Daily Telegraph - Celtic to be awarded Premiership title with no league expansion as SPFL negotiate coronavirus crisis

Hearts have been relegated several times and their support increased because they were winning more often. Could they afford a legal challenge in all seriousness ?

They havent been relegated with Budge in charge and I think she's a whole different type of person that those previously in charge. I think they would mount a legal challenge as their support would expect it and they'd have a case to do so

it's still 9 in a row at the end of the day. With the corruption they wield, it will also be 10 in a row and eventually they will get to 55 before us.
Have to agree. Stack the odds against us with refs afraid to give 50/50s, media pressure on our players actions. Think back to the 2 OF games late December, 3 weeks of negativity to Morelos then Kent and Morelos. To win the league, well have to be significantly better than them. Can you imagine the pressure on refs with 5 games to go if it's tight ?

4 tainted, 4 legit, 1 tainted beyond belief?

(If im wrong tell me)

Obviously, this should be seen in the context of a world-wide, life-threatening pandemic and is well down anybody's list of priorities. But that doesn't make it any less true. The pandemic caused this scenario, that Celtic are only too keen to take advantage of, and that the football authorities are more than happy to facilitate.

Someone posted this last week. A perfect summary of a morally bankrupt club and the corrupt league in their thrall.

Title 1
Main rivals points deduction.

Titles 2 to 5
Unprecedented decision to remove main rivals from the top league to the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Titles 6 and 7
Main rivals financially hamstrung after corporate pillaging.

Title 8
Main rivals can finally start to get on a firm financial footing, but are up against a club who have benefitted financially from 6 years of Champions League qualification.

Title 9 (?)
Awarded without completing the full league programme.

These circumstances have given them virtually a free run at Champions League qualification (and the money that comes from that) in Seasons 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/5, 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18, and - if circumstances allow - will result in entry to the 2020/21 tournament.

'Tainted' doesn't do it justice.

Rangers BETTER be ready to go to war on this, I swear to god if they roll over and take this I'm done with Scottish football and rangers, my two season tickets will be done with and I won't be back inside Ibrox again, anyone else that doesn't follow suite needs their skull read.

Rangers won't go to war. There will be the predictable angry statement and that will be it.

What is the voting weight for SPFL decisions again?

Basically, how many clubs need to vote for Scotlands Shame FC to be handed the title?

Okay, I've repeated this post from another thread but it is appropriate here, and will be more relevant as the days unfold:

From a personal point of view, I really don't give a shit if they get gifted the title now and I really don't want it for ourselves. The trophies now are death trophies. The silverware and medals will have metaphoric black ribbons on them. Who in their right mind wants death trophies and medals.

I agree. Even if we played out the season now and we somehow ended up winning it, I would take no pleasure from it. This nightmare is going to get worse both here and worldwide before it gets better. Lives are being lost, and no piece of silver can make up for that.
In a way, it would be quite appropriate to award it to them. Anyone with a modicum of human decency would refuse it. It would certainly show them as a club like no other.

They should be abandoning the season, splitting the prize money evenly between the teams in the top division. The European places could be based on the previous season.

As a slight alternative, hold off and have a play off for the title and relegation etc. Pretty sure that would generate some much needed cash?

This idea that the Scottish Cup gets completed later in the year is absolutely bonkers. Just accept that it can’t be completed. Yes the semi-finals generate some cash but there will be greater financial benefit to getting on with the next season.

As for the point about the unofficial status of the title being opposed by a significant number of clubs. That is obviously exaggerated. He provides a quote (which doesn’t make any sense) from one source. Wonder who that source might be...

It would help if people get it out their heads that other clubs want celtic to win the title to put one over rangers.

That's absolute nonsence. They couldn't give a shit who wins the league. For example, yes st mirren will be happy for the leagues to be finished with the current standings, not because celtic win the league, because it stops them going down. Hamilton and Ross county will be thinking the same. These 3 clubs will be happy to see hearts go down, the rest in the middle basically have nothing to play for, so they'll want it called just to get their money, which you can hardly blame them for.

It's all about the money, has been that way for years now.

Obviously, this should be seen in the context of a world-wide, life-threatening pandemic and is well down anybody's list of priorities. But that doesn't make it any less true. The pandemic caused this scenario, that Celtic are only too keen to take advantage of, and that the football authorities are more than happy to facilitate.

Someone posted this last week. A perfect summary of a morally bankrupt club and the corrupt league in their thrall.

Title 1

Titles 2 to 5
Unprecedented decision to remove main rivals from the top league to the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Titles 6 and 7

Title 8
Main rivals can finally start to get on a firm financial footing, but are up against a club who have benefitted financially from 6 years of Champions League qualification.

Title 9 (?)

These circumstances have given them virtually a free run at Champions League qualification (and the money that comes from that) in Seasons 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/5, 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18, and - if circumstances allow - will result in entry to the 2020/21 tournament.

Nailed to the floor

They havent been relegated with Budge in charge and I think she's a whole different type of person that those previously in charge. I think they would mount a legal challenge as their support would expect it and they'd have a case to do so
Hearts can only mount a legal challenge if the SPFL dont play within the rules. If there is a rule or a clause in the rules that state they can do this in these circumstances then there is nothing Hearts can do.

Sickening.

Winter Break being axed is the only good thing I read there. Would stop Gerrard taking us to Dubai and completely fucking up the teams forward motion.

Yet he’s part of a board willing to hand a title over that is tainted on the other hand?
You honestly think our managing director is willing to hand the title to the beggars??
Of course he isn’t!!
We don’t even know this story is true, but if it is I’m pretty sure he could simply be out voted on the board.
Both us and Hearts will take legal action should they take this approach. Plus enrage UEFA who warned against this exact thing.

Finished with Scottish football if they start handing the tims trophies they haven’t even won yet. The games an absolute bogey if that comes to fruition.

Hearts can only mount a legal challenge if the SPFL dont play within the rules. If there is a rule or a clause in the rules that state they can do this in these circumstances then there is nothing Hearts can do.

Sickening.

says who? I was reading a sports Lawyer who stated that Heart cound mount a challenge under Scots Contract Law as there has been a precedent set as to the competition rules ( so to speak) for previous years in that you, start the competition on X Day and it finishes on Y day and an all games played and then the team on the top of the table who mathematically cannot be caught are then declared the winners as all games have been played.

We can still mathematcially catch them
Hearts can mathematically save their league position

If the SPFL dont stick to the accepted rules of how the SPFL league competitions wortks then whats the point then in even having it run at all as they might as well just declare Celtic champs every yr without a game being played then if they dont follow the accepted rules that have been used year in year out!

Last edited:
I fully expect this to happen. However, if the club do not fight this then they will lose a lot of fan goodwill. We simply have to stand up for ourselves here

They don't actually have any money in the Bank that's the media doing the work for them they need a lot of money to service there wage bill and they had to ask for extra time to pay back the loan they have out with the CO-OP no European football hamstrings them just as much or maybe more than us

If it is made up it is the media and BDO who are doing their work for them

Im thinking this was written before the uefa statement but were still willing to print for clickbait.
No one knows how this will end, yes we know the way they want it to end. I want to pump jennifer aniston its not happening either.

Im thinking this was written before the uefa statement but were still willing to print for clickbait.
No one knows how this will end, yes we know the way they want it to end. I want to pump jennifer aniston its not happening either.
Exactly, file under papish fantasist bullshit.

It’s increasingly likely given the nosies and subsequent releases from UEFa and the TV companies that season 2019/20 will be played to a finish across Europe between May - August and behind closed doors at that.

Sadly the only positive that Covid19 threatened to offer - the scottish season being null and void - won’t transpire

Exactly, file under papish fantasist bullshit.

It’s increasingly likely given the nosies and subsequent releases from UEFa and the TV companies that season 2019/20 will be played to a finish across Europe between May - August and behind closed doors at that.

Sadly the only positive that Covid19 threatened to offer - the scottish season being null and void - won’t transpire

What happens to our players like Wes, Kamberi etc that are out of contract @ 31-5?

You must be a Tim in disguise coming out with pish like that.
Why do you say that there are many of our supporters who have the same views, and are good Rangers men/women don't just take FF as your broad base of opinion, there are thousands who don't come near here because of answers like yours. You obviously disagree which is fair enough but you certainly can't discount it won't happen.
They have the money, they get the major decisions more than us etc etc, we have twice blown excellent chances of winning the league. Tell us what's going to happen over the next 2 or 3 seasons that is going to change everything. Unless it's a billionaire coming on our side, I can't see something magical happening.

What happens to our players like Wes, Kamberi etc that are out of contract @ 31-5?
Who knows - they get temp extensions? This will be an issue for clubs across the continent.

Especially the smaller clubs like Hamilton or the likes who live month to month and invariably offer contracts for a year.

Least the filth will have to play Bain or Gordon in goals against us

says who? I was reading a sports Lawyer who stated that Heart cound mount a challenge under Scots Contract Law as there has been a precedent set as to the competition rules ( so to speak) for previous years in that you, start the competition on X Day and it finishes on Y day and an all games played and then the team on the top of the table who mathematically cannot be caught are then declared the winners as all games have been played.

We can still mathematcially catch them
Hearts can mathematically save their league position

If the SPFL dont stick to the accepted rules of how the SPFL league competitions wortks then whats the point then in even having it run at all as they might as well just declare Celtic champs every yr without a game being played then if they dont follow the accepted rules that have been used year in year out!
Read what i said mate.

if it's within their rules there can be no challenge.

Teams signed up to they rules.

Lets hope there is no such rule or clause

Read what i said mate.

if it's within their rules there can vmbe no challenge.

It's more nuanced than that. Unlike in England and Wales it's open for a person or organisation to petition the Court of Session for a judicial review of a decision made by a private body. Obviously its considerably more complicated but there is provision in Scots Law for such a decision to be reviewed by a court depending in the wording and application of the rules.

It's more nuanced than that. Unlike in England and Wales it's open for a person or organisation to petition the Court of Session for a judicial review of a decision made by a private body. Obviously its considerably more complicated but there is provision in Scots Law for such a decision to be reviewed by a court depending in the wording and application of the rules.
Yes what i am saying is it boils down to the rules.

If the rats running our game have an outball in their rules they will use it and any challenge will be futile. It's easy for folk to shout that ourselves and Hearts must take it through the courts and if thats possible we must. But if we have no case due to the SPFL rules then what can we do legally?

Read what i said mate.

I think if the clause existed we'd know all about it by now.
It's clear exactly how the footballing authorities in Scotland want this to end, if their own rules allowed it then the mentally challengeds lickspittles wouldn't be slow in telling us.

If the filth get gifted this title, you're talking a whole different level of taintedness. I would hope the club, Steven Gerrard, his staff, players, the whole lot call it exactly that from whenever it happens at every single opportunity. Regardless of how the legalities of it all turn out, it has to be pointed out forever and a day that it's tainted, means absolutely nothing and we as a club will never accept or recognise it. You cannot be given a Championship,you have to win it. It's that simple.

Yes what i am saying is it boils down to the rules.

If the rats running our game have an outball in their rules they will use it and any challenge will be futile. It's easy for folk to shout that ourselves and Hearts must take it through the courts and if thats possible we must. But if we have no case due to the SPFL rules then what can we do legally?

If the SPFL could have gifted that mob the title they would have done so by now, imo. They wouldn't have hung around this long.

If the filth get gifted this title, you're talking a whole different level of taintedness. I would hope the club, Steven Gerrard, his staff, players, the whole lot call it exactly that from whenever it happens at every single opportunity. Regardless of how the legalities of it all turn out, it has to be pointed out forever and a day that it's tainted, means absolutely nothing and we as a club will never accept or recognise it. You cannot be given a Championship,you have to win it. It's that simple.
Aye for start every player and management team should start every press conference and every interview stating that this is go for 1 in a row and that they are scum

Read what i said mate.

They'd still mount a challenge based on how the previous years league competition has been run id say as, Budge is desperate and cannot afford for Hearts to go down

Okay, I've repeated this post from another thread but it is appropriate here, and will be more relevant as the days unfold:

From a personal point of view, I really don't give a shit if they get gifted the title now and I really don't want it for ourselves. The trophies now are death trophies. The silverware and medals will have metaphoric black ribbons on them. Who in their right mind wants death trophies and medals.
Nobody in their right mind.

They'd still mount a challenge based on how the previous years league competition has been run id say as, Budge is desperate and cannot afford for Hearts to go down
She would be throwing away more money in those circumstances.

As stated, lets hope there is no rule/clsuse that lets them away with it.

Will they be awarded the scotshit cup as well because there is no challenge to them? Will the 3 other teams accept they are losers with not given the chance to win? Probably. It's bad enough the help they get from refs and linesmen without this totally corrupt organisation giving them whatever they want without having to earn it.

Will they be awarded the scotshit cup as well because there is no challenge to them? Will the 3 other teams accept they are losers with not given the chance to win? Probably. It's bad enough the help they get from refs and linesmen without this totally corrupt organisation giving them whatever they want without having to earn it.

Whatever they do with the league you can be assured that, at some point, they will squeeze in the 3 remaining Scottish Cup matches in order to give the Dhims their chance at the treble. Nothing surer.

Some alky from Raith Rovers (their Chairman?) was just on Radio Scotland. Said he'd put forward two proposals that his club would support. Firstly, they call the positions as they are now and declare champions/relegation based on that and, secondly, that they re-org the league with two new teams coming in and all promotions going ahead but no relegation. (Note: his own club benefits from either option).

Interestingly, when asked if there was a groundswell of support for the first proposal he said 'No, there wasn't'.

He also said he thought 4-6 clubs might fall by the wayside, that Raith would only have 9 players on their books come 12 June and that Stranraer wouldn't have ANY players on their books by 14 June. :eek: He didn't see us playing anytime soon and suggested it would be later than August.

Can we all agree that the media have no fu*king idea what's going on and are grasping wildly in the dark?
Possibly. However I also believe certain members of the press are well connected so I assume that’s what Lawell (obviously) and certain members of the SPFL want to happen.
Whether it does given the UEFA warning yesterday is another matter.

Have to agree. Stack the odds against us with refs afraid to give 50/50s, media pressure on our players actions. Think back to the 2 OF games late December, 3 weeks of negativity to Morelos then Kent and Morelos. To win the league, well have to be significantly better than them. Can you imagine the pressure on refs with 5 games to go if it's tight ?
Throw in a Celtic compliance officer and a Scottish government wanting to do us on anything sectarian they can pin on us.

Some alky from Raith Rovers (their Chairman?) was just on Radio Scotland. Said he'd put forward two proposals that his club would support. Firstly, they call the positions as they are now and declare champions/relegation based on that and, secondly, that they re-org the league with two new teams coming in and all promotions going ahead but no relegation. (Note: his own club benefits from either option).

Interestingly, when asked if there was a groundswell of support for the first proposal he said 'No, there wasn't'.

He also said he thought 4-6 clubs might fall by the wayside, that Raith would only have 9 players on their books come 12 June and that Stranraer wouldn't have ANY players on their books by 14 June. :eek: He didn't see us playing anytime soon and suggested it would be later than August.

I listened to him and then had a look at the league table and noticed that Raith would benefit from both of his proposals - surprise, surprise :rolleyes:.

The majority view from those on Sportsound was that although they would like the outstanding games to be completed it looks unlikely that this will happen so finances should trump sporting integrity.

There was suggestions that games might not be played until at least October / November.

Title 1

Titles 2 to 5

Titles 6 and 7

Title 8

Title 9 (?)

A very accurate summary that only a rabid would question.

Back