Daily Record stealing other people's interviews and not acknowledging it

mdingwall

Administrator

Rangers' Sporting Director Ross Wilson gave an exclusive interview to Talksport radio yesterday.

From the report in today's Record it looks like they had an interview and spread it over two pages without any acknowledgement. Contrast with The Times which at least acknowledged the source.

So - Rangers and Talksport do al the work and the Record try to pass it off as their own.

Yet another example of lazy journalism.
They no longer feel the need to conduct the interview themselves.
It's easier to watch sky sports news in the morning, followed by talk sport, then a wee bit of YouTube in the afternoon.
Classic example of working from home.

Typical lazy DR journalism. Only scoops they print these days are lies. Longing for the day i hear they have went bust.

Typical scum behaviour. Open a bottle of Buckie, light up a fag and put your feet up on your desk in the sure and certain hope that someone else will do all the work and save you the trouble of uncapping your pen.

Didn’t a podcast not pull them up for something similar a few months ago?
I’m sure 4lads questioned it on here if one podcast got money then so should they??

I hope this mentally challenged comic goes down the pan.
It's been there a long time already. Some people just won't flush it. My mate takes one of the free copies 'cos the mrs likes it' but reads it in front of me. He knows what they do, what they are and who they cater to.

I never thought banning press worked but this title should never be allowed inside the Stadium ever again. They should be treated like the Sun at Anfield.

What are the ins and outs of just lifting an interview? Surely you’d think the original source would have some protection to avoid this happening?

I'm sure a paper years ago reprinted an article from FF word for word, spelling mistakes as well.

Maybe Mark or another poster can confirm?

Yet we all know a story they won’t steal. And what has become of Keith Jackson other than a figure of ridicule.

They don't even have to steal it it's out there,did they not report on the trial years ago so delve into the archives,unfortunately it's not going to happen.Sold their soul to the devil a long time ago.

I'm sure a paper years ago reprinted an article from FF word for word, spelling mistakes as well.

Maybe Mark or another poster can confirm?

Carino posted a translation of an article from an Italian newspaper. The ET, I think, printed it word for word, with no acknowledgement.

Looks like they ripped off the Ferry Open Goal interview with Wes also if you check the column to the left of the main one (photo of big MacGregor). Pathetic lazy bastards.

Did Joey Barton not give an interview to a new Podcadt and they stole the contents without putting the source? Pretty sure Barton pulled them up for it on twitter

Basically being a journo these days is having twitter listening to the radio and watching open goal

I’m fully qualified

The Times is more justified in repeating the interview as it and Talksport are owned by the same company. No excuses for the Record though

Clearly listening to the airwaves as no one at the club would give them the time of day. Desperate stuff.

What are the ins and outs of just lifting an interview? Surely you’d think the original source would have some protection to avoid this happening?
Generally speaking, quotes sort of become fair game once they are published - although you should always be crediting the source in some way. A lot of times people (myself included) will lift a small part of a longer interview and build an article around that, and give credit to the original source.

Their staff aren't exactly busy as we are giving them nothing so all they are doing is listening to H&H and Talksport to nick other people's work.

Record forced to do what some sports outlets do on Twitter, like the clickbait sites, lift comments and post the tasty bits for retweets and likes trying to pretend they have influence.

There is a reasonably simple way to ensure that the DR is getting their reports from other sources write into ALL Rangers employees contracts that they must not speak or otherwise to either the DR or the BBC.

That second image looks doctored to me to make it look like Gary and co are laughing at Ross behind his back.
100% the scumbags painted a 9 and i on the hand with the knife going through the hearts and Patrick badge to have another free dig at us absolute gutter press sooner they disappear the better

Think The Times and TalkSport have the same owners?

Nevertheless - plagiarism (not crediting the origin) used to be so frowned upon in journalism that it could stifle your career.

Rangers' Sporting Director Ross Wilson gave an exclusive interview to Talksport radio yesterday.

From the report in today's Record it looks like they had an interview and spread it over two pages without any acknowledgement. Contrast with The Times which at least acknowledged the source.

So - Rangers and Talksport do al the work and the Record try to pass it off as their own.

Really? Can't see it clearly on my phone.

That gossip mag has recent previous for this too. They're shameless, just like the team they pander to.

Generally speaking, quotes sort of become fair game once they are published - although you should always be crediting the source in some way. A lot of times people (myself included) will lift a small part of a longer interview and build an article around that, and give credit to the original source.
A 2 page spread is ripping the arse oot it is it no.:rolleyes:

Back