made him an appealing prospect to many.
IIRC he didn’t have a penny to spend with QPR, it was all free transfers.

He most definitely showed something as Wolves offered him their managers job and QPR fans were all over our social media posts fuming he left them.

I think it’s too much for him to turn around with us now but I’m not going to pretend that it was such a mystery as to why we appointed him.

Many believed he should have been offered the job when Gerrard left as many had believed he was the brains behind Gerrard given all the high praise from players etc was about Beale’s coaching.

It hasn’t worked as ultimately his 3 striker signings are looking likely to be his downfall.

IIRC he didn’t have a penny to spend with QPR, it was all free transfers.

He most definitely showed something as Wolves offered him their managers job and QPR fans were all over our social media posts fuming he left them.

I think it’s too much for him to turn around with us now but I’m not going to pretend that it was such a mystery as to why we appointed him.

Many believed he should have been offered the job when Gerrard left as many had believed he was the brains behind Gerrard given all the high praise from players etc was about Beale’s coaching.

It hasn’t worked as ultimately his 3 striker signings are looking likely to be his downfall.
My gripe at the time is that I thought this was Wilson taking the easy option (again)

My gripe all through summer has been the lack of attention to the defence.

For me, for him to weather the storm, it will take a long run of good wins and at least piling up the goals in the process.

As you say, it seems a tall order now.

Bored today, so looked into both Lammers and Dessers season in Italy before we bought them. Wiki is slightly out on the games they played.

Dessers @ Cremonese

Played 30... 8 of which he came on as a sub
(Involved in 3 wins 8 draws 19 lost)
6 goals scored

He missed the last 5 games thru injury, but in the 8 games before that he'd been on the bench for 6. The rumour he was playing well before injury doesn't hold up.

Lammers @ Empoli first half season on loan, Sampdoria second half on loan (says it all).

Played 37... 10 of which he came on as a sub,16 he was taken off.
(Involved in 5 wins 10 draw 22 lost)
2 goals scored

Combined, they played in 41 defeats, 18 draws and won only 8 games. Scored between them 8 goals.

Its promising we're finally overhauling the recruitment system, but how on Earth can any scout, probably on good money, have thought those two players would be good enough for us? Obviously it wouldn't have just been those two alone to blame for their clubs bad seasons, but why even scout at clubs struggling so badly? What part did Beale have?

Negligence.

Bored today, so looked into both Lammers and Dessers season in Italy before we bought them. Wiki is slightly out on the games they played.

Dessers @ Cremonese

6 goals scored

He missed the last 5 games thru injury, but in the 8 games before that he'd been on the bench for 6. The rumour he was playing well before injury doesn't hold up.

Lammers @ Empoli first half season on loan, Sampdoria second half on loan (says it all).

2 goals scored

Combined, they played in 41 defeats, 18 draws and won only 8 games. Scored between them 8 goals.

Its promising we're finally overhauling the recruitment system, but how on Earth can any scout, probably on good money, have thought those two players would be good enough for us? Obviously it wouldn't have just been those two alone to blame for their clubs bad seasons, but why even scout at clubs struggling so badly? What part did Beale have?

Negligence.

It's crazy. Neither should've been remotely on our radar.

And the board are as culpable for allowing their money to be spent on such profiles without the correct due diligence.

Dessers @ Cremonese

6 goals scored

2 goals scored

Negligence.
A couple of months back I was looking into Dessers/Lammers on Transfermarkt when we were first linked.

My thoughts straight away on their stats were ‘these guys don’t have a great goal return’.

I also noticed a lad called Zan Vipotnik (21) who the beggars were rumoured to be watching. He played with Maribor, broke into Slovenian National side in March and had a goal return of about 1 goal in 2 games. The boy has since moved to Bordeaux for €2.7M, played 5 times and scored once but is obviously there for development.

The point is that of the 3 strikers we signed, 2 had questionable goal returns, (I didn’t look into Danilo), info that was readily available and both don’t really fit the player trading model whereas Zan Vipotnik’s profile did.

If it was Beale that wanted them then he’s nailed himself but surely the board and/or scouting department would do some due diligence too, and not be shelling out for guys with little chance of financial return on that don’t suit the player trading model?!

Bizarre signings.

Back