Dalian Atkinson Taser death:

The cop certainly didn't murder the guy, nothing in the incident meets the definition of murder.

It's also fvcking bang out of order throwing in an alternative charge in case they can't prove the 1st one. Where is the fairness in that?

Seems the poor guy died from a taser exacerbated by underlying health issues. Is our judicial system turning into America?? Will the cops be found guilty to prevent civil disobedience. Pretty sick of the witch hunting cvnts coming out of the woodwork at every opportunity!

The Police should just find a way to strike for a month or two....see how our fvcking hunks feel at the end of that situation.
think u will find most of the comments confirm the taser being administered OK longer than expected but we dont know the full circumstances but could be deemed appropriate

interested to know what u think of a motionless non reactive human being lying on the ground on top of his arms and an animal kicking him so hard in the head he left the mark of his boot laces on his forehead - twice, where in the book is that allowed ??

The cop certainly didn't murder the guy, nothing in the incident meets the definition of murder.

It's also fvcking bang out of order throwing in an alternative charge in case they can't prove the 1st one. Where is the fairness in that?

Seems the poor guy died from a taser exacerbated by underlying health issues. Is our judicial system turning into America?? Will the cops be found guilty to prevent civil disobedience. Pretty sick of the witch hunting cvnts coming out of the woodwork at every opportunity!

The Police should just find a way to strike for a month or two....see how our fvcking hunks feel at the end of that situation.
That's how the law works buttercup. So you want to police act as they see fit. And not a single shred of evidence to suggest civil disobedience if they didn't get charged.

You seem angry. I get it. You think police can do and act as they like. Who needs the law when you can put on a uniform and beat people up. The police will get a day in court, and if they did nothing wrong I'm sure the good old justice system THEY work for will find them not guilty. Fairs, fair and all that.

Can the same people who continually ruined the lounge threads not turn this into some kind of diet George Floyd case please, it's a boring as fck for others who want discussion.

Very hard to defend, taser use perhaps can be justified but unless threat to life and in a major scrap, anyone kicking anyone else on the head hard enough to leave imprints leaves themselves wide open for a murder charge and deserve it too.

Tbh the last time our family called them it felt like they were on strike for that month or two .

lol

I think you will find there is very much a case to be answered here by both police officers . Fucking sad that .

I don't understand this at all. There must be further information to come out that hasn't already been disclosed by the family.

He said his brother had attacked their 85-year-old father, Ernest, at his home on Monday before police were called to the scene.

"My brother had lost it. He was in a manic state and depressed - out of his mind and ranting. He had a tube in his shoulder for the dialysis and he had ripped it out and was covered in blood," he told the newspaper.

"He got Dad by the throat and said he was going to kill him. He told Dad he had already killed me, our brother Paul and sister Elaine and he had come for him.

So the police turn up here see a man covered in blood who's attacked an old man and has said he has already killed three others. What are they meant to do?
no Boot the guy in the face that hard that he had the screws shoelace imbedded into his forehead and kept his finger on the taser even when he was out cold

Can the same people who continually ruined the lounge threads not turn this into some kind of diet George Floyd case please, it's a boring as fck for others who want discussion.

Very hard to defend, taser use perhaps can be justified but unless threat to life and in a major scrap, anyone kicking anyone else on the head hard enough to leave imprints leaves themselves wide open for a murder charge and deserve it too.

Not much danger of that. Those posters who were outraged at the treatment of George Floyd seem to be absent from this thread.

The reality is that, in every police force whether it be the UK, USA, France, Germany, Belgium, etc. you will always get a minority of officers who let the rest, and the public, down. What is good is that they are now being held to account.

I'm not being pedantic brother, but that's not accurate. The tazer is to immobilise / subdue a person should circumstances dictate it. If a cop 'wrongly' tasers someone, or is excessive in it's use, they will be charged with assault or its english equivalent.
Do you think the cop used his tazer in an excessive way?

It's disgraceful, seems to be all one way or the other on the thread. Those officers involved should see jail time but 99% of Police do everything with the best of intentions. It is possible to criticise those involved without tarring them all with the same brush. It's either ACAB or can do nothing wrong attitude on here sometimes.

Murder is a common law offence in England. As I recall the only criteria is that one person attacks another with the intention of causing serious injury or death and as a result that person dies. You don't need to intend to kill, merely cause great harm.

As for the alternative verdict, English jury trials aren't my area of expertise but in Scotland it would always be open for a jury in a murder trial to acquit the accused of murder but find them guilty of culpable homocide, it wouldn't even need to be in the indictment because it's an implied alternative.

Murder is a common law offence in England. As I recall the only criteria is that one person attacks another with the intention of causing serious injury or death and as a result that person dies. You don't need to intend to kill, merely cause great harm.

As for the alternative verdict, English jury trials aren't my area of expertise but in Scotland it would always be open for a jury in a murder trial to acquit the accused of murder but find them guilty of culpable homocide, it wouldn't even need to be in the indictment because it's an implied alternative.
Indeed, and it is hard to explain booting someone in the head hard enough to leave imprints if you were not trying to cause him great harm.

Do you think the cop used his tazer in an excessive way?
Tbh, I wasn't there. Taser use should be stopped as soon as the danger is gone, i.e, the person is incapacitated. There is no legal time the taser is used, or how many times. It's not foolproof as the 2 earlier deployments proved. I think the 2 cops were shit scared during a frightening ordeal and have over-reacted. Again, I don't know. I'll tell you one thing, none of us know how we would have reacted in that situation. Folk go on about training etc, but that only goes so far. A guy is dead. That's the bottom line.

Indeed, and it is hard to explain booting someone in the head hard enough to leave imprints if you were not trying to cause him great harm.
Yeah the taser is one thing and you can hypothesise all day long about heart conditions etc but booting someone on the head when they're incapacitated isn't going to be good for anyone's health.

Tbh, I wasn't there. Taser use should be stopped as soon as the danger is gone, i.e, the person is incapacitated. There is no legal time the taser is used, or how many times. It's not foolproof as the 2 earlier deployments proved. I think the 2 cops were shit scared during a frightening ordeal and have over-reacted. Again, I don't know. I'll tell you one thing, none of us know how we would have reacted in that situation. Folk go on about training etc, but that only goes so far. A guy is dead. That's the bottom line.
Exactly

Yeah the taser is one thing and you can hypothesise all day long about heart conditions etc but booting someone on the head when they're incapacitated isn't going to be good for anyone's health.
If the boot to the head did not kill him though, and underlying medical issues did, because of the taser, I think it is not too hard a case to make in saying that intent to harm with the taser was present, given the length of time it was used. The kick adds credence to that.

Regardless of what actually killed the man, it is pretty obvious that the cop was not interested in his welfare at all.

They kicked him in the face with extreme force after tazering him three times and battered him with a baton whilst he was prone on the ground.

What a worrying post from you. Sadly, not a surprise on here.

Back