Dalglish worries about potential stripping of titles awarded

Null and void was the only option available to ensure that well worn phrase ‘sporting integrity’ was maintained unless the season was played to a finish.

Instead we have witnessed institutional corruption on a grand scale to ‘award’ them the title by hook or by crook.
You are spot on, my friend.

Celtic should be stripped of ALL honours won during the paedophile years.
Never figured out how this works tbh.

Such a scandal and crime means trophies won by players - who haven’t yet been proved to be involved or of any other criminal activity resulting in a fixing or unfair advantage because some coaches at a boys club, that were protected by said club - should have titles removed?

Is this just sour grapes over their nonsense whinging about our “ebt years”?

Have we failed as a support to avoid tit for tat with an entity unworthy of our equal?

Never figured out how this works tbh.

Such a scandal and crime means trophies won by players - who haven’t yet been proved to be involved or of any other criminal activity resulting in a fixing or unfair advantage because some coaches at a boys club, that were protected by said club - should have titles removed?

Is this just sour grapes over their nonsense whinging about our “ebt years”?

Have we failed as a support to avoid tit for tat with an entity unworthy of our equal?
What's good for the goose, my friend.

Pretty much every other league in Europe is completing their season on the pitch. Celtic didn't want to risk that, despite being in a dominant position at the top, and so here we are.

Of course this is what should happen immediately. Even in Belgium they took the title back automatically when their relegations were deemed illegal.

I don't think the cabal in this country will give it up so easily. Even though it will expose the agenda and hypocricy even more so than it already is now. They have no shame. Their title will be the next seperate entity.

Incredible how the Sunday Post narrative is being completely ignored by all the other rags, sweep sweep nothing to see here.

Used to think the Sunday Post was a joke paper, not now.

If the dodgy pricks hadn't been so desperate to hand the team they support a title they didn't win we would not have all this going down.
The SPFL deserve all the bad karma they get, more power to Hearts and Partick they are no friends of mine, but deserve to win this one.

Honestly can you imagine the anger that would be directed at us in the press if this happened..

How dare we the steal the title from the club like no other :rolleyes: Fat Rod would be distraught.

How ironic it would be for the filth spawned from the depths of hell to have their tainted title stripped.

I'd rather we focused our energies on denying them the CL money.

The actual title is now irrelevant whether it was awarded or is stripped. Its a sham and everyone knows it.

I'd rather we focused our energies on denying them the CL money.

The actual title is now irrelevant whether it was awarded or is stripped. Its a sham and everyone knows it.
Didn't UEFA say something about awarding of European spots ? Something about sporting integrity?

Legendary striker Kenny Dalglish has admitted concern that a positive judgement for Hearts and Partick Thistle in their legal battle with the SPFL could lead to a challenge over titles awarded last season.

The M8 alliance will shortly face SFA arbitration to decide the legality of their forced relegation with eight games still to play.

Three arbitrators from a legal background will go through the SPFL decision making process to relegate the two clubs and decide what restitution, if any, should be made.

And Dalglish is concerned that if the clubs get a favourable judgement and relegation is scrapped, it could end up causing challenges to "null and void" titles won by Celtic, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.

He told The Sunday Post : "If the judgment goes in favour of the clubs, then good luck to them.

"Their endeavour and fight against the SPFL will have led them to getting the result they wanted.

"But such a ruling may well open the door to many, many decisions in the SPFL’s four divisions being called into question.

"For example, if the relegation of Hearts from the Premiership, and Thistle from the Championship, is ruled to be unlawful, what’s to stop a club challenging the outcome at the top of the table as well?

"What’s to stop them asking that any titles given before the fixture schedule had been completed should also be ruled null and void?

"The argument would be that the same rules must apply to every place in the league, and not just the issue of relegation.

"The same applies to the handing out of European places.

"The past few weeks have been bad enough for the reputation of Scottish football.

"But this scenario could lead to our game becoming absolutely chaotic.

"Everything could well all end up in the air, and lead to even more legal challenges.

"It would leave the Premiership’s scheduled start date of August 1 in serious doubt."

Correct.
And if they win…we as a club, must challenge the validity of them being awarded a title they didn’t win.

What i don't understand is, what was the reason for them not to play out the league and surely win it, given that there was always going to be this asterisk thing or 8 1/2 titles against it?

I think we can rest assured that no matter what happens the SPFL will not be taking the title off of their masters.

What i don't understand is, what was the reason for them not to play out the league and surely win it, given that there was always going to be this asterisk thing or 8 1/2 titles against it?
Cash - pure and simple.
They have a £60m wage bill that is only sustainable with CL money or selling one or more of their better players. With the chance that the transfer market could collapse as clubs would be struggling financially they didn't want to take the chance.

Remember their manager has thrown away titles from a similarly strong position both as a player and a manager - helicopter Sunday.

They also have the potential compensation claims to cover.

So they need the extra £1m prize money for the title, the CL cash and the money from the tainted 9 merchandise to pay the bills and didn't want to risk either blowing it or UEFA making a decision that wasn't to their liking.

Legendary striker Kenny Dalglish has admitted concern that a positive judgement for Hearts and Partick Thistle in their legal battle with the SPFL could lead to a challenge over titles awarded last season.

The M8 alliance will shortly face SFA arbitration to decide the legality of their forced relegation with eight games still to play.

Three arbitrators from a legal background will go through the SPFL decision making process to relegate the two clubs and decide what restitution, if any, should be made.

And Dalglish is concerned that if the clubs get a favourable judgement and relegation is scrapped, it could end up causing challenges to "null and void" titles won by Celtic, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.

He told The Sunday Post : "If the judgment goes in favour of the clubs, then good luck to them.

"Their endeavour and fight against the SPFL will have led them to getting the result they wanted.

"But such a ruling may well open the door to many, many decisions in the SPFL’s four divisions being called into question.

"For example, if the relegation of Hearts from the Premiership, and Thistle from the Championship, is ruled to be unlawful, what’s to stop a club challenging the outcome at the top of the table as well?

"What’s to stop them asking that any titles given before the fixture schedule had been completed should also be ruled null and void?

"The argument would be that the same rules must apply to every place in the league, and not just the issue of relegation.

"The same applies to the handing out of European places.

"The past few weeks have been bad enough for the reputation of Scottish football.

"But this scenario could lead to our game becoming absolutely chaotic.

"Everything could well all end up in the air, and lead to even more legal challenges.

"It would leave the Premiership’s scheduled start date of August 1 in serious doubt."

And why are you so "concerned" Kenny?
Are you another that doesn't want to see things handled properly, you prat?

Dalglish worried?

What's to worry about?

The SPFL have made an almighty clusterfuck with their shenanigans. Let's hear their plans to sort this out should it come to pass. We won't be out of the courts in time to play season 20/21.

No because they could have the title stripped but still be selected by the governing body to represent us in the CL. Especially as the previous seasons champion.

The title is pretty irrelevant. The access to the CL money is the big thing.

I don’t know if being awarded any title without merit… is irrelevant, but I take your point on the money side.

What is their access next season then?
Thought they had to play 4 to 5 games (one round)… at least.
Or has that changed?

Kenny played for the bheasts while the abuse was going on,He heard nothing seen nothing and has said nothing.

Last edited:
Haha
Nah come on. It evades logic that a punishment should be “titties stripping”.

shut them down, and make them start from scratch for institutional crimes WAY beyond tax avoidance.
Now that I do like the sound of but I would like to go a bit further and banish the bastards for life.

The headline doesn't match the article at all.
I'd say Dalglish is far from worried.

I read a few chapters of Danny Mcgrain,s book & after he & KD signed, for them they were sitting in the stand watching a Scottish cup tie against Rangers, around 67/68 Celtic won 3-1 but when Celtic scored their first goal Mcgrain jumps up KD sits on his arse & says to him " you don't want them to win do you? "
Mcgrain replied " we are them now "
Out of all the players we missed out on KD is the one that hurts the most, I believe his dad was urging Rangers to take a look at him as Arsenal were keen on taking him down south & the old fella didn't want him to leave.
Our loss

Ehh naw ya auld prick. It'll result in them getting the correct result, the only result it should have been in the beginning.
Easy tiger lol

So it should. There can be no ”winner” if there are no losers.
aOqj3C3.gif

It should be the titles won during the abuse years that they should be worries about. If that club is found to be guilty of the crime of large scale child abuse then they should be dealt with the way in which the Americans dealt with Penn State..

And even then the punishment still wouldnt be enough for the scale of what went on.

Back