Daily Record's invasive Mols pic and inhumane clickbait Tweet needs dealt with

How many Rangers fans have cancelled their licence fee?
Proper, honest, by the book cancellations? Probably not many but more than I expected out of those I know and trust.

However the number who've kept watching TV but cancelled the license DD is probably many, many, many times higher. It's a victimless crime anyway. Other than shit-thick Derek on Sportsound there's not anyone within BBC Scotland Sport that I'd describe as a person!

Will the club comment in any way about this or as per usual adopt ‘dignified silence’ which has worked so well.

It is beyond belief that any organisation could make these comments or print such insensitive stuff at such a time. Dreadful.

Club are doing absolutely everything they need to, today. Today isn't the day for locking and loading against a heinous institution. It's not the day for issuing bans, statements of condemnation or rage. It's a day to remember our former, decorated and much celebrated captain in the best way possible.

The Record have previous for this type of low-brow bullshit, even against Celtic. They ran an absolutely shocking article about Liam Miller shortly before he passed away after a short battle with cancer - that he'd been "trying to make his mates jealous" about his luxury lifestyle - as if somehow, they boy had received his karma.

The entire institution of red-top journalism needs burned to the floor (figuratively and literally).

I've seen fans of all clubs absolutely tearing into the Record for this on Twitter... including some of the biggest moonhowling mentally challenged pages

Fücking disgusting from that rag. Written by Mark McDougall who’s a supposed Rangers man as well. And Darren Cooney who also must be involved in this. You’d never get a story like that with a Celtic player passing.

Shame on them all.

Shower of cünts.

If it's the same one i know of, he has always been a little fu.cking gobshite

Will the club comment in any way about this or as per usual adopt ‘dignified silence’ which has worked so well.

It is beyond belief that any organisation could make these comments or print such insensitive stuff at such a time. Dreadful.

Today is not the day that Rangers should be commenting on it. We've just lost an ex-captain, there is a grief process and we also have to think about the family.

I've cut out the photo of Mols. Really not needed.

Invading the privacy of a man who is in obvious distress at the loss of a close, long-term friend and using it as clickbait to generate advertising revenue is unforgivable. Not only that, it's an open invitation to the worst elements within Scottish society who get some sick sort of kick out of this crap. It's one of the worst actions by a Scottish newspaper that I've seen, up there with Neil Campbell's "mild abuse" in the Herald and the Record's photo of Stein in the middle of the heart attack that killed him.

They've gone and removed it but that's not the point.

No more. You've already stopped buying it, I get that, but keep telling your friends and relatives what they're up to. Adblock their website if you're using it for research. Do all you can to shut them down. I'm often annoyed but it's rare that I'm actually disgusted. You crossed the line, Daily Record, and you're not going to be allowed to forget it.

Get away from Ibrox, you despicable bastards.

Has there been an apology from them aside from removing it? Invasion of people’s personal lives (players, managers, coaches, staff, directors) is unacceptable in the modern day.

Did anyone else see this? What a horrible culture we live in now. Journalists interested more on classless clickbait and getting the best shot possible no matter what. Integrity doesn’t exist.

Even a Celtic fan in my office (who gives it to me tight all the time about Rangers) was fuming about the Daily Record tweet.

Do newspapers reflect society or does society reflect the media?

It's not only DR journalists who will look for comments and pictures at the most inappropriate of times. People record all manner of things on their phones.

Tabloid journalism became popular because of the appetites of the public. Morality is all but gone.

Very well put.

We have an abundance of our very own retards only too willing to take pictures and videos and post them online when they think it will earn them some kudos from their fellow brain donors.

Of course a newspaper should know better but what’s the difference between a wanker with a phone posting an inappropriate picture on a newspaper website and a wanker with a phone posting an inappropriate picture on Fudbook or Twatter. The latter is more likely to be seen than the former.

Country’s fcuked.

Fücking disgusting from that rag. Written by Mark McDougall who’s a supposed Rangers man as well. And Darren Cooney who also must be involved in this. You’d never get a story like that with a Celtic player passing.

Shame on them all.

Shower of cünts.

Darren Cooney is a sex pest c u n t.

The Record and other media organisations were waiting at Glasgow Airport. Fair enough if it's a few words and photos/footage used selectively to avoid any insensitivity but as far as the Record was concerned any sense of decency was out the window. Wait on the guy to look distressed and click, click, click. Upload the photos and the person running the social media gets the one displaying the most distress to generate maximum clicks and ad revenue.

Is this what passes for journalism in 2019? It's no wonder I get my news from the last couple of broadsheets which still have a shred of decency, independent journos, YouTube and local papers.

Time the likes of the Record were shut down and their 'journalists' crawled back into the gutter.

It was apparently SNS freelancers and BBC Scotland [quelle surprise] and no DR journos as such who were at the airport covering Celtic leaving for Rennes when Mols landed and came through the arrivals hall.

Absolutely not excusing the DR for the tweet or insensitivity of the story, but the photographer or BBC reporter who told Mols and took the pictures knew what they were doing for their own gain. DR have fucked up by reporting it, as you state to keep the clicks/revenue coming.

Hopefully the DR having taken the story/tweets down got so few clicks off it they do the right thing and give the parasite paparazzi %^*& all as well.

BBC are still running the interview they did with him shortly after on their story BTW.

Broke my heart to see Mols, normally so happy, genuinely distraught at the news of his mate. Shame on the Record for publishing that photo, the rancid fkn cnts that they are.

I hate to ask but what is it that happened?

Long story short:

DR sent a hack to the airport to catch Mols as he landed. The Hack then told Mols about Fernando passing, took his picture immediately and published it online/tweeted it with the words 'the moment Mols finds out his friend has died' (or words to that effect). Mols was clearly very upset.

Long story short:

DR sent a hack to the airport to catch Mols as he landed. The Hack then told Mols about Fernando passing, took his picture immediately and published it online/tweeted it with the words 'the moment Mols finds out his friend has died' (or words to that effect). Mols was clearly very upset.

Fucking really! Utter scum

The bastards tweeted about their upcoming tribute to FR in tomorrow's papers earlier. The tweet lasted about 4 minutes before it was taken down following their rightful abuse.

The Record and their hacks are absolute scum. They should never be allowed anywhere near our club again. Another poster is right, one day one of them will get a pasting

Rangers should not comment now. Or take action now. It’s not the right time.

But give it a week or two, we should go all out attack on these utter scumbags.

Imagine taking a photo of a guy that’s bound to be distraught with the sole intention of putting on line to get ‘likes’ and ‘clicks’.

Utter, utter scumbags.

Rangers should not comment now. Or take action now. It’s not the right time.

But give it a week or two, we should go all out attack on these utter scumbags.

Imagine taking a photo of a guy that’s bound to be distraught with the sole intention of putting on line to get ‘likes’ and ‘clicks’.

Utter, utter scumbags.

It's worse than that. It's with the intention of monetising it!

Very well put.

We have an abundance of our very own retards only too willing to take pictures and videos and post them online when they think it will earn them some kudos from their fellow brain donors.

Of course a newspaper should know better but what’s the difference between a wanker with a phone posting an inappropriate picture on a newspaper website and a wanker with a phone posting an inappropriate picture on Fudbook or Twatter. The latter is more likely to be seen than the former.

Country’s fcuked.
I think you are cutting an organization who’s primary task is journalism and as such is subject to industry standards, it’s not a case of knowing better, a lot of slack there.

The difference of course is personal morality versus a business which is supposed to operate to a code of ethics, the editors code. Society doesn’t get to control the morality of individuals , it can act on it if it becomes criminal but otherwise there’s nothing it can do but name and shame.

Today is not the day that Rangers should be commenting on it. We've just lost an ex-captain, there is a grief process and we also have to think about the family.

Accept that mate but the club should speak out at a more appropriate moment but I have zero belief they will. Which isn’t acceptable in my opinion.

Even today the way the sun reported that his wife Veronika missed his passing as she was only flying in today to visit him in the hospice and put in the line that “they were skint” and that’s why she couldn’t visit as often as she would have liked to.i am pretty sure as well they had problems because she is Russian and required a visa to visit but was their really a need to put in that they were skint.

The media in general are scum:

dv9Pp49.jpg

Complaint form sent hopefully the photographer and hack that published this gets to walk the length of Duke St so everybody can boot their baws

Long story short:

The hack didnt take the pic, it was an SNS photographer who is a St Boo fan.

What the actual fuck is wrong with these people? It really is time for Rangers to tell all of these useless trouble making journalists they are not wanted, they do nothing for our club at this point but cause us grief one way or another.

hunt them down and let them know you dont accept this type of behaviour, you are proud Scottish protestants and respect everyone who returns the favour

The hack didnt take the pic, it was an SNS photographer who is a St Boo fan.

Regardless, no one should have sanctioned this being published online. An individual’s moment of grief when being told of the heartbreaking passing of a friend/teammate/countryman and an editor believes it is appropriate to share this online should see the person responsible pay with their job, and ultimately their career.
This needs addressed between the club and the publication responsible and a very public statement and punishment made. This is not fans getting upset over the good name of our club being besmirched, nor us believing in a bias against us. This is a horrible person(s) upsetting anyone who has read the article/seen the picture. Disgusting.

The club shouldn't just ignore this but they absolutely will. They have fight in them for challenging the media and will let almost everything go - unless it's a dedicated attack on a board individual they tend not to get involved.

The more i see that picture of Mols, the angrier i become at the intrusion in to his grief. The photographer should be completely ashamed with themselves today. And as for The Daily Record......they should be getting the same treatment that The Sun receive in Liverpool.

Feel so sad for Michael Mols finding out this way,a quick "can I have a word in private Michael" then break news that way and give the guy a chance to take it in.

Disgusting scum.

Asking Michael Mols for a reaction to Fernando’s death then publishing a picture of him. Doorstepping Gareth Thomas’ parents to tell them he’s HIV positive. Harassing Ben Stokes’ family about a tragic event that happened decades ago.

The media in this country are completely out of control.
We're in 'Weimar Britain'.

The media in general are scum:

dv9Pp49.jpg

Club should identify them quite easily if they are part of the Dutch press contingent. They will all have photographic ID UEFA issued press badges for the game tonight. The club need to identify who they are and remove them from the stadium.

They all deserve a punch in the face.

i'll tell you why because its been open season on rangers its fans and its players for over a decade now and they think its the norm now and our board has bent over and allowed it and turned a blind eye to it
surely even now they have to realise just how we feel about them and ban them sine die from Ibrox but that wont happen unless they do an assassination piece on a board member themselves

Good post. I wrote to Rangers about this and other issues in 2011. They wrote back claiming they were monitoring the situation. I found the response yesterday when cleaning out some drawers. Wish I knew how to post it.

Club should identify them quite easily if they are part of the Dutch press contingent. They will all have photographic ID UEFA issued press badges for the game tonight. The club need to identify who they are and remove them from the stadium.

They all deserve a punch in the face.

To quote the press, is this "vile abuse"?

Users - desist from swapping insults or you'll be removed. Thanks.
my apologies, it p*ssed me off, will ignore next time :)

I made a complaint re DR & Spiers, received a reply, IPSO will not take my complaint further as i am not acting on behalf of the people involved in the articles. They will only consider complaints from those directly involved.

Back