Daily Telegraph - Celtic to be awarded Premiership title with no league expansion as SPFL negotiate coronavirus crisis

If it were to happen - Surprised? No. This would spell the end of my interest completely in any football match played in Scotland and that’s involving Rangers.

Isn’t worth even getting emotionally invested in anymore. What’s the point? Utterly pathetic decision if it happens. Glad I stopped spending £1200+ a season going to the games. Watching corrupt referees every week is enough to make me turn to alcohol.

Tremendous, there’s yet ANOTHER weekend ruined and we’ve not even played a game this time.

What’s the point in competing in this league?

The games been a bogey up here since they started a campaign to get rid of Gordon Smith at the SFA, saying he couldnt be neutral being an ex Rangers player. Smith resigned and guess who got the job - Liewell. But thats ok, no problems with neutrality any more.

They're not relegating Hearts, just making the filth League winners. Makes it all the more corrupt

The Daily Record are stating they are going to relegate Hearts and call the tramps champs

"However, that is not a stance the SPFL are willing to adopt as they forge on with plans to call the season as soon as their legal advice allows, handing Celtic the title and relegating Hearts."

Mathematically we can still win the title ( Helicopter Sunday and us winning the title at Killie) and Hearts can mathetically save their season now, considering they are already in dire financial stratits , this will finish them if they are relegate as I doubt they would be able to stay afloat as their fans wont be like we were and keep attending gamesin a lower tier..This will finish Hearts.

I doubt Budge will put up with this and can see her taking action against the SPFL

I think i will wait until there is something official. If and i emphasise the IF the paedos are awarded a league with a largely incomplete fixture list then i am sure our club will legally contest it all the way. It would only set a precedent of no sporting integrity within Scottish football and is that really a league that we would want to play in going forward?

So far this year, I have attended 4 funerals. The nice old lady next door is dying and has only a few days left. I have not worked for over 2 weeks, and I haven't been able to be with my family in that time. Thousands of people all over the world have died with thousands more to follow.
Meantime, in a wee backwater of the world, a corrupt and morally bankrupt football association are trying like hell to give a corrupt and morally bankrupt football club a totally meaningless trophy just to keep them and their rabid supporters happy.
They can take the trophy and show it up their arses. It became tainted in 2008, even more so in 2012, and now it is on the verge of getting even worse. It will be stained with a filth that can never be erased.
I hope the SPFL, CFC and the league trophy enjoy their sordid time together - they deserve each other and I am past giving a phuck.

UEFA should state that teams nominated any winning status as a result of the league not being finished will be blocked from playing in Europe for 5 years. I'm sure they will be able to handle the share price loss and lack of income....

If Rangers bend over and accept the scum bring title winners without taking the corrupt kunts to court all the way I’m done with Scottish Football the games over.

Tremendous, there’s yet ANOTHER weekend ruined and we’ve not even played a game this time. What’s the point in competing in this league?

Mate it’s a click bait headline with wishful thinking from the poet with a type writer.

You're probably right, Gramps1, but the fact that it's open to conjecture at all, shows how morally bankrupt the Scottish set-up is.

In a wider context, if it does come to pass, then the precedent's been set that you don't need to WIN the league to be given the title. That undermines and devalues not only this season, but every future season.

It's all still ifs and buts at the moment, but if this goes through unchallenged by any other Scottish club - at whatever level - then our game has fallen to a new low.

The possibility of a wartime-style season – in which the title would have unofficial status – is adamantly opposed by most clubs sounded by Telegraph Sport.

Why would most clubs oppose this?
Because they have their tongues firmly in Celtic’s bum hole!

Forsyth and the Record haven’t made this up.

They’ve clearly been briefed.

Rangers should be responding with the threat of legal action.

We cannot sit back and let this happen without saying anything. We need to say something now and not just wait for this to happen and then comment. I want us to be proactive and not just reactive.

Are the authorities thick?

There is approximately £15m to be divided up between 3rd-12th.

The clubs want/need an advance payment so average the money out, (I’ll even do the arithmetic for them, it’s £1.5m each) pay it out and then recoup it accordingly at the end of next season.
The most any team would have to pay back or be owed would be approximately 0.5m.

It’s not fucking difficult is it?

All these people saying they are done with football if this happens ,no you’re not ,that’s a lie ,you just want to show us how raging you are by stamping your feet and wagging your finger ,we all get it but don’t issue hissy fit threats ,you’ll be back you know you will .

If, and it’s a big if, this is true then I’d be astounded that they could not just award the shettlestons the title, but then say nothing about relegation at the same time?! How on earth could this even be legal??

Are the authorities thick?

There is approximately £15m to be divided up between 3rd-12th.

The clubs want/need an advance payment so average the money out, (I’ll even do the arithmetic for them, it’s £1.5m each) pay it out and then recoup it accordingly at the end of next season.
The most any team would have to pay back or be owed would be approximately 0.5m.

It’s not fucking difficult is it?
Or how about giving to those who need it most. If the various footballing authorities in Scotland are that concerned about the health of Scottish football why can’t they cooperate to share all prize money out in a way that helps the clubs who are struggling most. That, to me, would be sporting integrity.

In this backwater we call Scotland,the teachers pet will always get favourable treatment.We have fell asleep on the job and the rhabids have taken full advantage of it.

So far this year, I have attended 4 funerals. The nice old lady next door is dying and has only a few days left. I have not worked for over 2 weeks, and I haven't been able to be with my family in that time. Thousands of people all over the world have died with thousands more to follow.
Meantime, in a wee backwater of the world, a corrupt and morally bankrupt football association are trying like hell to give a corrupt and morally bankrupt football club a totally meaningless trophy just to keep them and their rabid supporters happy.
They can take the trophy and show it up their arses. It became tainted in 2008, even more so in 2012, and now it is on the verge of getting even worse. It will be stained with a filth that can never be erased.
I hope the SPFL, CFC and the league trophy enjoy their sordid time together - they deserve each other and I am past giving a phuck.
Brilliant post pal.

So if a player us transferred during the summer berween 2 of the remaining 4 SC semi finalists and they look to complete competition by end of year i would assume they would be cup tied? Or are SPFL and SFA just gonnae use Covid 19 as an excuse to do what the %^*& they want?
This is only one minor issue but shows the minefield they are creating for themselves
I can 100% guarantee that if the scum are awarded the title and we take legal action it will be spun 180 degrees that its a disgrace that we are fighting it as people are dying and theres more important things than football.

They claim to have to have squillions in the bank and can sell 1 or 2 players for a few million more. That's them covered for 1 more season with no champions league.
They get the title, Scottish club's barred from Europe for a season which financially hamstrings Rangers again and possibly losing thousands of season ticket holders through asking what's the point?
Job done, another 2 or 3 seasons of dominance, maybe even 8000 back in the Broomloan and all with the approval of the authorities.
Conspiracy theory or just decades of watching the devious bastards getting what they want?

Really can’t see the SPFL jumping the gun on this before some the bigger leagues in Europe have shown their hand first.

Sure what is being written may be a wishlist from certain parties, but no Europe will be a non starter and the following legal actions from member clubs.

The filth will get their title and Rangers will do f*ck all about it other than a lame statement disagreeing with the decision.
Hearts will also do f*ck all.

They claim to have to have squillions in the bank and can sell 1 or 2 players for a few million more. That's them covered for 1 more season with no champions league.
They get the title, Scottish club's barred from Europe for a season which financially hamstrings Rangers again and possibly losing thousands of season ticket holders through asking what's the point?
Job done, another 2 or 3 seasons of dominance, maybe even 8000 back in the Broomloan and all with the approval of the authorities.
Conspiracy theory or just decades of watching the devious bastards getting what they want?
They don't actually have any money in the Bank that's the media doing the work for them they need a lot of money to service there wage bill and they had to ask for extra time to pay back the loan they have out with the CO-OP no European football hamstrings them just as much or maybe more than us

The filth will get their title and Rangers will do f*ck all about it other than a lame statement disagreeing with the decision.
Our new PR guy will want to make a statement of intent he won't take this lying down and will be better at judging how the fans feel due to the fact he is one he will do a better job than Traynor

Really can’t see the SPFL jumping the gun on this before some the bigger leagues in Europe have shown their hand first.

Sure what is being written may be a wishlist from certain parties, but no Europe will be a non starter and the following legal actions from member clubs.

There is some irony that the 'UEFA Letter' had the European Club Association (ECA) as a signatory and Peter Lawwell is on the ECA Board.

His influence on that Board approximates zero when you see the other members on it: Andrea Agnelli (Juventus), Pedro López Jiménez (Real Madrid), Edwin van der Sar (Ajax), Dariusz Mioduski (Legia Warsaw), Aki Riihilahti (HJK), Ed Woodward (Manchester United), Ivan Gazidis (AC Milan), Josep Maria Bartomeu (FC Barcelona), Nasser Al-Khelaifi (Paris Saint-Germain FC), Jean-Michel Aulas (Olympique Lyonnais), Domingos Soares de Oliveira (S.L. Benfica), Michael Gerlinger (FC Bayern München), Michael Verschueren (Anderlecht), Niclas Carlnén (Malmö FF) and Peter Lawwell (Celtic).

If he didn't agree with the letter (he effectively sent to himself) he could of course do the honorable thing and resign.

On the other hand he will be well placed to know the thinking of these other clubs in terms of what they will do if the season can't be completed. If he has concluded that many will go 'null & void' then he will certainly have been pressurising the SPFL to declare Celtic Champions in advance of that happening. The UEFA letter appears to have made things more difficult for him now.

Our new PR guy will want to make a statement of intent he won't take this lying down and will be better at judging how the fans feel due to the fact he is one he will do a better job than Traynor

How can he when Stewart Robertson’s sitting on the SPFL board. What’s Robertson doing

I hope we as a club investigate up.every opportunity and avenue and shine torchlights in every crevice to see if we can vacate this corrupt cable at the earliest opportunity possible.

We should now say that the titles won during the war should go to our official count and fuk the dissenters
I totally agree with this view.

How can he when Stewart Robertson’s sitting on the SPFL board. What’s Robertson doing
Robertson will be doing what was said in the statement released on the matter and demanding the season is played to a conclusion with no behind closed doors games

Robertson will be doing what was said in the statement released on the matter and demanding the season is played to a conclusion with no behind closed doors games

Yet he’s part of a board willing to hand a title over that is tainted on the other hand?

I think if Hearts are relegated then they will go to court as I think that getting relegated to a lower division would finish Hearts financially. They are already struggling and up to their erse in debt . Id also doubt that their support would show the same level of support to Hearts and still go in numbers to watch them in a lower division like our support did when we got put down the league tiers.

I think if Hearts are relegated then they will go to court as I think that getting relegated to a lower division would finish Hearts financially. They are already struggling and up to their erse in debt . Id also doubt that their support would show the same level of support to Hearts and still go in numbers to watch them in a lower division like our support did when we got put down the league tiers.
Hearts have been relegated several times and their support increased because they were winning more often. Could they afford a legal challenge in all seriousness ?

Back